• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, here's my first ever review on Arnies and hopefully I'll be able to write down enough material for you guys to evaluate the HK3P Glock in it's stock form   Anyway, I got the gun at ACMGear, who

WE threaded barrel adaptors should work.  After all, the HK3P guns are just WE guns with trades.   The night sites should be compatible as well, since it's a copy of the TM.  Hope that helps.

I can't be 100% sure but the WE adapter should work for all of their pistols that have internally threaded outer barrels.  I don't know why the adapter you posted is specific for 1911 only....but give

I don't like to clutter up threads with repeated pics, so link to my Glock pics here :P

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/134123-glock-picture-thread/page__st__2100&do=findComment&comment=2546093

Btw, the AIP BBU o-rings don't work well with the airsoft surgeon nozzle. It seems that the nozzle don't have a consistent diameter so for those planning to get the AS Nozzle you might want to rethink it :P It works with the AS piston head though (which is included with the nozzle), but it's somewhat a tight fit on the nozzle itself. I'll think of a way to DIY the BBU to get the AS Nozzle to work (the idea's in my head already) but I don't want to post how to do it yet in case it doesn't work :P As for the pics of the roughed up slide, my friend didn't leave his Glock for me to take pics, so I guess it'll be another time :P

In my understanding fitting the Prime slide on a TM original required filing down the underside of the BBU to get it to work. The slide is damn tight on the TM rails. For fitting the slide to the HK3P itself, I really wouldn't know, sorry. But in a realism point of view, Fiddlesticks told me that (when I brought him to Ehobby to look at the HK3P Glock) the frame's plastic is closer to the real steel Glock plastic than the TM original. Therefore assuming the Prime slide is very close to how the real steel looks and assuming the Prime slide fits the HK3P frame rails with no extensive filing or dremelling I'd say it's a good candidate (the HK3P).

I haven't fitted a new slide to my Glock yet, I'm waiting to be paid for my part time work in Uni so there's a much of cash hold up at the moment (that and my AEG upgrades are more of a priority :P). Noveske reported that the HK3P's BBU is slightly bigger than the TM original so you may have to file down the sides of the BBU when you fit the HK3P BBU to the Prime frame.

Upgrading the HK3P with TM aftermarket parts are def. okay as I've managed to fit my GunsMod trigger (same with Noveske) and there was a youtube review of the WE Glock where the uploader wrote that he managed to fit the AIP steel hammer parts too. Other stuff like barrels and buckings fit perfectly (I run a Modify bucking and TK Twist) and any other upgrades would probably fit the HK3P with no mods or very minimal mods.

Noveske also reported on Arnies that the trigger on the HK3P's actually 'crisper' than the TM original....all in all if you plan to use the HK3P gun for upgrading I don't see it being a difficult thing to do as the dimensions of the TM and the HK3P are really almost exactly the same in my experience. Along with the above comparisons between the TM and the HK3P I see no reason for you to stick with the TM anyway if you're planning to upgrade everything inside the gun in the end. You'll end up saving significant moolah as well starting with the HK3P base :P (No need to get Guarder frame for trades, material on HK3P feels more realistic, etc.).

Thanks for the informative response. A bit bummed out on the prime being a tight fit but I may try it out still. Does The HK3P Gen 4 has removable back straps?

I think I will commit to the HK3P

Yeah, Gen4 have removable backstraps. Lol with the Prime slide it's gonna be tight no matter what, so it shouldn't be a deciding factor for either the TM or the HK3P.

Wait, doesn't the HK3P have a metal slide? Why do you want a different one?

I'm going to be using an HK3P G17 in a rather expensive holster-warming kit.

HK3P G17

Shooter's Design +2 Mag Baseplate (FDE)

Streamlight TLR-1

Safariland 6280 with UBL and UBL Pad

Reference:

6.jpg

Also, I believe he has an enhanced magwell attachment. Does anyone know where I can find one?

-Ex

uscmCorps hit the dot on that one. If in fact the WE guns are the same exact ones as the HK3P ones the metal feels odd. It is hard to explain, it is almost like a brittle feeling. To me similar if you touch and compare KWA RIS systems to that of maybe a madbull or a VFC RIS system. They have an odd texture them. To top that off they are also wider when i held the WE G17. Nothing like my PGC on my G18c.

If I can replace the slide with a nice aftermarket one it would be grand as the polymer frame felt amazing on the WE G17. My hands slip all over my Marui frame. I just may pick up some talon grips for it.

Yeah, I could opt for other ones maybe a PGC slide? I have one on my G18c at the moment. What do you suggest?

Sorry, I can't recommend anything given that I've never had another upgraded Glock before. But knowing PGC and Prime stuff in terms of their quality for the 1911 kits I'd say go for it. Otherwise try ProG4:

http://www.prog4.com/db/product-show.asp?refno=AR1544

They are rumoured to be OEM for Airsoft Surgeon's stuff plus they seem to operate or get their goods from the same factories that make Prime kits too from the looks of their hicapa slides. Most people who shopped from ProG4 have nothing but good to say about their stuff. So there's another option.

They've got Caspian slides for Glocks too if that's your thing. The one I linked above is for the normal G17 slide.

uscmCorps hit the dot on that one. If in fact the WE guns are the same exact ones as the HK3P ones the metal feels odd. It is hard to explain, it is almost like a brittle feeling. To me similar if you touch and compare KWA RIS systems to that of maybe a madbull or a VFC RIS system. They have an odd texture them. To top that off they are also wider when i held the WE G17. Nothing like my PGC on my G18c.

If I can replace the slide with a nice aftermarket one it would be grand as the polymer frame felt amazing on the WE G17. My hands slip all over my Marui frame. I just may pick up some talon grips for it.

The HK3P slide is wider than the WE one!? Well that's news to me, as I thought they were the same bar the trades! :P Mind taking a photo for documentation as well if you get the chance? :)

I agree with your assessment of the slide too, everything about this gun feels 'brittle' but they, I've got a friend who's rough used his slide quite a bit and it's holding up fine other than the anodization coming off since he scratched it up a lot. As 'brittle' as the whole gun feels I've got a gut feeling if you drop it on the floor a couple of times it should hold up. The HK3P Glock is really more a cost v performance thing along with some nice trademarks more than something you take out to admire like a racegun :D

As for the slides I THINK the PGC and Prime ones are G17 spec, not G21. Hence it being slimmer.

No no. The WE G17 that I held in my hands, the slide felt wider, thicker and chunkier. It did not feel like my PGC slide on my Marui G18c. With that said I want to replace it when I get it if the two are the same. The feel just doesn't feel great haha. I want something along the lines of my PGC slide but I know Prime makes some top notch stuff but I will look into the ProG4 slides. I also have heard it is OEM by airsoft surgeon but QC by him and then sold off to customers. If I can get my hands on the WE G17 and the HK3P I will be sure to take pictures of the slides.

If the slides are different sizes, what does this say about transferring internals (BBU, etc.) from WE/HK to aftermarket (such as PGC or Prime) which are closely modelled on TM originals? Is it just the external measurements? Or?

BTW, I think you'll find all the Prog4 slides are O/S. Captain KK is focussing on 2011s these days. Also, I think it's the other way round, with Prog4 as the OEM for AS (=Clarence Lai).

Prime and guarder (if I recall correctly, prime is for sure) are RS sized, thus you have to file the lower part of the BBU (at least in the case of a marui) in order for the slide to cycle well.

I don't know about the PGC one, but the SD one is a drop in for the marui.

@mimesis Yeah I meant to say OEM prog4 and QC by Lai. If the slides are thicker than on aftermarket versions this could be they used the same exact measurements for the stock TM slide and transfered it over to a metal type slide. This is why getting molded holsters for the Marui Glock series are a pain. I had to buy a Glock 20/21 for my holster because of the width of the slide and it still rubs against the holster as it produces holster and draw marks on the slide.

I think i will be grabbing the PGC slide for this project.

No no. The WE G17 that I held in my hands, the slide felt wider, thicker and chunkier. It did not feel like my PGC slide on my Marui G18c. With that said I want to replace it when I get it if the two are the same. The feel just doesn't feel great haha. I want something along the lines of my PGC slide but I know Prime makes some top notch stuff but I will look into the ProG4 slides. I also have heard it is OEM by airsoft surgeon but QC by him and then sold off to customers. If I can get my hands on the WE G17 and the HK3P I will be sure to take pictures of the slides.

Ah right :P From my understanding the slide dimensions of the WE and HK3P should be the same as the stock TM slide, so it's gonna be slightly bigger than the RS 9mm size :)

If the slides are different sizes, what does this say about transferring internals (BBU, etc.) from WE/HK to aftermarket (such as PGC or Prime) which are closely modelled on TM originals? Is it just the external measurements? Or?

BTW, I think you'll find all the Prog4 slides are O/S. Captain KK is focussing on 2011s these days. Also, I think it's the other way round, with Prog4 as the OEM for AS (=Clarence Lai).

Oops, I didn't notice the slides at ProG4 were out, sorry :(

I would think whatever mods you'll need to do for a stock TM to fit the PGC and Prime stuff it's the same for the WE and HK3P...I hate to say this but Chinese ACM manufacturers aren't known for their R&D :P So I suspect the HK3P/WE Glocks have the same dimensions, give or take a few x10^-1 mm for the dimensions when compared to the original TM.

Prime and guarder (if I recall correctly, prime is for sure) are RS sized, thus you have to file the lower part of the BBU (at least in the case of a marui) in order for the slide to cycle well.

I don't know about the PGC one, but the SD one is a drop in for the marui.

Hm, so I guess this is a common issue with the BBU filing amonst the RS 9mm sized slides, thanks for the info :)

As for the roughed up slide of the HK3P, my friend kindly sent pics of his slide for me to post in this review. Here's how the stock slide looks after being roughed up and scratched:

image.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Similar wear on top of the slide IIRC but he didn't take a picture of it....nonetheless this shows that the slide is indeed anodized (I think? Chemically treated would be the term I prefer as I'm not too sure whether it is truly 'anodized') and not painted.

• 1 month later...

I got the Gen3 version today and I must say I am really disappointed with it. I got it because my TM G17 has some strange issues randomly and I can't trust it 100%.

HK G17 is just dull. The hop up is very poor compared to Marui's and the slide doesn't lock back when the mag is out of BBs. Even if it is full of gas!

Also you have to push down the slide when you rack it, to make sure that it activates the trigger!

If anyone has any suggestions how to solve the slide not locking back I am all ears.

I shot around 6 mags through it.

Only +1 for HK is that it fits my Crye Gunclip better than the Marui.

That must've been a lemon, I usually don't hear much bad about it.

The trigger reset sounds like a trigger bar problem, you should be able to get a guarder one http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-steel-trigger-lever-for-marui-glock-17-26.html (also check if the piece is bent or broken) if not, it might be the springs in the hammer mech being to stiff).

The slide lock thing...maybe the spring that pushes it down is too stiff or it's a magazine problem, you should check with other magazines.

I got the Gen3 version today and I must say I am really disappointed with it. I got it because my TM G17 has some strange issues randomly and I can't trust it 100%.

HK G17 is just dull. The hop up is very poor compared to Marui's and the slide doesn't lock back when the mag is out of BBs. Even if it is full of gas!

Also you have to push down the slide when you rack it, to make sure that it activates the trigger!

If anyone has any suggestions how to solve the slide not locking back I am all ears.

I shot around 6 mags through it.

Only +1 for HK is that it fits my Crye Gunclip better than the Marui.

Well for the price you probably paid you can't really compare the hop up to the stock TM....

That said; if the slide doesnt lock back, are you talking about when you're shooting it or it happens when you just pull the slide back on an empty mag? If the former only then I think it's because the air seal between the nozzle and the piston head isn't that good. This seems to occur with a lot of WE pistols, the newer HK3P factory ones included. To fix that; I suggest getting a piston head for the gun that uses an o-ring (as opposed to the cup seal the HK3P copied from TM) and if the aftermarket piston head's o-ring doesn't seal either at least that gives you the opportunity to replace the o-ring with a bigger one.

If the latter then the mag springs are probably weak...I don't see how that's possible though, given that the springs come REALLY strong out of the box. If that's the issue let us know.

For the trigger issue I think you def. got a lemon. None of my friends with the HK3P Glock (3 of them) reported issues with the trigger. Noveske got a gen4 and before he replaced his with a GunsModify one he didn't report issues either, and my short time with the stock trigger was flawless too. Can you please upload some pics in regards to the hammer assembly and the slide rails? The possibility here is either the hammer's worn down for some reason, making it impossible to catch on the sear without pressing the slide down (which presses the hammer down more) when you rack it; or the slide rails have issues such that the rails were cast/milled too large and thus making the slide 'loose' vertically on the frame, so it doesn't have sufficient pressure to push the hammer back and get the sear to catch it once it cycles.

If it's not the slide issue (and I really hope it's not) then you can replace the whole hammer mech with the AIP steel parts. That should fix your problem with the hammer assembly if the issue's in there; along with the AIP parts being more durable in the long run.

Anyway, see if you can diagnose what the issue is first and I'll try to help you out further. You got yours new right? I'm surprised the first lemon report for the HK3P that I've read about (I haven't seen anyone else with a lemon) have so many issues....

EDIT: You also might as well let us know what's wrong with the TM and see if we can diagnose and fix it at the same time.

Edited by intinerious

The trigger issue. if it's not hammer related (which I hope not, would be even more trouble) should be one of two things:

1- The trigger bar part that has to be depressed for the trigger to reset is bent/too short.

2- The BBU is off-specc and doesn't sit low enough to actuate the trigger bar.

Or a combination of the two.

What makes me think that it's that and not a hammer mech issue is the fact that it works if you push the slide down (reducing the distance between slide and frame or BBU and trigger bar) and that it works during normal shooting (which wouldn't if it was hammer mech related).

Thanks guys for your replies. The gun is brand new bought off rsov.com

Slide not locking back: This happens when the mag is out of BBs and should lock back. The problem seems to be the stock recoil spring. I replaced it with a action 150% and works fine for now. The HK one wouldn't lock back even with a mag full of gas.

Trigger issue.

The trigger works fine when it cycles automatically. Put you have to push the slide down when do it manually. This also applies to fields strip.

I guess the problem is either with the BBU or the trigger bar.

Here are some videos I took, sorry for my Engrish:

Close ups

Field strip

Working

Not working

Thanks guys for your replies. The gun is brand new bought off rsov.com

Slide not locking back: This happens when the mag is out of BBs and should lock back. The problem seems to be the stock recoil spring. I replaced it with a action 150% and works fine for now. The HK one wouldn't lock back even with a mag full of gas.

Trigger issue.

The trigger works fine when it cycles automatically. Put you have to push the slide down when do it manually. This also applies to fields strip.

I guess the problem is either with the BBU or the trigger bar.

Hmm. I agree with kenxin on his analysis. In fact, if kenxin can help you out further that'll be great :P I'm real busy with stuff other than airsoft at the moment so I won't be able to help you properly diagnose the issues without my own gun in my hands.

However, when you replaced the recoil spring to get the gun to lock back well; I assume that the Action 150% is actually weaker than the stock HK3P? That would make sense if your stock gun can't lock back its slide if the spring's too stiff. I might be wrong but if you can clarify for others (and myself) that'll be great :)

That indeed is the case. The stock spring is a bit stronger than the action 150%. The Action one is a little bit longer though.

My TM G17 locks back fine with the HK3P spring.

Thanks for the info :)

Your TM being able to lock back with the HK3P spring (and lets assume you used a TM mag, not the WE/HK3P one) will indicate that there's an air seal issue, and if you used the HK3P mag there might be an issue with the mag valve being smaller than the TM one too.