Hi! Female loadout suggestions?

NGao

I've seen people use the m4 mag adaptor with ,and without the reservoir using mids depending on your preference. If your going with the original mags in drop legs, which I would agree is probably your best option. You could maybe canter the pouches at a rearward angle .So when you drawing them from standing, sqatting, laying, ect you should get an easy draw.

Here a pic of mine I set at an up turned angle.

03012012661.jpg

And heres my gf 2nd bottom left ,and my mates gf center.

401194_10150527104768029_512118028_8855254_1405946040_n.jpg

both of them use basic viper vests, my gf's one is a childs one taken in which I sprayed tigerstripe-ish.

UMP user here, i suffer with the same size mags as P90.

On the horizontal mounting, i use a british dpm jacket that has two mid jacket horizontal zipped pockets, they hold UMP mags quite nicely, or i just run a light weight belt order and have them on the hip.

The horizontal method is better, but the hip pouchs are cheaper than trying to work up a custom carrier. I like to run as light as i can and never got on with plate carrier vertical mounting, i am 6' 1" tall and found it a pain to get mags out with out chining myself because i couldn't see what i was doing because i had a full face paintball mask on.

Trial and error is the way forward.

Thats why you have them on the side. They don't affect flexibility at all if you mount them right.

I have mine all mounted between the 9 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions.

I can't see how that wouldn't cut into your side when leaning, though? Unless the pouch protruded out the bottom a lot.

I can't see how that wouldn't cut into your side when leaning, though? Unless the pouch protruded out the bottom a lot.

Well obviously. You wouldn't have it mounted with the belt aligned with the bottom of the mag pouch, or it'd be a nightmare to stow your mags again when the top of the pouch is all empty and limp.

Top of the pouch at the top of the belt, bottom of the pouch off the bottom of the belt. It's really not a problem.

I run a UMP, and I use a cheap (£5!) chest rig I picked up in Hong Kong which has 4 double AK mag pouches on the front. Each pouch takes 2x ump mags, or 2x P90 mags at a squeeze. Might be worth looking at - though I am very tall and without breasts, which might be the issue for the OP.

Here's a picture of the rig in question: They come in loads of different colours and patterns.

4919758543_14d11ebd02_o.jpg

4919775239_f135abcab5_o.jpg

After some quick measurement of P90 pouches v my wife (5ft, slim build)

I think your best bet is to mount them horizontally across the small of your back like paintballers do with paint pods.

That way you can reach them with your support/weak hand even when prone.

Most molle pouches can be mounted horizontally on a belt with cunning use of zip ties....

Cheap loadout too.

Jim

I have thought about this quite a bit too and searched around various airsoft forums and I think the most common thing is to either use a drop-leg pouch or simply use 300 round hi-caps to minimize the amount of magazines you have to carry.

The Secret Service appears to be using some BHI or Eagle vest. There is a toy replica of a Secret Service member that uses the BHI EOD.

Here are some pictures I found and saved while looking around for a P90 loadout inspiration, the last picture is what I personally intend to get, when the time comes. :) I'm quite tall so using a CIRAS with P90 magpouches might not be viable for someone much shorter.

UMPchestrig_0826_1010980.jpg

Veste_4.jpg

R0013265_705194.jpg

3_secret_service_ert_with_p90.jpg

dbf63f61023e887f046010471a63cb3b_image_435x695.jpg

100_0799.jpg

p90samlingsbildxxx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to consider if mounting the mags in the front of a PC/Vest/Chest Rig is too awkward, would be to do what those crazy-colorful paintballers do with their awkwardly long tubes. Mount the pouches on your back and inverted.

I have run a P90 once and awhile and have used the thigh rig before, but find that it is rather restricting compared to other thigh rigs (m4, pistol, dump pouch). I wouldn't recommend mounting more then two mags on each leg.

The team that I play with now has a female, while she is tall, she does have a slim frame, and finding gear that works for her is a challenge.

Another one you could do is what I used to do for my AK rig - I ran a TT MAV copy with AK pouches, set up to be quite low - so the pouches were essentially just above my belt, like so:

edit1.jpg

You could do something similar with P90 pouches. I am quite tall, however, so shorter people may find this a little uncomfortable.

I believe that she mention that she was around 5 foot in height which I think produces the problem of mounting the 1 foot long magazines in the front. I general, I try to avoid mounting anything past the top of my sternum, as reaching for them can be difficult. Also have a magazine that tall (past the top of the sternum) in front can be rather restricting in movement.

Another option along the lines of the bandolier, is a gearslinger, or as you might call it, "A Tactical Purse"

http://www.lapolicegear.com/maxpedtion-versipack-mongo.html

Magazines would go in at an angle, but should be able to fit a few.

Its just another option out there, not meant to be great or otherwise. The situation here is that it is smaller person with large magazines, which makes it hard to really give a solid answer on this. This was just meant to be toss out another idea, granted you might want to mod an additional strap on it horizontally to prevent it from flopping around too much.

Haha, it's always weird browsing through a thread and finding someone else posting your pictures. That's my chest rig in your first pic, HJA1512. :)

Anyway, I recommend it for the most part - certainly better than the other options I tried, as I hate having anything attached to my legs. One other option is to attach mag pouches upside down on your back. I used to do this with just two mags... it's relatively easy to draw, although not particularly fast. Ultimately using that with hydration started to seem too bulky for me, but it does work.

Hehe ok, I found it some months ago but can't remember where. :) It looks really good I think, except for the fact I am looking for a more bulky option, hence the CIRAS plans. Was your chestrig expensive and is it still for sale somewhere?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived