VFC MP5 A3 Package - Valuation Needed

bankz5152

Hey guys,

I would like to know how much my VFC MP5 would be worth as its current package.

VFC MP5 A3 - $459.00 - About 3000 rounds through some very minor scratches on one side.

Includes many RS Parts

x5 Magazines - $174.00 - Cases are RS

G&P MP5 Flashlight Handguard - $40.00

Ultrafire CREE 6P Flashlight - $30.00

Tokyo Marui MP5 Claw Mount - $38.00

King Arms Red Dot Site - $48.00

Azimuth A3 Lower - $75.00

Internals -

x2 Bolt Carriers - $30.00 - One modified with Lumi-Weld to stop ware and increase reliablility

Azimuth Polycarbonate Nozzle - $19.00

Azimuth Polycarbonate Bolt Stops - $5.00

RA-Tech NPAS - $15.00

Guarder Black Hop Rubber - $4.00

Total of $937.00/£591.40 Brand new

I would guess about £500.00. Agree or disagree?

Thanks.

Josh.

On this forum, even if it's "box fresh" new, all my RIF's (AEG's) sell for 40-50% of their value.

GBBR's operate on a different model as they're rare on the market second hand.

Also, with something like this, if someone want's it, they'll have it, if no one want's it, the price will just fall to a level to bait bargain hunters.

There's also the fact the Mp5 isn't getting fantastic reviews on this forum at the moment - From what I've read in the thread it seems to have a few finicky problems and people are still getting used to how the system works and how to maintain it and bring it up to decent skirmish standards, so you're aiming for quite a specific market of people willing to work on the gun as opposed to casual buyers.

I'd say your best bet is likely to be selling the accessories first, followed by the gun. The mags are all fitted with bolt stops and R/S shells, so that's going to save anyone having to strip the mags down. £30 a mag would be a reasonable price, maybe all 5 for £130. You can then sell off the external accessories for maybe another £40 for the flashlight handguard, £40 for the sight and mount, and £40 for the A3 lower, assuming you've still got the stock lower. That'll probably net you around £200. You can then sell of the Mp5, pre-tuned, with spare parts included for maybe another £2-250, which should bring you close to the target price.

Realistically, you're looking at recouping maybe £4-450 if all goes as planned - You may have more luck on the ZeroIn forums or elsewhere. As Bladerunner says, even guns that are as good as new rarely fetch more than 60% of what you paid.

Archived