Durable first sniper.

K I 7V G Z

Tons of pictures and technical information in the pinned/sticky part of this subforum.

A sniper rifle for CQB and long range is an odd mix, most would just use a pistol at CQB and the longer rifle for longer shots across the playing zone.

What FPS are you looking at running ? a full power boltie would be no use in CQB anyway as most sites have a MED in place when you go over 350fps. A power level would be helpfull, a stock TM VSR comes in around 300fps so golden for any use, some have cut down the stocks for URBAN sites and just go pistol only inside, smaller lighter, faster rate of fire and when set up right good out to 40meters (depending on skill of user)

Trying to go CQB with a boltie will be hard work, even if the site is semi only indoors you will be very outgunned by anyone who has some pistol skills.

A well set up AEG would perhaps be a better choice and cheaper, unless you have the skill to chop down the outer/inner barrel and stock of a full size rifle.

If as you say this will be your first sniper rifle, maybe try and borrow or rent one first, see how you get on, they take a lot of work and set up to be accurate at ranges beyond AEGs, oh and not cheap :)

Just to clarify some things.

CQB = indoors, room to room close quarter battle, point blank to short range contact.

URBAN = built up areas, play will involve some CQB as you move through buildings, but also open ground between buildings and longer overall range in play.

WOODLAND = out in the woods, open space, sniping haven, where you can pick targets from your MED out to the limts of your rifles setup.

MED = Minimum engagement distance, varies from site to site, where i am mine would be 35meters over 350fps, capping another player under 35m with a 500fps rifle would see me banned for life from the site, some sites are strict (which is good) some aren't ask your local site for more information. Also a sidearm must be carried for use under 35m and indoors.

To be honest a long barrel AEG and a shot barrel AEG will shoot a similar distance. The longer ranged AEG's will tend to be longer though. The longer the gun the less good it will be for CQB. Its a balance.

---

If you want an accurate long ranged AEG then the tm m14 socom springs to mind.

I would never put a high magnification scope on a AEG for CQB, you won't be able to aim at close ranges. Maybe a low magnification ACOG or something like that. Or just a red dot.

Archived