Videos Thread !

Tef

Hello,

We were playing in Finland in a city called Kemi. There we were playing in Kemi's Snowcastle and I got something on film. Castle were closed from turist so our airsoft organisers took action and asked promision to play in that castle. We do this every year. There are lot's of situation inside the castle but because of the darkness(no lights) the camera doesn't catch everything.

So here is the video: 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Attack/Defend game, known as "Rourke's Drift" at Xsite Lane End - A small team of attackers take on an entrenched position, each kill converts dead defenders to the attacking team. :)

Really love this one! Some simple effects to make it like a video game - love it. You've earned yourself a subscriber! I have some similar videos, but your visual effects are much cleaner. May I ask what programme you used to add some of the HUD elements?

Please check out my latest video. Apart from the intro, I don't really add any effects, but I use a third person angle to follow the players around a little for an extra perspective. I'm trying to build my channel up a bit too, so please like and subscribe if you feel so inclined ;)

Really love this one! Some simple effects to make it like a video game - love it. You've earned yourself a subscriber! I have some similar videos, but your visual effects are much cleaner. May I ask what programme you used to add some of the HUD elements?

Many thanks for your support! And of course, happy to help -- I was only experimenting with player markers in this video (so they're not quite perfect yet), but the process to read up on is "keyframes". Having moving pictures or even videos is just one use for keyframes - others include colour changes, panning and zooming. Keyframes can also be applied to audio effects (fading in, out, etc).

The application of keyframes will vary depending on which editing programme you're using, but Google should be able to help you find tutorials specific to your software! :) In my case I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - I would recommend Premiere Pro, but it's much more expensive!!

The other HUD markers (player + Weapon) are just images placed as overlays to the main video. Hope that helps!

I had a look at your video too, and the 3rd person swoops are a brilliant idea which has been excellently executed. Subbed! :)

You should set some codec instead of rendering in "Lossless" :)

In render tab click on the "Lossless" next to "Output Module:" and choose H.264 as a Format. Then in "Format Options..." you can set the neat bitrate (15 target and 20 max should do fine).

Sorry for the off-topic :)

Ive been dabbling in after effects, but some of the render settings are insane, i managed to get an airsoft game (5.30) up to 56.1Gb!!

Yeah my rendering time can be like an hour sometimes, depending on how much greenscreen and stuff I stick in.

Many thanks for your support! And of course, happy to help -- I was only experimenting with player markers in this video (so they're not quite perfect yet), but the process to read up on is "keyframes". Having moving pictures or even videos is just one use for keyframes - others include colour changes, panning and zooming. Keyframes can also be applied to audio effects (fading in, out, etc).

The application of keyframes will vary depending on which editing programme you're using, but Google should be able to help you find tutorials specific to your software! :) In my case I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - I would recommend Premiere Pro, but it's much more expensive!!

The other HUD markers (player + Weapon) are just images placed as overlays to the main video. Hope that helps!

I had a look at your video too, and the 3rd person swoops are a brilliant idea which has been excellently executed. Subbed! :)

I'll look into that buddy. Thanks very much!

Here's a question for all of you. How do you think we can get the traffic of our channels up? I spend ages making videos, so when only 500 people view them, and only 20 people like them, it can be a bit discouraging. Channels like Scoutthedoggie have got tens of thousands of views, and although his videos are beautiful quality, they're not spectacularly better than some of the other videos online. What draws people in, and how can we get more exposure so that we're motivated to keep doing what we love?

There's a bit of a disconnect between what makes a good game to play (from the player's POV) and what makes a good game to watch (from the viewer's POV).

Scout isn't a player, he just captures little microcosms of gameplay and isn't constrained by a single (or multiple) perspectives.

And in other news, here's the first part of the first game I ever had my GoPro at - it's only taken me 14 months to upload the *fruitcage*!

Yeah my rendering time can be like an hour sometimes, depending on how much greenscreen and stuff I stick in.

I'll look into that buddy. Thanks very much!

Here's a question for all of you. How do you think we can get the traffic of our channels up? I spend ages making videos, so when only 500 people view them, and only 20 people like them, it can be a bit discouraging. Channels like Scoutthedoggie have got tens of thousands of views, and although his videos are beautiful quality, they're not spectacularly better than some of the other videos online. What draws people in, and how can we get more exposure so that we're motivated to keep doing what we love?

Put boobs on the playlist pic.

If you look at the various airsoft channels on youtube, it's not the ones that put up quality, informative content that get the most traffic.  Don't be dissuaded by small view numbers.

I'm not very good, but I've been putting stuff up for a couple of years now (intermittently due to work) and I've got a tiny number of subscribers compared to the really big channels.  But on the other hand when the companies/manufacturers/retailers/sites see you put up genuinely good stuff then you start to make connections etc.  I've had a couple of e-mails entirely out of the blue from people I'd really not expect, but not that many people watch my actual stuff.  It's also the videos with really simple titles and big, easy to ingest thumbnails that the unwashed masses actually click on; not the detailed reviews of good quality guns/kit that happens to cost money, because they want stuff cheap and they want it now.  Not that there's anything wrong with wanting a good price on equipment, but half the time it's either a case where spending £5 gets you £100 more quality, or often even spending less money on something can glean a superior product.

Look at the stuff the retailers put up for example, their 'reviews' are more often than not an absolute joke.  "Oh yeah, feels great this gun.  These are the metal parts, these bits are plastic, here's some bint who doesn't have a clue what she's doing popping off a few BBs out in the car park".

I'd like some input from you guys, but I am thinking of starting my own gameplay videos,

I would have 1 camera mounted to my helmet, and another mounted to my gun behind a red dot sight of sorts. (Both Contours)

I would edit so that as I am running around it uses my helmet cam, but whilst shooting, it would show the "Behind the Optic POV"

What do you guys think? 

Archived