Server Error after 8pm Pacific Standard Time

Still a little slow for me, and after about 8pm US Eastern Time the site takes about 3 minutes to load the index page. I'm running Google Chrome 17 on OSX10.6.

As a note it looks as though my local forum (http://www.reddog20.com/virginiaairsoft/ipb/index.php?) is running the same forum software and is just as slow as this site is, I'm going to try updating a few things and see if it improves.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to be a bit on and off over the last few days, in the last five minutes I've been having problems with opening pages and them not loading. However if I refresh the page it will appear.

Edited by Samm
  • 3 weeks later...

Keep getting weird hangs at different times of day, had one about half an hour ago and one at 9.30 this morning.

During this time a page simply won't load, it simply stays on "Loading page..." and doesn't even time out!

It's not a big one, more a lesson in patience but I presume it's not meant to be happening.

EDIT: Just had another one, Firefox crashed this time on the hang (first time that's happened), now I'm starting to suspect that I may be having client side issues too but only on this site.

Possible incompatability with my browser and the forum software?

Edited by Samm

I've been gradually cleaning older / defunct areas of the forums that weren't used / of any relevance or consequence to most members for the past month to try and reduce the demands on the server. If problems persist it might be necessary to remove a lot of the nonposting / stuck in validating limbo accounts.

I have booked an upgrade of the forum software as well to the latest version. This includes the latest performance updates and the new speed improvements which will archive off older posts into a different database. There should be no difference when it comes ot usability but it should improve speed no end apparently. This is the 3.3.2 update. I hope they'll let me book it for tomorrow or Monday.