Two Problems: Writing and Editing with Formatting, Edit Time Limit

I am using Windows 7 and Chrome.

First issue: I've noticed that when I am typing with formatting (i.e., bold, italics, etc.) and in a situation where I have text with different formatting (i.e, some bold text, some normal text, etc.), when I press "Backspace" or "Enter", the cursor will first move to the position immediately after the last space and then perform the operation. This is somewhat annoying when typing lengthy posts that require formatting (i.e., a For Sale thread).

Second issue: If at all possible, can we remove the time limit for editing a post? I know this may be a performance issue, but can we at least extend it? In the context of For Sale threads, it would be ideal to keep the original post updated as items are sold or become available again. Obviously this is impossible if I can't edit the OP. For instance, can we get an edit period on the order of months for For Sale threads, as opposed to hours?

In regards to the first thing, it seems to be happening to me as well with W7 and chrome.

In regards to the second thing, that has been brought up multiple times and if you look in the site suggestions forums you can find a bunch of answers to it. Basically it will never happen because the ability to abuse it far outweighs the good.

I can't remember off the top of my head what I set the edit time to, but it should be a reasonable limit. I can extend it or change it slightly if that suits. As crackisbadmentioned it's there for a reason to prevent abuse. What we suggest is that if anyone has an issue with a post or what's an addition/change they use the report button and tell us. We can then check the thread, make sure there's no abuse going on and change the post/topic if needed. We can also add an "edit by" line that shows how and why it was done as this is a feature of the software.

Ignore the above bold/italics I was testing. I can't get the same issue to pop up in FF and W7. I'l download an dinstall Chrome shortly and give it a go. I'll confirm it and send the debug log over so that any possible bugs can be fixed in the next version.

Edited by Arnie
checking reported bug