Hi! Female loadout suggestions?

NGao

Hey everyone :)

I've been airsofting since August of 2011 and have been borrowing gear since then. I have no gear of my own whatsoever ):

I do have one gun though; a classic army pro-line P90 which I am ver happy with so far.

Anyways, I would like to get some gear suggestions from you. Uniform, headgear, EVERYTHING.

I'm very petite. Just about 5 feet, and weigh 95 pounds.

I'd like to get some input on what you guys think would look good on my kind of frame. Thanks!

As convincing as those Arms magazine models might look, rarely do they actually skirmish with what they're wearing, if at all. However there's one model I know of who actually does play airsoft, is a JDSF reservist and has a blog about airsoft and whatnot; names Itsuya. You'll need Google translate though, but a lot of what she writes does make sense and is pretty useful:

http://miridoru.militaryblog.jp/

A lot of it's the usual fan service like posing in a multicam bikini, but you also get the frequent equipment reviews along with convention/event write-ups. Since she makes a living from the way she looks, she has to be careful not to get any bruising which is near inevitable when playing the sport. Not being sexist but I imagine you might want to think about that too being a girl whereas most guys don't with low drag high speed loadouts. For games she covers up head to toe: Full face and ear protection, neck scarf, upper and lower BDU, a load bearing vest (more tactical than protection), full finger gloves, high cut boots.

I agree with renegade, those rigs may look good in the pics but looking good and working well are two very different things.

I'd suggest going with the low profile plate carriers such as the Jump Plate Carrier (in the first picture) or a Fast Attack Plate Carrier the smaller size should fit more snugly while sill offering a good amount of coverage. Although depending on your chesticles you may find traditional webbing/belt kit or a chest rig to be more comfortable.

The main problem I can see is with the P90 mags, They are just bloody awkward to carry. You can get pouches for them but because they are so long they take up most of the room on the front of a vest.

Thanks for all the help! Very much appreciated!

And yeah, the p90 mags are incredibly awkward to carry around on the chest rig that I'm using currently... Especially since I'm a short one.

I'm thinking I'll purchase a dropleg to start storing mags in.

Any more input is welcome! I'm looking into each of your suggestions to piece together a loadout that I like.

Has our intrepid sex pest finally met his match?

Will he ever escape the dungeon of the small seaside-town dominatrix?

Tune in next time for the continuing adventures of Firey Knifington!

Yes, I am bored.

I don't think the belt is a good spot for the mags, they're so tall, they will cut into your flexibility a lot.

+1

People are saying dont place them on the front of your vest as they will take up room..... erm isn't that what the vest is for, to carry kit, so also long as it does carry it and allows her to move whats the issue?

If the mags are too long to be drawn comfortably from upright pouches then turn them upside down maybe.

OP how many mags/what other kit do you want/need to carry?

I don't think the belt is a good spot for the mags, they're so tall, they will cut into your flexibility a lot.

Thats why you have them on the side. They don't affect flexibility at all if you mount them right.

I have mine all mounted between the 9 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions.

Archived