I got second hand P226 with PGC navy and going to buy steel slide.

It will be my third steel pistol. TMC said they will get more slide about 10 days later :D

The Inokatsu P226 is a bit like their 1911a, it could honestly work much better on CO2.

It won't even come near the performance of the PGC kits unfortunetly.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see this topic kept alive!

Hi, I just want to share some information regarding the TMC Custom Works steel slide. I received the slide last Saturday and very happy with the quality. Please compare it with the ino P226, maybe PureSilver can help a lot because he has already have one.

That looks identical to mine, with the separate extractor, block 'pins', and the dovetailed front sight. Since newer Prime kits also have these features the easiest way to tell would be to weigh it; if they're really stainless steel (like mine) then you can bet that these are unsold Inokatsu P226-01bk slide kits. The finish may also be different - was yours hard to remove when you fitted it, or is it merely paint? The DLC finish I think mine sports was very expensive to apply. Were the retailers also selling the P226-02 parts kit (hammer, slide release, decocker, trigger, disassembly lever and magazine release)? I think you could assemble the same parts count out of steel from Guarder but it would make up most of the cost difference you saved buying the slide at $500 rather than $700.

I wonder did Inokatsu give any figure on how many were actually made ?

There were supposed to be 50 complete pistols sold (mine has the serial number 80) but there were some in brushed stainless and some in black, so it could be that there were extra slide kits made. I don't see any bare stainless slides for sale, so it may be that those were more popular than the DLC black.

For the price you'd think they'd paint the bloody sights....

Mine aren't either. I feel like I've read somewhere that real SIG sights weren't originally painted either. These days they are, of course; not that it matters as my night sights are finally on their way.

The Inokatsu P226 is a bit like their 1911a, it could honestly work much better on CO2.

It won't even come near the performance of the PGC kits unfortunetly.

Fingers crossed for the KJW CO2 magazines. Took mine out today (she has a brand new Streamlight TLR-1s) and she's still a joy to shoot. Not one malfunction after sitting in a cupboard for three months. What a gun!

• 2 months later...

I've spent many an hour working on one of these Inokatsu '226s for a customer and I can safely say that I hate them.

The KJW internals are irritating considering the cost of the gun, and, as delivered to the customer from Inokatsu, the trigger would not cycle correctly, not having enough spring-strength to reset without manual assistance. This turned out to be the trigger-bar hole being too-tight over the post on the trigger, causing it to bind really badly.

Additionally, the painted finish on the slide is remarkably fragile considering it's incredible cost, installing the front-sight (using a front-sight-vise) resulted in a couple of scratches on the slide.

The most irritating thing, by FAR, however, is that the slide doesn't return to battery properly, and I can't find a way to make it fit correctly. Look at the photos posted in the OP and you can see that when the slide is in battery, the front of the frame-rails peek out of the slide, they shouldn't, and the back of the slide sits back from the frame by 2mm, but it should be flush.

The Customer was very happy with the eventualities of my Work, currently more than two hundred and fifty pounds in labour charges, although he's had the Ino. hammer installed over the stock KJ unit, as well as all the problems and niggles with it fixed. It's also had real Hogue Grips installed (Phosphate coated Checkered Aluminium, really nice), and I hand-fitted two VFC steel barrels to the slide (each one took over an hour).

Hopefully the damn thing will work long enough to see the Customer though a Skirmish, but the last time I gave it back to him, it'd fired more rounds in the 'Shop then it had in the customers hands XD

Thanks for the info man, you seem like a knowledgeable source for info and this is some pretty unique and helpful info!

Me with my Inokatsu 1911 would have to agree with the overall view of INO and their guns and prices, not what you would expect nor hope for out of the box. Sellin off my INO 1911 for sure... Better off with a 100 USD WE :P

I've spent many an hour working on one of these Inokatsu '226s for a customer and I can safely say that I hate them.

Hi Chewie! :rolleyes: You should recognise the gun, seeing as the scratches in the slide are visible in a couple of the later photos! I think I might have the only one in the UK, too - definitely the only one with those grips...

The most irritating thing, by FAR, however, is that the slide doesn't return to battery properly, and I can't find a way to make it fit correctly. Look at the photos posted in the OP and you can see that when the slide is in battery, the front of the frame-rails peek out of the slide, they shouldn't, and the back of the slide sits back from the frame by 2mm, but it should be flush.

It is annoying, isn't it! I might have to bring it in so we can have another look at that.

Hopefully the damn thing will work long enough to see the Customer though a Skirmish, but the last time I gave it back to him, it'd fired more rounds in the 'Shop then it had in the customers hands XD

I still have nightmares about the bill for those barrels - but I'm going to ask for a favour in returning a gun bag, so we're even! :D Incidentally, you don't know anyone with a welder, do you? The bill for getting the custom VFC barrel welded is almost as bad as having it fitted...

[EDIT]Incidentally, for anyone that's keeping score, or wants to see a cautionary tale of poor financial planning...

8210419278_a64c3e848e_b.jpg

So far, my attempts to put a 9mm-marked suppressor on a 9mm handgun have cost me £263.10, and I still have to have the barrel welded together (current quote: £80) and CeraKoted (£15 + P&P).[/EDIT]

Edited by PureSilver

Hi Chewie! :rolleyes:

Hey Matey! That's a frightful sum that you've ended up with, I really know the feeling! I embarked upon building a Custom Hi-Capa which has ended up as a 1911 after about £900 :fear2::wacko:

Funnily enough, We actually do have a friend of the shop who's a welder, we might be able to ask him!

I think we should be able to get you squared away with your gun-bag situation :)

Edited by Aod
  • 2 weeks later...

eHobby Asia now has both the black and stainless P226-01 kits for sale for $730, exactly the same price I paid. Also, I'm pretty sure eHA are quoting this review in their sales pitch:

The trademarks were correct and licensed to Inokatsu by the holder, Cybergun

The trademarks were correct and licensed to Inokatsu by the holder, Cybergun.

Seeing as the sentence really should be "the trademarks are correct and licensed to Inokatsu by the holder, Cybergun" I'm calling this review as the 'official' source of information for the Inokatsu P226.