Videos Thread !

Tef

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some awesome 4K testrender videos :D

I will be outputting 4K -> Down-sampled to 1080p @ 40Mbps to my YouTube channel because I don't see a need for native 4K videos.

Downsampling to 1080p with high bitrate gives really nice and crisp videos :D 

4K native render, 2160p, 24p, 3840x2160

4K down-sample render, 1440p, 24p, 2560x1440

4K down-sample render, 1080p, 24p, 1920x1080

Some awesome 4K testrender videos :D

I will be outputting 4K -> Down-sampled to 1080p @ 40Mbps to my YouTube channel because I don't see a need for native 4K videos.

Downsampling to 1080p with high bitrate gives really nice and crisp videos :D

I watched your videos and couldn't help but notice that you had chromatic abberation, especially appearent in the lower left white text. It's the purple bloom/shift. I struggled with this until i learned that my lense had limitations in picture quality beyond just aperature etc. Typically, a lense will have 1 specific fstop that gives the optimal clarity overall clarity (chromatic abberation being one reason), and then quality tapers off to either side.

You can take a look at this website:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx

The tool there will allow you to see examples of quality for the lense you have at various settings.

Hey, 

Which lower left white text? :o

What monitor/resolution did you watch on and was it in all three videos?

This is a Panasonic camcorder with a fixed lens so not much I can do on a hardware level to fix it.

IMG_0476.jpg

Perhaps there is a filter in Premiere I can apply to reduce the chromatic aberration.

It might also be that I pushed the sharpening of the output a little too much in this sample video.

Sorry, it is not text, but rather the stippled white line.

I've taken an enlarged screenshot of it:

http://peecee.dk/upload/view/466810/full

You can also see a purple shift next to the white squares and other places. It is seen in ares where there are sharp contrast differences (ie. white line in black).

I don't know if your camcorder has a manual mode where you can adjust aperture/f-stop, but if it has, it might be worth playing around with this and see what results you get. A higher f-stop has the advantage longer field of depth, so things will be better in focus when you moved them up/down (away/closer to camera).

It is a common issue (chromatic aberration), imo, so guaranteed there will be a software option in your editing tools to mitigate it, but i know nothing of editing video/photos.

NonEx, do you still have the KWC Colt Rail Gun? How does it compare to the 1911 Tactical in your video? Also, have you ever managed to fully disassemble a KWC 1911?

I have the 2 tone Colt Rail Gun (black frame with "stainless" slide) and I like the pistol quite a bit. Very accurate and has excellent range. My only issue is that I have a habit of sometimes activating the thumb safety while shooting. I've not had this issue with any of my other airsoft 1911's nor my real steel, just the KWC. I wonder if the overall thickness of the safety is to blame. Wish I could swap it out.

I do have both and I would say other than the finish and looks of the stainless being a bit better than the tactical they are pretty much the same pistol. And no I have not been able to disassemble them because it seems they glue together the thumb safety halves.

I just rest my thumb on top of the safety when shooting 1911s with that style safety lever and it's fine :D 

Archived