VSR help - size of opening in cylinder and question about zero trigger

Lightbulb

Hi all trying to fit an Action Army trigger to my Bar-10. I believe its a clone of the Laylax Zero Trigger.

It would appear however that the spring guide stopper is just a fraction over 6mm wide.

1) Does anyone know what size a standard vsr cylinder opening is and/or how wide a standard spring guide stopper is?

2) I have never heard of this problem in all I have read about VSR's. Anyone else? Does it sound like the stopper is wider than normaL

3) Does a laylax zero trigger use a spring guide stopper without a hole for the spring guide to sit on? A little hemispherical hole at top as seen here (standard non-zero trigger version). I am worried about the spring guide moving to the side if there is no hole which can cause slam firing.

2z3w2ep.jpg

Done a little more digging. Would appear its a common issue - with JG's any way.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=9273

Review:

Product Information:

I have this in my fully built BAR-10. I wasn't sure really what to expect since i had never shot a "Zero Trigger" sniper before. The box it comes with is really nice so it gave e hope it would be pretty good. Installation was tedious and it is not the same size or shape as the stock trigger assembly. You must disassemble the rear hex screws to put the back screw in, and then reassemble the trigger assembly onto a small square piece you screwed in. The large pin that holds the spring guide and the piston catch fit tightly into place and i had some issues with cocking the bolt while the large pin was fully pushed in but after a while it broke in and works fine now.OVERALL- I would recommend this over the laylax because the trigger pull is pretty nice and the laylax one is twice as much. The trigger pull is under an inch towards you and is lighter than any aeg ive shot but its nothing groundbreaking. better than stock and seems really sturdy so far. The piston is also very nice and smooth. I had to break off the front part of my trigger guard for it o fit and sand down the inside sides of it for it to work

Pros:

Cool box with asian writing on the back (always a good sign)

Trigger assembly and piston are both top notch

Light trigger pull

Half the price of the Laylax Zero Trigger

Cons:

Modification to trigger guard required

Main Pin was a [pain] to break in for it to work properly

At least he got his to work anyway.

Well in case anyone finds this in the future I filed down the spring guide stopper.

The critical part is the rear of the cylinder there is a slot that the stopper fits into. The actual slot that runs most of the length of the cylinder is not as critical.

It now cocks and fires. Put a mag through it and so far so good. Didn't test it outside yet. Using an m160 spring.

Will report back once tested outdoors.

Archived