Videos Thread !

Tef

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not as scary as it looks. 500fps at normal engagement ranges isnt bad (outside of 50 feet) with a BDU top on (and most of us wear vests of some sort to hold our ######). Its just scary because of the ROF. Shooting well over 30 BB's a second is what makes that thing a can killer. Techincally you could do that with a High Speed 400fps gun it would just take a second or so longer for the stream of BB's to pound a hole through that can.

:mellow:

I would not airsoft with anyone who uses a 500fps airsoft gun at 50 feet. No way in hell.

I take it you've never been hit by one, its doesnt hurt..... if you're naked, yes it would probably hurt. With a BDU jacket of some type on, it might leave a red mark. This gun just makes it scary because of its ROF, but with a ROF that high comes a high likelyhood of breaking. Most 500fps guns made by Epowersports dont have that ROF. Its an evil gun, make no mistake, but its fieldability is very limited simply because of the likelyhood of breaking something.

I take it you've never been hit by one, its doesnt hurt..... if you're naked, yes it would probably hurt.  With a BDU jacket of some type on, it might leave a red mark.  This gun just makes it scary because of its ROF, but with a ROF that high comes a high likelyhood of breaking.  Most 500fps guns made by Epowersports dont have that ROF.  Its an evil gun, make no mistake, but its fieldability is very limited simply because of the likelyhood of breaking something.

Most of the people I airsoft with use M120 springs in their guns. One guy used an M140 and we were practically cheering when he moved away. It wasn't that he was a bad guy, so much as it was that his gun was more powerful than everyone else's, such that most people agreed that it hurt to be shot by him, and he was half-deaf. In any case, there is a reason why most sites and teams set the upper limit on woodland AEGs at 450fps. And there is a reason why Japanese and British law frowns upon guns that shoot higher than 325 or so fps.

Most of the people I airsoft with use M120 springs in their guns. One guy used an M140 and we were practically cheering when he moved away. It wasn't that he was a bad guy, so much as it was that his gun was more powerful than everyone else's, such that most people agreed that it hurt to be shot by him, and he was half-deaf. In any case, there is a reason why most sites and teams set the upper limit on woodland AEGs at 450fps. And there is a reason why Japanese and British law frowns upon guns that shoot higher than 325 or so fps.

Whats funny is that Ive gotten more injuries (well, blisters from being shot) in CQB arenas with 350fps limits then I've ever gotten in the field. I will take 500fps at 50 yards any day over 350fps at 15 feet. lol

Thanks.

lol I just realized the camera person/editor/person who runs the games edited the film to make it look like a teammate and I were shooting at the each other (near the middle, me with the M14 agaisnt the guy with the completely tan M4 full stock), when really we were on opposite sides of the field at the time.

Archived