1911... Which brand?!

Cryptkeeper

From my personal experience and what I have been told, heard and read, KJW are workhorses. They don't look super great (on close inspection), might not perform perfectly (like a stock TM) but they are reliable and durable.

Also regarding the 1911 vs. 2011 (KP-07 vs. KP-05) I was worried that the 2011 grip would be uncomfortably wide, but because the MEU has the rubber grips the differense is a few milimiters at the most (3-4). And I actually fell in love with the Hi Capa KP-05 when I first held it, the plastic feels very smooth and it doesn't hurt to hold for long periods of times, beleive me I hold it in my hand when I watch action shows on TV to feel more bad-*albatross* :). However there is a notable differense in grip between a plain old 1911 and the MEU or Hi Capa, but not in a very negative way, they just feel different but neither grip is uncomfortable for me and I have medium hands.

The paint on my two most recent KJWs, MEU and Hi Capa actually look very nice, I can't speak for the durability but it is not the extremely thick and glossy paint I found on my M9 or 229 KJW.

As I stated, KJW is a fair compromise between a stock TM plastic gun and a fully upgraded TM gun and I love mine, so I guess that makes me very biased. :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dry firing a GBB isn't as bad as an AEG, all it means it that the airflow directed down the barrel isn't pushing against anything so it is free to clear the barrel, plus sometimes i find it gives a harder kick :P

They are reliable but it is just the quality of the parts they use, 75% of the time they are fine but you do get the odd ones with issues that are an easy fix and the few that go horribly wrong. Plus you get the typical yeah it is metal therefore amazing believers, give me good plastic over metal any day :P

'FireKnife'

the paint on my 92 wears of really easily, almost every place there is a moving part touching a metal piece has lost all of its paint. thankfully its not rusting as metal tends to in hong kong from the humidity. The gun also has issues with finishing an enitre mag sometimes

After using a KP07 for more than a year now, I'm a firm believer.

Okey, first this: it's broken now :D. But for a GBB costing US$ 100 thats quite a bit.

My TM P226 was way more expensive and kept malfunctioning and wasn't usable in temperatures below 15°C. The money i've put into it for repairs ( myself and airsmith )....

The reason my KP07 broke was because of exclusive use of CO2, in whatever temperature. Winter and summer. -5°C and +25°C ( Not smart :P )

Some potmetal parts deformed and the safety got sticky and stopped working. I'm now replacing the deformed parts by steel parts.

I recon over time a lot of parts will be replaced, but for the cost and reliability on CO2 it can't be beat. Just take care of your CO2 mags, lube the seals a day before use.

I hear you: why CO2? Well, it's more stable than GG and gives a nice bang ( CQB! )

Best of all: all the parts ate TM interchangable exept the frame ( it's partially widened to accept CO2 mags ).

If anyone knows how to adapt or find a high quality FMK for the KP07 CO2? ^^

Now, if Tokio Marui started using CO2 regulated at 300FPS @ 20°C... that'd be nice. But they don't, so it's an easy choice for me :)

Hmm yeah I noticed on my M9A1 KJW that the paint had chipped a little where the slide catch rubs against the slide, the paint seems almost layered on and then it just chips away which is slightly worrying. It's too soon for me to draw any conclusions but the KJW M9 series seems to be in a category of its own when it comes to the finish.

KWA and Tokyo Marui are the only brands I'd go with in regards to pistols. WE is good if you just want something cheap, but if you want a gun that isn't going to give you problems and isn't going to wobble more then a neglected 50 year old car, then I'd go with another company.

I use to order the pistols with metal slide or fram in 2 pieces and have the delivered separately when I order from outside EU but I pay 2 times for shipping, but still some times is cheaper than order from some EU shops.

Are there any opinions on the Army brand 1911's? They are very cheap and I was wondered if they are compatible with some of the well known brands (TM, KSC...)

Wolf

Are there any opinions on the Army brand 1911's? They are very cheap and I was wondered if they are compatible with some of the well known brands (TM, KSC...)

TM compatible, better than Bell/Tercel, not quite as nice as KJW, but they do do a National Match and a Kimber Warrior.

Army brand 1911's?

Not 100% TM compatible with the last two Kimber Warriors I checked. The slide and sub frame are built like Hi-Capas: slides do not have that spacer on slide lock notch and sub-frame guide rails are of a uniform width, will not accept the spacer on the slide. They also have a faux firing pin at the back as the screw holding the BBU to the slide is instead put on top through the rear sight.

Yep and it also depends on what you want! On your priorities.

Do you want a gun to skirmish, something reliable, accurate and long lasting or do you want something that just looks cool?

Depending on that the price will fluctuate.

With Marui you pay a little extra (although some horrible WE & Cybergun are also about the same price) but you look after it and you have a killer at skirmishes which will last a good 3 years before you start changing some of the parts.

As for the metal kits they rarely improve performance and sometimes even prove to be troublesome.The plastic with Marui is such good quality that you would swear they're metal!

Thanks for the reply guys...

I might buy one of these to see how it looks like!

I agree the plastic bodied TM 1911 and MEU are very good and perform great but a metal kit looks better, plus for me personally I like messing around with pistols!

Wolf

Just disassembled my KJW 1911 Co2. Internals are rather good I must admit. Although I started having some firing problems some time ago. I found a broken valve knocker lock. Other parts seemed to be a lot better quality materials, except that and the valve knocker itself, which were greyish pot metal. Disconnector, hammer and other parts in the trigger assembly were in excellent condition and I have abused the pistol a lot!

Now can anyone recomment me where I can order a new knocker lock for reasonable price including shipping to Europe on inside Europe.

Other then that - I think this is a great pistol and I would recommend it to all! Ofcourse with the Co2 mag. Green gas mag is ######.

You can contact KJW directly at service@kjworks.com.tw include the gun model number (KP-XX) or just model description, such as KJW 1911 full metal CO2 version. Send over the parts numbers and quantity which you wish to order. Ask them for a quote and include your shipping address. I just ordered a bunch of parts and accessories directly from them for my KJW pistols and to be honest they would put many airsoft retailers to shame with their level of service and quality. Absolutely outstanding. I do beleive they offer some of their valve knockers in steel for an additional charge, ask them about that as well.

Hope that helps.

The whole process for me took 2 weeks with alot of emails back and forth. Payment was done with PayPal. Oh and prices are very fair.

Archived