Videos Thread !

Tef

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't like the music as much though (The shots are truly amazing compared to the last one)

Fair enough, music is always subjective. It's current Muse "Yes Please", originally I was cutting to Crystal Method "Broken Glass" but every time I showed the video to my friends they busted out the imaginary glow sticks (i.e it was too techno for 'em) so I rethought my musical choice.

Anyways, glad you guys like it.

Crisis Down-Town ... to be continued ... ?

http://www.teamodd.com/folders/movies/downtown.avi

The movie is 14MB, video encoded with Xvid 1.1.2 (997Kbps) and sound with mp3 48kHz 2ch (128Kbps).

Are you serious? That was freakin amazing! Wish it were longer though! Keep up the good work.

EDIT: BTW Bamse, I was just wondering where you guys shot the video? I saw cars passing by on the road, and what looked like some people at a cafe (in the last scene). Must've scared some people :D:P

Also, any date for the next vid?

thanks for all yer kind comments! :D

No date for the next vid. im afraid, it'll get here when it gets here :)

regarding the shooting; it was a movie shoot we did mostly for our own sake but organized by a small movie company. We just got there and everything was set. (hence, all proper permits was arranged, police notified etc etc)

The video was shot right in the middle of Stockholm, 100m från "Sergelstorg" which is dead-centre. Awsome experience :D

Adding some photos from the shoot; http://www.teamodd.com/gallery/other/Films/down_town/

Best performance I can manage out of your vid is a slow frame rate using media player classic. I converted it to avi (mpeg4) via ffmpeg though, and it performs much better. Same resolution, size is 27.5MB, video is like the older divx quality and audio is pretty low quality. Smooth frame rate and no crashes though. Might be a better option for those not on super computers like yours. :)

Still AMD Duron 1.8Ghz, 512Mb RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64Mb, Win98SE and QT6.52.

I guess that's the reason.  :)

You NEED QT7 to play the file, H.264 is a feature of QT7. That's your problem right there.

As for codecs, I'm still going to use H.264, if people want to convert it to divx, that's fine, but quality wise I'll still use H.264. I'm on a dual 2.3ghz G5, so I'm not rocking a super computer or anything.

Oh my god. That's sick.

Did you just take pictures or is it gonna be in of your videos as well?

That's a screencapture FROM the video.

P.S new video should be up by tuesday if I feel motivated enough. lol. Edit is done, needs some other bits and color correction.

Archived