Hitman Silverballer Build - I think this is try number #3....

bankz5152

Haha, alright. I might stay away from 5KU, then...

bankz, I used a Night Warrior for my base so it came with a silver barrel and chamber... yes, they're plastic, but they're going to stay that way for now at least. I might go ahead and sand some parts, though I feel like they won't look the same as actual anodized parts from Nova/Guarder. I might use paint stripper or something and then add actual stainless controls and time goes on.  

As far as I know the Guarder frame is a 1911A1 frame - at least, that's what it says. Wouldn't that imply that 1911A1 parts would fit? I'm a little confused as to how that works.

All your internals will go in fine. But you will need a 1911 beaver tail and 1911 hammer

If you use some high grit wet and dry go up to about 2500 then polish with auto polish then it will be shinny as hell.

Good on your barrel. Did you think about doing a full length recoil rod? Its not canon to the pistol but i think it gives a much much smoother action in the long run :)

Ahhh im so excited!!  Kriss comes soon, Silverballer is close again.. :P

No problem. Was looking for ages for the slide/frame, wanted something blank that I could engrave. 

Engraving isn't done yet... I sent it to some guys in Massachusetts and they said they couldn't do it once they got it and looked it over. I was talking to Thermodynamics/Scatterplot and they said they could possibly do engraving so I might check that out.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156322

Those guys also do engraving. Might be worth checking out.

Sorry for the double post: remembered a few things I meant to ask.

Where could I find the grip safety that's on the actual Silverballer? I figure if I'm going through all this trouble, it might as well be perfect.

Also, the front sight is silver - http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920120753303820884/77B6159A1BEAD5D3CA9DE1CD750FAB4649EAA9AA/ - do you know where I can get one of those?

One last thing - and it's a newbie question that I'm ashamed of. What's the name of the part underneath the barrel bushing? On my Night Warrior it's black, which just won't do.

Thanks again!

Recoil rod I think.

See thats the same issue I came up with the first time around. Since the pistol is actually fictional but based off a Springfeild 1911 you cant actually change the front sight. Im just settling for the 1911 standard one.

Grip saftey try Airsoft Globals one, looks good $10 and comes very shinny :D

• 9 months later...

Updated, its got a 95% correct slide and frame - not engravrd yet - correct grips, saftey and beaver tail.

Still missing -

Extended slide stop - been out of stock for 6 months

Adustable hicapa style rear sight

Engraving

Ive drawn all the engravig up in InDesign just need to get it done. I spoke to one chap who does shotguns but he cant do it deep enough...

Ideally it needs to be CNC done. Which is why I got a quote from Airsofer Engraver, though he has mixed reviews at best. The quote came back at £50 inc shipping and a test peice. Thats all of it, both sides of the slide inc the logo and the smaller details on the frame.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you want an engraver, I've got one who's happy to work on guns and has a CNC engraving machine that does both diamond-dragging (shallow engraving) and motorised (deep) engraving. He's literally a five minute walk from my house, although that's the other side of London from you, or a fifteen-minute walk from Highgate Tube station. You could take it to him, watch him do it, and leave with it if you took a morning or afternoon off; I think he works weekends occasionally too.

Not really - I'm still looking for someone to draw me up my Colt logos in the relevant format so I can have him engrave them; my lower receiver only arrived last week and it's being test-assembled first. I don't think it will be much more than Keith wants, though. You could try giving him a ring - if you can send him Illustrator-compatible files (vector formats, I think) he should be able to quote you over the phone.

• 5 months later...

Cheers nate. Haha. Still on going.... Got so many things to buy/maintain this has taken a side seat.

Got a new quote for all the engraving for £35 so better.

Got the slide controls too.

Might see if i can get someone to mill out the front sight so I can fit after market ones.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

• 4 weeks later...

Dam why did you go for the full length isn't that considered a downgrade by most 1911 shooters in the rs world? What benefits does it offer in as?

I am working slooowly on a custom 1911 build and have the opportunity to tweak parts so any discussion of parts choices is helpful and interesting.

• 1 month later...

Archived