Tokyo Marui's XDM-40 4.5": first impressions

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so due to NonEx's inspiration, I ended up with a Nova slide for my TM XDM too...      I love the fibre optics that come with it.... (Thx to NonEx for helping me realise you need to melt the o

My detonator slide seems to have broken in. Racking the slide is smooth as butter. The chamber still continues to produce wear but does not impede with the overall function. I myself am waiting for th

Shooters design have been a bit hit & miss lately. Their PX4 slides were bad. Nova and Prime in general are the top in terms of quality, fitting and finish but even they have some bad runs (the pr

Posted Images

Yeah right.

I originally tried to get it onto my WE XDM, that didn't work and I didn't pursue it further.

Bought a TM XDM and put it on there. Drop in fit except for the outer barrel (which funnily enough worked on the WE, but with other issues).

So that's where it's at now.

WE XDM is stock.

TM XDM has NOVA slide and sights but stock plastic barrel.

• 2 months later...

Shooters Design, Nova, Detonator, Airsoft Surgeon and Creation all make aftermarket metal slides. So much choice! Looking at getting one of these (the pistol itself), wouldn't know which to get. Doesn't seem to be much wrong with the cheaper ones.

Edited by Krydel

I originally tried to get it onto my WE XDM, that didn't work and I didn't pursue it further.

Bought a TM XDM and put it on there. Drop in fit except for the outer barrel (which funnily enough worked on the WE, but with other issues).

WE XDM is stock.

TM XDM has NOVA slide and sights but stock plastic barrel.

Same here for me TM XDM has NOVA slide and sights but stock plastic barrel but I really don't mind it... 

Shooters Design XDM kits for the MARUI xdm are drop in fit. Don't think the marui plastic barrel is going to last long in that Nova slide, better think of a way to make the nova barrel fit or get a third party replacement. Its the same for the nova kits for the 1911s amazing frame and slide but the outer barrel supplied is poor.

• Like 1

Shooters Design XDM kits for the MARUI xdm are drop in fit. Don't think the marui plastic barrel is going to last long in that Nova slide, better think of a way to make the nova barrel fit or get a third party replacement. Its the same for the nova kits for the 1911s amazing frame and slide but the outer barrel supplied is poor.

Excellent, best get saving for a SD kit then!

Anyone got pics of their xdm with a metal black slide on? Can't decide whether i like the silvery ones or not / if the black aftermarket slides change the look at all from the plastic one.

Excellent, best get saving for a SD kit then!

Anyone got pics of their xdm with a metal black slide on? Can't decide whether i like the silvery ones or not / if the black aftermarket slides change the look at all from the plastic one.

There should be a few shots of my black-metal slide here somewhere, try this link below :

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/gallery/album/2018-tm-xdm-w-detonator-slidebarrel-storm-lake/

And here is another shot of a silver-slided version in 3.8 size with full-grip :

IMG_1378cs_zps966d58df.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Guys, today I tried running standard xdm using green. The blowback was insane. The front sight fell of and suddenly theres a rattle noise from the gun. I opened it and found this piece of plastic. But theres nothing in the manual having the same shape as that. Anybody know which part this is suppose to be?

post-72930-0-89034300-1378397944_thumb.jpg

If the front sight has not broken, when you put the front sight on/into the slide, two small parts at the base of it stick through into the slide.

Looking at the inside of the slide (upside down), that piece slides along and secures the front sight.

The piece needs to be flat against the inside of the top of the slide.

I forget whether it slides on from the back of the gun or the front.  I'm guessing the back.  Press the piece firmly against the "roof" of the slide and slide it firmly between the two "legs" on the bottom of the front sight that are projecting into the inside of the slide.

P.S. You're right. TM seem to have omitted it from the exploded diagram.

Edited by mimesis
  • 5 months later...

If you want to be safe and follow TMs directions then all their stock plastic guns are to be used with 134a only.

It may very well work with Green Gas, but don't be suprised if the slide cracks or breaks.

If you want to be safe get a metal slide for it and run Green Gas.

If I recall the XDM models is one of the new ones with a larger chamber for more bang with 134a, and so I think the consesus was that it handles GG worse than older smaller muzzle volume pistols from TM.

I think most people will just tell you to run GG either way and not care :P

Dont use GG for stock xdm. I used mine and somehow the slide stucked and cant be moved, something came out of it and I dont know what it is. Will post the pic later, thought someone might know what it is.

I've been using GG (well, propane, so actually worse) for my stock XDM with no issues whatsoever, even during that heatwave we had last summer. The only thing that goes on GG is the nozzle which you can replace with an airsoft surgeon one for about £15. The newer TM pistols have a bigger BBU so there is a bit more stress on everything. So, whilst there is something to be said for exercising caution, the slides are also reinforced significantly more than the older models, so it balances out somewhere along the lines. Should the plastic slide break, there is a plethora of after-market slides which will do the job, and whilst efficiency will take a hit with a metal slide, I can't see it ever not being able to get a whole magazine off.

Blam360 *is* in HK though so he will probably run into issues sooner than I will, but if you want to use GG on it, just buy a new nozzle in preparation for when it inevitably mushes itself and be prepared to get a metal slide if absolutely necessary.

I'd be interested to see what 'stucked' your slide though. Let us not be fooled that plastic slides are invincible though, you can just get bad luck. The XDM is one of the more solid pistols for using on green gas, not like the 5-7 which is amazing until it inexplicably decides to give up.

Edited by Krydel