A different tactical thompson idea

Horsem4n

yeah, im not going to sit there and hack away at it with a file. i decided to ditch that stock and cut an M16 stock to fit the back of the reciever. its much more secure and comfortable. looks kinda odd now, but i plan to continue shaping everything straight and add some features to cover the ugly spots.

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

there are a couple more pics if you want to follow the links back to my photobucket account.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, im still working here. it may look short, but the LoP is adjusted to my prefered length. its equivalent to an m4 stock at position 2. besides, with armor it will be pushed out more.

i couldnt get the ebr stock to a good length for me and wire stocks wont look good to me on this.

besides, i have gobbs of battery space to work with ;p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't remember mkaing the rude post up there, but I suppose I did. Sorry about that.

I wouldn't approve doing this to many classic guns, like the M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, M2 Grease Gun, Mp40, etc, etc.

However my brother runs a Thompson. I've handled it and played with it a few times, and I'm a big, 6'2, broad shoulders, everyone asks why I don't play football.

The feel of the Thompson is HUGE. I hate the thing because of the big stock and gigantic grip. And, if I like your end result here I may pick up one and do it so we can run the same mags. This really awesome so far!

• 10 months later...

wow, i had set this project aside a lot longer than i thought i did. i could not thread my barrel as the barrel doesnt fit inside of a lathe. so i put this project on the back burner for a long time. 

but i recently found this:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_734&products_id=41849

and was able to buy one. so here is a few more pictures:

IMG_20130711_233434_958_zps1244d49b.jpg

IMG_20130711_233510_959_zpsd170ec39.jpg

IMG_20130712_240926_065_zps085932bd.jpg

IMG_20130712_240823_506_zpsd9a3a92d.jpg

IMG_20130712_241026_468_zps3641b7ea.jpg

IMG_20130712_241111_014_zps122023da.jpg

first couple are of the barrel with no rail system. took the opportunity to take a pick of the machine screws holding the rails to the upper if i hadn't already.

the next 4 are 1: the original barrel end 2: a muzzle break 3: small carbon fiber suppressor 4: MB tracer unit

its a sigh of relief finally being able to get a threaded barrel on it. all thats left to do is stabilize the stock by finding the 2nd screw, wrapping the stock in paracord to finish it and painting the rail system and grip black.

then im selling it.

oh, and excuse the bags, im packing for vacation.

• 5 months later...

ok, i actually got around to finding a replacement rear screw for the stock and then doing a paracord wrap job. looks much better now me thinks now that the hack job done to the stock is all covered up.

just got to paint the CASV and grip black now. unfortunately, i dont have the $5 needed to get a rattle can...

maybe ill get some money for christmas.

IMG_20131221_031036_764_zpsrim84efr.jpg

I dont know guys. im not sure i want to paint it anymore. im thinking now that i actually just want to get a real wood grip and leave the tan part, tan. i bought primer, black and clear just after Christmas, but i have had some accessories on it for a few days and its really growing on me. im starting to want it to look a bit hodge podge, look like it was a late conversion rater than as a professional factory piece.

i dont know, ill get a few pics of me holding it in full gear to help decide, but for now, here's a pic with a couple attachments,

IMG_20131230_034646_478_zps8zolk9a2.jpg

wow, i didn't think the flash would be that bad, but my room is a bit dark. it should be sunny tomorrow though.

im considering keeping it again. but if anyone throws me an offer around 250 to 300 bucks, its yours with the upgrades i have for it. i would price it cheaper, being a $190 rifle that i slightly downgraded to 350 FPS. but it is a real CASV, i paid a decent amount for it and there is countless hours of work in it. but then again, ill rethink the pricing once im sure i want to sell it.

ok, so i caved and painted it. last few days i have stayed in bed passed sundown and its been snowing, so i just havnt gone outside.

the paint is only a day dry and i still have to clear coat it, but heres the sauce:

IMG_20140103_202030_978_zpspxk9ubbk.jpg

and here is my basement troll friend being a bro and holding the subgun for me for extra meat

IMG_20140103_201612_939_zps7zbpqt3b.jpg

ill make the pasta sometime sunday or monday if there is enough light outside.

Great and unique idea! I hope I'will see tacticool railed STEN once too...

Only thing I don't like is the stock... :( MP5 or G3 or more modded' M14 EBR collapsible stock... or custom collapsible wire stock with erconomical "end"...

Great and unique idea! I hope I'will see tacticool railed STEN once too...

Only thing I don't like is the stock... :( MP5 or G3 or more modded' M14 EBR collapsible stock... or custom collapsible wire stock with erconomical "end"...

^^ this.

Both the Sten idea and the stock.

Archived