Videos Thread !

Tef

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please SUBSCRIBE to my 'Silver Fox' channel on Youtube and LIKE if you enjoy.  [i currently only have 8 subscribers, lol :(  ]
Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCvzbnaqp1s

Scorpion Evo and TM G17 game play from POW (Players Of War) Airsoft, Bonnybridge, Scotland - 13th Sept 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2R748-zJ_w

14+ Killstreak with TM M870 Breacher and TRMR grenade, indoor CQB game play from The Depot, Glasgow, Scotland - 1st Nov 2015

The second video's great - although lose the hashtags IMO. The first video - if you're shooting at something, I want to see what you're shooting at. It's OK showing us your face for when you're not shooting at something (I enjoyed watching the fast magazine change that way) and the POV camera's good, but really you need a zoom camera and/or hitmarkers or crosshairs over your targets so we can see what you're shooting at and whether you hit them or not at that kind of range. Better not to play the same shots repeatedly from all three angles, definitely. If you could do spoken commentary to introduce the video (so we don't have to read the wall o' text at the beginning) and narration at key points (e.g., tell us what you're shooting at, what the objective is etc.) that'd be good too, as would telling us about the guns you're using and why you chose them for this game etc. - anything to flesh it out, really.

• 2 weeks later...

The second video's great - although lose the hashtags IMO. The first video - if you're shooting at something, I want to see what you're shooting at. It's OK showing us your face for when you're not shooting at something (I enjoyed watching the fast magazine change that way) and the POV camera's good, but really you need a zoom camera and/or hitmarkers or crosshairs over your targets so we can see what you're shooting at and whether you hit them or not at that kind of range. Better not to play the same shots repeatedly from all three angles, definitely. If you could do spoken commentary to introduce the video (so we don't have to read the wall o' text at the beginning) and narration at key points (e.g., tell us what you're shooting at, what the objective is etc.) that'd be good too, as would telling us about the guns you're using and why you chose them for this game etc. - anything to flesh it out, really.

Thanks for the feedback PureSilver. I do have a zoom cam (when it's recording ok...difficult to tell during the game with the Mobius cams), but my options for marking the targets are a bit limited with editing at the moment with GoPro Studio, as I need to upgrade to something like Adobe Premiere, when funds allow. I'll definitely bear that in mind though, as I know what you mean. Likewise I haven't done a commentary yet, as I could do with getting a stand alone mic. You're not the only one who commented on the selfie cam and 3x different angle thing. I'll take that on board too. I'm still learning and appreciate your comments.

That EVO is a *fruitcage* laser. The spread is basicly you moving it around.

Do you have any overspin issues at that ROF? Or is it DSG on 7,4v?

Jal3, No issues with the ROF so far. Landwarrior modified it for me to increase the ROF (short-stroked piston etc) and quicker trigger response. I use an 11.1v lipo. 

Anyway, here's my latest video published earlier this week, originally shot at the AI500 at RAF Kirton in Lindsey. My two Mobius cameras were playing up on this occasion (looks like the were recording whilst travelling to the game, causing the batteries to die prematurely and the memory card filling up with blank footage), so I lose the zoom cam early on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzXbuY0s30

Nice one Vortix. 

-------------------

Got a new video only myself. The game was to retrieve three blocks of wood from the opposing teams side of the field. We were heavily pushed back in the beginning of this round and even lost one block already. 

So it was time to retaliate with a killing streak to take the block (literaly and figuratively).

The YT video is 60fps, but your source material varies in FPS greatly. It's only running 60fps in a few instances. I'd say it's swinging between 30-40fps most of the time. It may be the camera that cannot follow if you record in high resolution. FYI.

I took a trip over to the The Asylum in Kidderminster run by First and Only last weekend. The site is a nice mix of FIBUA/CQB with a dash of woodland thrown into the mix. Marshals were on point and there was a great bunch of honest players. This was their last game of the year so you might even spot some fancy dress!

I think the vid is restricted on some devices due to the music so make sure you watch on a good 'ol PC.

OK, so after upgrading my tools with early Xmas presents, here's my first video put together with Adobe Premiere & Photoshop software and a Blue Yeti mic.

I've spent ages creating this, learning new Adobe and Youtube skills as I go, so please feel free to provide any feedback. Unfortunately my zoom cam wasn't working, so I've used Adobe's zoom function from my main head cam footage. I've done away with the text, adding narration instead, added my SilverFox logo and images of the weapons I'm using at that time, swapping between them as I go.

Part 3 of my AI500 series is halfway done and I've created custom thumbnails for all of my pre-existing videos, to make them more uniformed and give them a visual identity.

If you enjoy, please hit SUBSCRIBE and LIKE on Youtube. I'm now up to 14 subscribers :) Thanks!

AI500, RAF Kirton, Sept 2015 - Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6CNpGoVLU4

• 2 weeks later...

3rd and final part of the AI500 series, with an added gag reel on the end.

If you enjoy, please hit SUBSCRIBE and LIKE on Youtube. I'm now up to 18 subscribers  :) Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M3DxSyeQ3g

Was there some kind of limited respawn?

If not, why didn't your team make a hard push in the beginning, since you were seriously outnumbering the opponents in the first room.

(oh and btw, subscribed :P)

The YT video is 60fps, but your source material varies in FPS greatly. It's only running 60fps in a few instances. I'd say it's swinging between 30-40fps most of the time. It may be the camera that cannot follow if you record in high resolution. FYI.

Don't know how that exactly happened, cause the original footage is 2.7k 60fps and the file uploaded to youtube is also 60fps (double checked it). (probably youtube messed it up again)

--------------

Oh and by the way, I have also released a new video capturing the many fine moments in 2015:

Was there some kind of limited respawn?

If not, why didn't your team make a hard push in the beginning, since you were seriously outnumbering the opponents in the first room.

(oh and btw, subscribed :P)

Oh and by the way, I have also released a new video capturing the many fine moments in 2015:

Unlimited respawn, but using the word "team" is very generous, lol. It was just a bunch of guys playing on the same side. We had little or no co-ordination and communication, so ultimately we failed. Too many players in a confined space led to overcrowding on the stairs. Plus, the event attracted a lot of new players to the hobby, so there was an awful lot of people hiding, scared to get shot at close range and not a lot of full face protection to be seen.

I don't belong to a team as such. I attended the event with a few local guys I know, but we're not as organised as an actual airsoft team.

Thanks for the subscription. I've returned the favour and I liked your compilation video. Simple and effective with good music. It would have been nice to know where each of the clips was shot though, as the terrain looked nice.

That pretty much explains the lot. 

Just in time for the new year, I managed to release a new video. On the 12th of December I was asked to shoot some footage at the first organised Airsoft Championship in The Netherlands. Since this was a new thing for me (normally only shoot myself and mates during the game), I decided it would be a good test. The official aftermovie I made after this event can be viewed here:

• 3 weeks later...

Another one for the 'Douchebag Hall of Fame', this particular incident occurred at SC Village in California. The victim left the shooter's airsoft team approximately a year ago, and posted a video where he burned his team patch. That prompted this retaliation:

(Mirrored here.) The shooter is now banned from SC Village, and it looks to me like some of his teammates (defending the action online) are also going to get banned.

Archived