Weird VSR problem

Kenworth W900

Hey guys, I am looking for some advice relating to an issue I am having with my VSR.

So, heres the situation:

VSR-10 Real Shock

Action Army 90 degree trigger unit

Action Army 90 degree piston

400fps spring (cut down 500fps)

So the issue is that, when I have an o-ring inserted on the piston (which is obviously the norm, as with every other VSR anywhere) it seems to suffer from a weird issue whereby the piston practically crawls forward down the cylinder once fired. Thus, the gun won't actually fire properly, since the air is being released VERY slowly. I've tried using a smaller O-ring (and even no O-ring at all), but then theres no power, as all the air escapes behind the piston. Also, I've lubed the whole system up liberally to stop the O-ring from dragging but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Is the cylinder clean?

Has the hop been touched at all? Has it been inadvertently turned to full?

Was it the o-ring that came with the piston? Have you tried the stock one?

Sorry if these sound obvious or anything, just putting down the way i'd go about checking it if it were mine.

action pistons tend to be a bit loose in the cylinder, the lateral pressure of the spring can make them jam up. the added drag from the oring exasperates this problem i think.

looks like you have a mission to find the right oring/spring balance.

is your spring guide stopper worn? could also be putting odd pressure on the piston if the guide isn't straight.

Seems like a slight false alarm - it has now corrected itself somehow.

I didn't really change anything as such, I just went inside to check it all over and to see what setup I had exactly in order to answer your questions then put it back together again, but whatever I did it now works just fine. So, many thanks for your help :D

Archived