TAD Gear Stealth Hoodie Replica (Airsoftpark)

http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=1865

040420121343.jpg

I finally decided to go for it and get a tactical hoodie, one that I could were in the city, too, without looking like a weirdo, but having everything I need for sport, which includes not only airsoft, but skating, hiking and mountain-biking.

I wasn’t willing to shell out 100$ for a simpe jacket, so a chinese one was my first option. Just took me some time to find one that I really liked and that looked to be of good quality. I usually wear my clothes ofr at least 5 years. I have a jacket that cost me 40 € and it has lasted me 10 years and counting.

040420121346.jpg

First, Sizing: I’m 1,90m tall and I usually wear XL, but given my history with chinese clothing, I decided to get an XXL. I was right to do so: my orangutan arms need this size and not a single cm less. So, beware: get a size more than what you usually need.

The outer material is nylon and polyester, which makes the jacket light, water-proof and dirt doesnt catch on to it.

The inner lining seems to be wool, which gives it a comfortable felt touch, very smooth and warm, unlike traditional windbreakers and rain coats.

Remember, this is a softshell: not designed for extrem cold, but it will protect you in the snow if you wear enough warm stuff underneath.

The jacket features a hoodie, with those flexible visors. It has a fully closed part to protect your neck and leaves a wide space for your head to move without it getting in the way. It has a flap on the back to roll it up and pack it. I prefer how it looks with the hood resting on the shoulders.

040420121333.jpg

The zippers are all YKK type.

040420121336.jpg

Collar and bottom feature an elastic cord to adapt to size and to close against wind.

Pockets: 2 on the shoulders, with velcro to attach patches. 2 from the chest down, inverted zippers. These 4 have headset holes for your MP3 or cellphone. The 2 on the chest and down include small pen pockets and D-rings to secure keys, flashlights or knives.

040420121331.jpg

040420121328.jpg

Very useful when you do sports or get in an out of the buildings (from cold to warm): zippers in the armpit are to open and vent.

040420121329.jpg

Kangaroo pouch on the back accesible from both sides.

040420121325.jpg

Also, reinforced elbows and adjustable cuffs on the wrists:

040420121326.jpg

All in all, an excellent jacket, super-comfy and seems durable. Plus: it looks very tactical. For 73$ shipped, there’s nothing for me to complain about, really.

And it seems to hold up to water very well. Look.

040420121351.jpg

Wow, and at a thrid of the price of the real deal. I have a TAD Spectre Hoodie and love it to death. Great quality and durability out of it but then again it was a $360 jacket which is a serious kick in the balls price-wise. My hope is that these knock-offs from China will cause a bit of a price drop on the real deal.

My friend bought a china version of their cloth hoodie and the zippers had issues but it looks like yours is better off. Good buy!

Edited by Nailz