1911... Which brand?!

Cryptkeeper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the main issue with the 1911's the mag's gas capacity is very small, try not to rapid fire it and you'll see it will empty the mag properly.

That's way I mostly suggest the Hi Capa for skirmishing... It's has the looks of the 1911 and the advantage of bigger gas capacity mag.

Wolf

Wait, so you got a metal slided single stack 1911 and still want it to lock back. Please excuse me while I laugh at you for ignoring the advice of Fireknife and myself, both long time 1911 users:P.

You are just going to have to underload, 20 rounds or 15 rounds and it should lock back.

Wait, so you got a metal slided single stack 1911 and still want it to lock back. Please excuse me while I laugh at you for ignoring the advice of Fireknife and myself, both long time 1911 users.

You are just going to have to underload, 20 rounds or 15 rounds and it should lock back.

Pretty much, for reliability even with a plastic slide in the cold i load only 21 (3x original 7 round mags :P) and that works fine. The one issue of the 1911 is the single stack gas capacity but if you know how to use it right then it will function fine.

'FireKnife'

No.

Out of your list, only KJ Works.

They make a nice MEU-looking hi-capa that gives you the 1911 look and the hi-capa gas reservoir.

This is why I made this ^ recommendation. Specifically, the KP-05. Or you could also look at the KP-08, if that style appealed.

Wait a minute here. He did order the KP-05, aka Hi Capa, with the large magazine and large resevoir. So it is not a 1911 slim mag.

That should not have a problem shooting a full mag in OK conditions.

Sure the mag is filling all the way ?

What's the ambient temp ?

As stated before, take it appart, clean it and lube it and try again.

Try filling the magazine when it is cold. I have had some magazines that for some strange reason wont accept gas for more than a few shots when they are warm enough. Fill once, shoot rapidly and fill again. Then warm it up. That might help.

I guess you guys having trouble with gas efficiency and metal slides need to go and get yourself a WA

31 out of a TM 1911 on average in the 8 degrees and up range :P

But i find the gas consumption, stock with plastic slides, is good on both.

'FireKnife'

Sorry man but no way my WA's to fire 31 rnd out of one gas fill.And i;m not talking about my brass but on metal and plastic ..!

On that matter TM is ahead. Durring summer I fired 31 rnd with a stock TM and the slide locked back!! The WA fired 23!!

Wolf

I dont understand the whole "WE are ######" ethos as I've owned 2 WE 1911s (and still own 1) and ive never had a problem with them, they fire smoothly and on propane they run at 312+/- relatively consistently, had them for 2 years with very little maintenance (the odd strip and clean but no more than once or twice a quarter [3 months] )

I just prefered them to TM as the TM is plastic and the WE felt more realistic and robust in my hand, yes you can get a metal slide but that just adds more expense, ok the mags on the WE are single stackers and are 15 round mags, but that makes it more fun as you have to conserve your ammo.

I guess perhaps i got lucky with mine and others are a bag of rubbish, bit like my KJW p226 that kept falling apart when firing (literally) and my mate had one that was flawless.

What I'm saying is wolfgeorge's experience is the not norm. I've had about 60 WAs and about 20 TMs and handful of KSCs in my 10 years or so of airsoft and I've never found a TM or KSC to beat the best WAs in any category. Sure, TM's hop is awesome but it's just as good as a properly setup WA. And there's just no competition when it comes to recoil, partially because of WA's awesome heavyweight material.

I like the simplicity of the WA sysytem... Please note I've only had SCW2 and 3, I've never seen a Magna which is considered the best!

I like WA's for the recoil and similarities with the RS but I haven't seen any WA to beat a TM!

I'm still learning though ... I'd love to have a Magna based WA, just to see what it is!

My brass kit sucks performancewise as it consume WAY too much gas to move the heavy slide but the recoil is amazing.... Clearly not a skirmish pistol!

Wolf

Archived