The King Arms M4A1, at a first glance, is really good. Its £200 price tag seems to get you good value for money and you shouldn't be disappointed. The only plastic parts are the fore grip, stock and pistol grip. Unfortunately, there is some wobble in the stock, but not enough for it to be a huge problem. As with most M4s, the stock is telescopic.

Criticisms:

• This may be because I received a faulty gun, but there were a few feeding problems with the magazine. The magazine fit isn't very snug and there is considerable wobble. While skirmishing, it has fallen out several times. I'd recommend buying spare M4 mags, as the one that comes with the gun isn't good at all.
  • Unsurprisingly, the battery is located within the fore grip. To access it, you pull back the delta ring and pull out the fore grip. For some reason, the delta ring is incredibly stiff, and after fitting the battery in, I was ready to hit something because I was so frustrated. However, this problem is solved over time, and so, despite my annoyances, the fore grip now comes out without much hassle.

This gun is a very decent AEG. It fires at 350 fps and (with an 8.4v battery) fires at 800rpm. This means that you can certainly pose a threat to airsofters who spend more on their guns. The hop-up is okay, but it's difficult to get it to fire straight. I'd recommend getting a scope or a red-dot as the iron sights are poor in terms of accuracy (they are adjustable, but while skirmishing, they're simply too impractical to use while skirmishing).

Having used this gun for a 3 months, something happened within the gearbox and broke. To this day, I don't know what happened, but luckily it was still under its warranty and it was repaired pretty quickly. I know that not every gun will be the same as mine, but it's a thought to consider.

Out of 10, I'd give the King Arms M4 a 7.8. It's of a good standard - it doesn't shine in any way, but nor does it disappoint.

Edited by Zeddersk

Hi, I do not want to offend you, but to you really want to call this a review? With thw wobble from the mag in the mag well, may be you can put some polster tape in the mag in the right place to prevent it, I did this with my Classic Army M15, and it works well. All the other AEGs that i have and are compatible to M4 mags (Star FNC, Aimtop M4) have a right tight fit and with a real tight fit you will get other problems...

And I think the KA M4A1 has the same iron sights as all the other M4A1 airsoft guns out there isn't it? I think for airsoft they should do their job, may be you will need a little practice and try to zero in your sights first.

Lance

• 2 weeks later...