Woah Marui must not like them mid caps!

Tripod

These have been out for a bit. Basically, they're just an alternative for Midcaps in Japan. G&P Midcaps are made in Taiwan or Hong Kong and have to be imported to Japan. Thus, they actually cost more than the TM magazines there. This is just for TM to give us a hi capacity magazine and a standard for the 20 round M16 mags.

• 2 weeks later...

to be blunt, midcaps for the m16 series feed horribly full stop- I had four for my m16 and not one could take a full charge of bbs, or empty a mag without jamming somewhere along the line. Not a fan of them at all.

I think its largely due to the spring pressure and the build quality- the spring is too strong for the rubbish plastic interior, which leads to the plastic getting warped at key points, or it did with mine anyway.

mp5 midcaps are, on the other hand, excellent with a bit of wearing in, and look externally MUCH nicer than the TM or CA mags.

When/if I get any more armalites, I'll be using hi and locaps only- at least these work reliably out of the box and don't need breaking in- breaking being the operative word here!

I have 8 G&P AK magazines and all I needed to do was spray lube in and let it sit over night. They are feeding fine for me now. I also only load about 80-100 rounds in them each, so maybe that helps? When they don't feed it will usually dry fire once and shoot 4 or 5.

Better to ask this question in another bit of the forums, like the Newbie section.

4 types of mags exist for AEG

Lo-cap, about 30-60 rds, realistic loads

Mid-caps, about 100-180 rds

Hi-caps, anything from 200-600rds. Uses clockwork to push the bbs from a reservoir in the chamber.

Box and C mags, LOADS, use the same mech as a hicap but a larger reservoir.

Lo and midcaps use a spring to push the bbs up. Loaded by pushing spring down.

I have 8 G&P AK magazines and all I needed to do was spray lube in and let it sit over night.  They are feeding fine for me now.  I also only load about 80-100 rounds in them each, so maybe that helps?  When they don't feed it will usually dry fire once and shoot 4 or 5.

hm only had mine for a month but no problems so far...

I've got half a dozen MP5 mid-caps that all developed feed problems after one or two skirmishes. They now all need to be lubed before a game, a couple them still jam up part way through the day.

I also have some 450rd M16 hi-caps that are very unreliable. I can't see anything untoward when I open them up, are the internal gears not as well made as the TM hi-caps?

TWK.

I've got half a dozen MP5 mid-caps that all developed feed problems after one or two skirmishes. They now all need to be lubed before a game, a couple them still jam up part way through the day.

I also have some 450rd M16 hi-caps that are very unreliable. I can't see anything untoward when I open them up, are the internal gears not as well made as the TM hi-caps?

TWK.

ICS or G&G 450 rounder?

My G&G one is the best feeding M16 mag I got. Seriously, and I have STAR 30's, G&P mid caps, TM Standards, CA Standards (Yes, go a head and laugh, they were cheap.), TM High caps, a CA high cap (Again, laugh. But it was free.)

Archived