G&G Xtreme 45

XtremeC02pistolBlack.jpg

First Impressions:

When I first opened the box, I noticed that the gun was not packed in styrofoam. It was packed into a cardboard cutout, which sort of dissappointed me. However, when I picked up the gun I felt like a beast with it in my hands. The sheer weight of it felt good. The entire gun is metal with the exception of the orange tip and a thin plastic plate on the pistol grip to make it easier to hold. Another thing I noticed was the huge 'Xtreme 45' on the side of the gun, which didn't appeal to me, but the heft of the gun makes up for it.

How to use the gun the best way:

The gun chronos in at an average 380-420 fps. The first two shots are around 900 fps and then it immediatly drops to 460fps. The magazine is all metal, holds 16 bbs, and is powered by co2, making it very loud. Due to the high fps, I imagined that .28g bbs would be better than the provided .20g bbs. I was wrong. There are other reports of the same thing happening. The little packet of .20g bbs that came with the gun are more accurate than high grade .28g precision bbs. I have yet to try .25g bbs, and being a sniper I don't own .20g bbs, so I fired the gun with .36g bbs and it worked perfectly. With .36g bbs it was able to fire accuratly at about 50 feet.

The gun is loud, so if you are trying to be quiet and need a silent sidearm, get a different gun. The first 10 shots of this pistol literally sound like a .22, so this is not a good undercover gun. However, the sheer sound of it firing is intimidating making it a great gun for suppressing fire.

Other Information:

The gun is 1/2GBB. Which means the slide blows back, but not to cycle a new bb into the chamber. The slide blows back an inch to reset the firing hammer. Since the bbs don't cycle, the barrel is a bit longer, and a hop-up can be adjusted by pulling the slide back and locking it.

The orange tip can also be removed with pliers.

One co2 cartidge can fire 5-6 magazines of 16 bbs

Pros:

-Full metal

-Hop-up

-GBB = cool

-Can fire heavy weight bbs

-Orange tip can be removed

-Intimidating

Cons:

-Loud

-Not 100%GBB (BBs don't cycle)

-Overpowered

Conclusion:

Overall, I think the G&G Xtreme 45 is a pretty good sidearm. It is a bit powerful, but that allows heavier bbs to come into the picture making it more accurate. The heavy weight feels great and I find it a very reliable sidearm in close quarters.

• 2 weeks later...
The first two shots are around 900 fps

7.5J...typo? I had one of these from a mystery box; with .20s and a fresh powerlet I did see shots around 520.

The hopup was extremely inconsistent (along with the wild FPS fluctuation it was far from accurate) and half of the mags leaked.

A well-detailed review. Tried skirmishing it?

Though to be honest, if someone showed up with one of those and used it as a transition weapon inside MEDs, I would probably floor them for being so irresponsible.

Whats MEDs? The only reason why I bought it was because it was the cheapes GBB I could find WITH A HOP UP.

7.5J...typo? I had one of these from a mystery box; with .20s and a fresh powerlet I did see shots around 520.

The hopup was extremely inconsistent (along with the wild FPS fluctuation it was far from accurate) and half of the mags leaked.

No, allot of videos do show the first two shots as 900fps, but after that it drops down to about 470 and then keeps lowering. I never had problems with leaky mags or bad hop up or even innaccuracy. I used .28g bbs so that solved that probably helped the accuracy bit. As for the hop up and leaky mags:

Leaky Mags: just spray 100% silicone oil in the mag where the co2 goes in, should solve this

Hop-up: It honestly took about 40 shots for me to find my hop up hotspot, but after the long wait, its worth it. Just adjust it little by little and you should find the perfect spot.

900 Fps!! No ways this can be used for skirmishing!

A lot of protection goggles just wouldn't withstand that kind of power...especially in CQB situations, when it's usually the time to whip out one's "lighter" side-gun.

What's the usual limit in the Uk?

900 Fps!! No ways this can be used for skirmishing!

A lot of protection goggles just wouldn't withstand that kind of power...especially in CQB situations, when it's usually the time to whip out one's "lighter" side-gun.

What's the usual limit in the Uk?

its nowhere near 900 fps. If it was, it shouldn't have ever been made. After the fps steadies out its more between 380-400 fps