Quick VSR Upgrade

Morgann0

So I have a rifle that I'd like to sneak in a quick upgrade before a game coming up on the 3rd. It's got a few things in it already, but I was hoping to do something quick and somewhat cheap (no zero triggers ha). I know my way around the parts, but im not so sure which ones are better/worse So here is what I already have

HFC USR-11 - I don't know if this is a good clone or not, but it's been compatible so far

Deep Fire Reinforced Sear Assembly - Any good? Will it last?

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/DeepFire_VSR_10_Trigger_Sear_p/77734.htm

Laylax 6.03mm inner barrel (430mm)

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft_Laylax_VSR_10_6_03mm_Inner_Barrel_430mm_p/58451.htm

Laylax Hig Pressure Piston (Red Version)

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Laylax_VSR_10_High_Pressure_Piston_s_silent_shaft_p/58463.htm

And what I believe to be a 150 spring. Shoot 410 w/.25s dunno about .20s seems slow to me, do I need a new spring?

All else is stock

What else can I do? Teflon cylinder is not happening right now. A new cylinder head? I hear some don't thread well with others? What about a nineball hopup? I've heard good things. Barrel Spacers? How do those work? Would any of these make a difference?

Can I handle a 170sp? The bolt pull is already pretty stiff. I can hit targets at realistic max of 200ft anything after that would be lucky. Not necessarily looking for more range, I know that comes with more FPS, accuracy would help too. I shoot .25s I should probably get something heavier eh? Whats all this about Teflon tape I've heard? I welcome all advice, sorry for so many questions

I just bought one of these:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9273

I had to file down the spring guide stopper but it only took about 20 minutes. Only a fraction of a mm to take off. Used it at a game on Sunday and worked flawlessly (just need to fiddle with the hop but that's unrelated). This was fitting into a JG Bar 10.

For me sears are ok but I decided to go all the way. Took a risk on it, and was really annoyed when it didn't fit but its a simple enough fix.

Add a steel spring guide, M150 spring, hard hop rubber, and the 6.03 barrel (which is what I have) and you should be at about 500fps.

FYI I have a M150 spring and I used silicone sealant to bond my hop rubber onto the barrel and I am at about 500fps with 0.2 (its a G Spec and the silencer is fitted as well so with a full length VSR could be even higher). I also wrapped teflon tape around the outside of the hop rubber before closing up the hop unit.

The bolt pull is easy, I can do it whilst griping the front of the gun - I don't need the stock to my shoulder - and I am not a strong guy. Your fps does sound a bit low. Have you checked for air leaks? The idea is to remove air leaks to keep the bolt pull as light as possible (ie not need a 170 spring).

One thing that I have found it that if you over tighten the rear bolt that holds the mechanism into the stock is will scrape along the bottom of the cylinder - making the bolt pull feel VERY heavy.

----

Laylax cylinder heads do not fit Bar 10's (mine didn't anyway and its a common issue).

Teflon cylinder I honestly cannot see the reason for. I just put some silicone grease mixed with silicone oil to thin it and its smooth to cock. The zero trigger helps apparently but I'm not sure I buy it.

BB's - get some 0.4's. I found that 0.28's would pull to the left when I applied the hop but 0.4's will fly a lot straighter. I can dig out an article for you but basically if you can apply enough hop to get it to fly straight (or even slightly over hop) the heavier the better because they experience less wind resistance.

I could go on and on. I have read a lot or stuff about vsr's and have been rebuilding the broken one I had for a couple of month now.

Barrel spacers.... They remove vibration from the barrel when the pistol hits the front of the cylinder - the idea being to make it more consistent.

Not the highest on the list but every little helps (I didn't get them yet). You can wrap paper around the barrel to get the same effect. SOme people also say to fill the stock for the same reason.

Personally I am going to get it as accurate as I can without doing those two things then try doing them to see if it really makes any difference.

Hop rubbers (buckings). I use Fire Fly hard which is regarded by some to be the best. 9 Ball (laylax) are also regarded the best by some.

Archived