I want to know what frame it has.

Kj original? PGC? Prime?

According to the agent, it's Inokatsu's own. (The markings on it - particularly the serial numbering - also denote it as being custom-made for Inokatsu.) I don't know who would have OEM'd it for them, but the quality says PRIME or PGC. If you can surmise which of those companies has the better relationship with Cybergun, Inokatsu's owner, you can probably work out which one.

And, for a tip, if you use plastic or aluminium outer barrel with it, it will work better.

Yep. If I'd bought an all-plastic Marui, it would work much better, but that's not really what I was after. After having some screws tightened today she shoots like a dream. Well, a very noisy dream in which I am kicked repeatedly in the wrist. Paired with my new M4A1 (absolutely brutal gun) the P226 is just perfect.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. If I'd bought an all-plastic Marui, it would work much better, but that's not really what I was after. After having some screws tightened today she shoots like a dream. Well, a very noisy dream in which I am kicked repeatedly in the wrist. Paired with my new M4A1 (absolutely brutal gun) the P226 is just perfect.

No, i didn't mean that. I'm fan of steel pistols. I'm trying get VIP code for this.

If you replace you steel 226's outer barrel to lighter aluminium or plastic made one, steel slide would move faster.

I'm using RAtech custom steel KWA MK23 with plastic outer barrel and it works MUCH better than it was with steel barrel.

Lighter outer barrel makes slide to loses less energy for moving barrel backward(short recoil).

so cycling becomes smoother and faster.

This was what i meant to.

Edited by volante

Oh, I get you. To be honest, I'm pretty happy with the performance as it is, but now I REALLY want the Mk.23... I think getting VIP status is a waste of time; the company is in lockdown at the moment (as far as I understand) with Cybergun stepping in after poor user reviews of the production 1911A1s. The people you want to speak to are Cybergun themselves; PM me if you want the e-mail address of the lady who contacted me trying to sell me another P226.

No, i didn't mean that. I'm fan of steel pistols. I'm trying get VIP code for this.

If you replace you steel 226's outer barrel to lighter aluminium or plastic made one, steel slide would move faster.

I'm using RAtech custom steel KWA MK23 with plastic outer barrel and it works MUCH better than it was with steel barrel.

Lighter outer barrel makes slide to loses less energy for moving barrel backward(short recoil).

so cycling becomes smoother and faster.

This was what i meant to.

Yes it definitely helps if you can find a well-matching aluminium barrel (or even ABS) for steel slides running on gas.

I was lucky I had a few barrels lying around, and matched up a Detonator aluminium with RA Tech USP steel slide,

And PGC barrel for RA Tech Glock steel slide.

I might have a PGC aluminium barrel for a Sig P226 somewhere if your interested in trying it ?

Cheers.

I have another good reason for not taking you up on your kind offer, Squad 701;

gallery_77463_1993_41126.jpg

That's far from the end of it.

1. I still haven't received the night sights (hopefully on their way from America, need to finalise all that).
  2. I haven't paid/finalised the all-steel custom threaded outer barrel being machined out of the VFC to fit the Trinity, which is (unlike the f***ing supplied suppressor) correctly marked '9MM' rather than '.45'.
  3. I haven't got a holster.
  4. I haven't got the TLR-2 I want either.

This has been a rather expensive project...

Hi PureSilver,

Quick delete that post, there are lots of Airsofters having horrible flashbacks, realising how much they too have also spent ;-)

Don't you understand we are all trying to keep that element blocked out of our memories :-)

It looks similar to my last Visa bill :-)

Don't worry I will send you the PGC barrel Non-Gratis, if it doesn't work out just post it back.

Cheers.

PureSilver, did you order RS trijicons? why didn't you order the nineball/laylax or gunsmodify trijicon ones? (or do RS sights fit the marui no problem?)

Yeah, I ordered RS. I didn't order the airsoft ones because the front sight on the Inokatsu is true to RS - that is, it's dovetailed in rather than clipped. An airsoft one wouldn't fit. As to the rear sight, mine will need holes drilled and tapped in it for the BBU (and dummy firing pin). If that process breaks it I'll have to get a gunsmodify one just for the rear. RS sights won't fit the Marui - it's just the Inokatsu.

FYI - I din't need any modifications to attach VFC's Scorpion to their barrel.

:o

I just know I'm going to end up ordering another barrel if this doesn't work. I was indeed looking for a longer suppressor, but we'll see if Doc's modified barrel does the trick.

That is exceptionally kind! I will get the rest of the gun sorted, and drop you a PM, if that's OK?

No problem, hope your Nightsights go without too much hastle.

Looking forward to seeing it with suppressor :-)

Edited by Squad 701
  • 4 weeks later...

I see a few Inokatsu Sig P226 steel slides have made it to TMC for close to $500,

and another $800 if you want to order the frame.

It's being marketed as Custom Work ( Made In Taiwan).

I wonder did Inokatsu give any figure on how many were actually made ?

I saw that a few days ago, I thought they were Ino leftovers by the sights (front sight cut like the RS), plus the extra bits and pieces.

The only difference seems to be the finish (and lack of paint in the sights).

My guess would be leftovers from the factory which weren't ordered or finished for some reason.