Hitman Silverballer Build - I think this is try number #3....

bankz5152

Hey guys,

If you've been on this forum for a few years im sure you've seen I've posted this thread a couple times before... And failed/run out of cash.

However this time I actually made sure I was at least half way before I posted. Guess what I am more than half way!! Finally...

As a base gun I started off with a TM Nightwarrior I then purchased the Guarder Springfield Custom FBI Bureau silver metal kit, as it was the closest to the Silverballer design - However the observant amongst you will notice the Baller is actually a 1911 not an MEU though I prefered the MEU beaver tail. Though I have modified it to fit a 1911 hammer which simply looks exellent.

I then took to the kit with a varying degree of fine grit wet & dry paper, eventually finishing off with 3000 grain. For a beautiful near mirror finish. Though the controls have been done in a two-tone black & chrome finish just to break up the all chrome look.

Then the most notable peices where added Pachmyr American Legend grips.

Finally since I have access to a laser engraver at Uni I will be engraving a large Hitman symbol onto the left side of the slide, then two smaller Hitman symbols on to each side of the lower frame closest to the front, just where it says 'CAL .45'. Also I wanted to add 'AGENT 47' just infront of where it says 'FBI 33' just for that added touch, since no high res images of the Baller exists I thought it would be a nice touch!

Sticking with the Nightwarrior sights for the moment as I think the sight window on them is fantastic, but will change to the correct rear sight shortly. As for the trigger, im getting a two hole trigger and fileing out the center to create the Hardballer trigger.

Now Internals -

Nineball Hop Rubber

RA Tech 6.01mm TB

WE Piston Head - Found it is actually better than the PDI..

LPE Mag Shims

Action 170% Recoil spring - Im told this will eventually ruin my plastic outer barrel so may upgrade to a new metal one shortly.

Finally since I have access to the laser engraver I was thinking of etching the Hitman symbol into each mag but wasnt sure if it would be too much or not....

Photographs will follow shortly when I get my lens back!

Rather excited personally since the MEU itself is fantastic I never knew how amazing MEU/1911s where! Mine nails .28gs within an 2" grouping at 60 feet. Currently doing a solid 315fps with .25gs.

So im very happy.

Cheers,

Josh.

Your in luck! Got my lens back today.

Please note this isnt the final finish, ones the Hitman trades are fully engraved (to the same depth as the standard trades) ill go over the whole kit with some 3000 girt wet & dry for a nicer finish :D

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Hopefully you can see where I am going to put the Hitman trades. Aswell as adding a one hole chrome trigger.

Just got back from uni. Found out the laser engraver they have is not powerful enough to do Aluminium, so my tutor suggested using the CNC machine with a very fine router but thats booked up for 6 weeks minimum.

Looks like Im going to have to find an engraver...

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if you already know all of this - but I figure if anyone else doesn't they can read up... There are high-resolution images of 47's Ballers in their various incarnations - the problem is that IOI keep changing the guns! If I remember correctly, the original AMT Hardballer (Hitman: Codename 47) was silver with black wraparound grips, a two-hole trigger and a simple .45 hammer. Slide markings were stylised 'IOI' in the style of AMT's logo. By Silent Assassin the guns are now called 'Silverballers' but look identical. It's not until Contracts that the guns get the Pachmayrs, and the slide/frame markings are completely different. An American built a real-steel replica of the Contracts guns (like yours), pinning it down to single-stack stainless steel 1911 frame with 5" slide. He sourced some decent images of the slide markings;

19207714kq6.jpg

He also got engraving markings done correctly in Illustrator. The right-hand side of the right-hand gun (yes, there are left- and right-hand guns in the game) reads only 'STAINLESS - MADE IN USA' whereas the left-hand side of the same gun reads 'CUSTOM SLIDE AUTOMATIC, EL MONTE, C.A. CALIBER .45'. With luck, the new hi-res marketing material for Hitman: Absolution should make it easier to determine the font etc; try here for very hi-res images of both sides of the gun (go to 'Wallpapers').

Unfortunately for you, to get the slide markings done properly you'd have to do what he did - i.e. grinding the current markings off before laser etching the stainless steel slide and frame. (If you were going to produce an actual replica like that, you'd need to wait for Inokatsu's full-stainless steel 1911.)

Did you find an engraver?

Cheers for the info dude. I know most of that anyhow, images i did need! Thanks for the RS build too.

I did find an engraver but they never got back to me with any coherent sense. Going to ask my local jewler if he can do it for me.

Im going to draw them up on illustrator aswell just finding the time to do so!

• 8 months later...

Bit of a necro however new progress in the build! After completing Absolution I decided I want to make at least a 90% close replica.

New Parts List -

Guard 1911 Blank Slide & Frame Metal Kit - With Rear Sight Slot

AG 1911 Silver Beaver Tail

Element Extended Slide Stop - Will be polished up to a nice shinny silver

Pro Handgun Adjustable Rear Sight

MEU Tactical/Extended Thumb Saftey - Polished up to silver

PDI 1911 Suppressor Adaptor

LPE Carbon Fibre Suppressor

This new parts list should turn it from an MEU/1911 Hyrbrid into a full 1911 with the Silverballer extras. The suppressor will also be laser etched on the side with 'EL MONTE. CA. *HITMAN SYMBOL' CALIBER .45 for some added nice ness.

Found a chap locally you does weapon engraving and is happy to my slide. So soon as it arrives it will be engraved.

Work in progress on the slide trades, drawn up in Adobe InDesign.

SilverBallerSlideDesign.jpg

SilverballerSlideRightSide.jpg

Everything needs to be the correct scale and size, so it can all be done. :D

Also working on 47's tie clip for fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice... I need to sell some stuff before I can afford to finish up the controls/extra bits, plus upgrades, plus a suppressor. Kind of on the fence if I want to try and make a functional suppressor... I don't think I'll get prosecuted for it or anything, just not sure if it's worth the effort.

Airsoft suppressors dont really do much at all. Considering most of the noise comes from the slide.

Im going for one of the LPE Carbon Fibre ones, when I can afford it that is...

Soon as the slide and frame arrive going to polish it all up nice and shinny take it down to my guy see about the engraving :D

Did you use mainly 5KU/Guarder for the controls and bits? I have the frame, MEU, grips, some of the upgrades, and trigger down, but all my controls and such are still black, which will simply not do.

The cheapest silver ambi safety I've found is Guarder's, which is $27. You pointed out the Element slide stop to me (thanks!), which is accurate and cheap for only $12 (nice!). The cheapest silver grip safety I've found (I'm also using beavertail because I also like the feel) is Guarder at $28, and the cheapest spring housing I've found is Guarder at $24. The mag release can be had from Guarder for $12 which isn't bad, and the hammer and barrel bushing I've found for $14 and $10 respectively from 5KU. 

Does that sound like everything? I'd hate to end up with a few black pieces left on it because of simple oversight. I know that I need to get some silver sights but more than likely I'll probably just remove the paint off the standard MEU ones.

Sights are black! Not silver!

Beaver tail I got was from Airsoft Global, but beware a 1911 beaver tail will not fit an MEU frame.

Check on Airsoft Global they dont their own range which are pretty good quality, its also not an ambi safety but a single safety, im using the standard MEU one with one side off and sanded down.

If the parts are black then sand em down!

How about your outer barrel/chamber?

the hammer and barrel bushing I've found for $14 and $10 respectively from 5KU. 

I wouldn't buy a 5KU 1911 hammer under any circumstances; I picked up one for a build some time ago, and I've never seen a worse piece of Airsoft manufacturing. The hole for the strut pin was FULL of steel moulding flash, as well as being drilled in the wrong place. It was completely unfinished; Like it had just been pulled out of the mold and chucked in a box. I'd really recommend avoiding 5KU 1911 parts.

Archived