WE Glock 18C

• 2 months later...

Lack of comments in this section makes me sad!

Got mine yesterday and it failed to empty a mag of auto so i decided today to give it another go, this was the result

ere are some pictures

Hop fully off

XGV0y.jpg

Hop fully on

zCJzp.jpg

Fully stripped

W9xmw.jpg

Lower frame and insides

XsnVR.jpg

Ware on the slide after 4 mags

rJp9n.jpg

Trade mark pictures

CkwRv.jpg

e0xkZ.jpg

All in all for £57 shipped from ACMgear i am very very impressed with what i got, Cant wait to use this in a game now!

Shall be doing a side by side comparison with a TM G18 at some point

• Like 1

Side by side comparison thanks to AssassinJohn

WE bottom TM top, TM has the better trade marks.

j1LLF.jpg

WE top TM bottom

W4rA9.jpg

WE left TM right

r1xov.jpg

TM left WE right

The WE loading nozzle is slightly different to the TM. The spring is alot larger then then TM as you can see

4SVVH.jpg

TM left WE right, The WE has no indication on which way is hop unlike the TM

cWTC1.jpg

TM left WE right. The lowers are pretty much identical apart from the roller baring that WE have put on to help the slide run smoother where as the TM just has some odd shaped metal

SIkzz.jpg

Edited by gijohn2
  • 2 weeks later...

Would it? I do not know, I don't own a WE g18...should it? definitely not.

The chamber appears to have a lot of wear (not seen on the pics I've posted but on the thread), if the chamber tolerances were that much off it is possible I guess

Just been examining my glock thinking how that is possible and i can only think of one thing, Is that the person had a silencer on the end and when the guy was shooting the silencer would get stuck on the guide rod yanking the outer barrel forward again which would cause stress on that point shown

Edited by gijohn2

Apparently (and according to google translation , so this might be off a *little* bit..) it's a common occurance among WE glocks (including the 17): http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arms-cool.net%2Fforum%2Fthread-118560-1-1.html

o7DEM.jpg

4th post: This is not news

14th post: You LAG few months ago off two

Again, take this with a grain of salt or a hundred, google translation and 0 first hand experience from me.

Apparently (and according to google translation , so this might be off a *little* bit..) it's a common occurance among WE glocks (including the 17): http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arms-cool.net%2Fforum%2Fthread-118560-1-1.html

Hm. Well this is weird. The guys that got the HK3P G17 with me (4 incl. me) have no reported problems with the barrel yet. My friend who's racked and used his gun to *suitcase* in stock form still has his barrel intact.

I agree with gijohn2 on the way in which the barrel could've snapped off the chamber. Regardless of the damage, the WE Glocks are cheap and they working despite the seemingly bad casting they did with the barrel, and with the plethora of aftermarket parts at least you can get a replacement barrel easily (not to say that it's justified that the barrel breaks, of course!).

Just for reference and to back my idea up, I dont have a adaptor so i i have just put a silencer against the outer barrel for show, with the type of silencer in the picture you can see it will clear the spring guide but will still cause stress on the outer barrel because of the extra weight BUT if you was to use a silencer which sits flish with the barrel then you will start hitting the spring guide and the frame which could yank the outer barrel forward causing stress in that area.

jPeco.jpg

• Like 1

The barrel looks cleanly snapped off, like it was hit with something.

As you have pointed out a supressor would increase the stress and probably make the outer barrel contact the slide on the lower part of the barrel (part of normal wear you could already see in your picture).

If a supressor was there, we would see a lot of wear on both the barrel and the slide on that point.

In this pic you can see that there is no prominent wear on the slide at that point:

CIMG6345.JPG

Besides, with the px4 at least, the material of the barrel tends to bend and deform a little before falling off, this one looks cleanly snapped with no deformation at all (from the increased weight).

I'm not sure what has caused this but I don't think it's supressor related.

Not the best metal + Prolonged exposure to extreme cold due to full auto (hey, it's fun to dry fire), combined with either a silencer adding stress or maybe a test of how long before full auto drains the mag = Broken metal? But then, for £57 and what, £30 for a new outer barrel?

Failing to see a problem with the WE G18C assuming the rest holds up fine, even if that barrel break was a stock feature... Unless of course that's indicative of the quality of the slide and the like, but even then, like Intinerious said, loads of people seem to be running the G17 in large numbers for a fair while just fine? If that turns out to be the only issue and the rest holds up fine, £90 is pretty sweet for a metal G18 with a TM design :P

Not the best metal + Prolonged exposure to extreme cold due to full auto (hey, it's fun to dry fire), combined with either a silencer adding stress or maybe a test of how long before full auto drains the mag = Broken metal? But then, for £57 and what, £30 for a new outer barrel?

Failing to see a problem with the WE G18C assuming the rest holds up fine, even if that barrel break was a stock feature... Unless of course that's indicative of the quality of the slide and the like, but even then, like Intinerious said, loads of people seem to be running the G17 in large numbers for a fair while just fine? If that turns out to be the only issue and the rest holds up fine, £90 is pretty sweet for a metal G18 with a TM design :P

You should also note that even dry firing it full auto the outer barrel shouldn't be cold anyway since the outer's not part of the inner barrel where the gas travels through..and there's always a layer of air for insulation between both barrels. :P

I'm putting it down to the slide cut being too aggressive near the chamber, so that excessive force is applied to the chamber when it's being pulled back and lowered as the slide cycles. So basically it's the full auto that breaks the barrel from the additional stresses imparted during full auto cycle. :)

Ahhh I meant more like liquid gas escaping around the usual exits at the slide rails/BBU when you put it through a prolonged burst... Either way, I don't see the outer barrel issue as a dealbreaker at all, maybe a minor inconvenience at worst.

Ah I get what you mean too :P Though whether it significantly changes the temperature of the outer barrel...I'm skeptical XD

Yup, like you said, broken barrel isn't too much of an issue if there's tons of aftermarket parts already and the gun alone is cheap and everything else is functional XD I mean, I'd still be slighly ###### but it's not a deal breaker :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...