Opinions Required. Hokkatsu M40A3 and REAPS system Hop Rubbers.

The Chef

As the title suggests....

Has anyone got any experience of the above two items?

I've seen the online reviews of such things, but as always I take these with a complete sachet of salt and pretty much ignore them.

What I like are good old personal reviews, people who have had hands on and lived with the beast for a while.

I like warts and all, I'm not scared by someone saying something is a bag of spanners.

So Firstly the Hokkatsu M40A3.

I'm loving the look of the stock and magazine arrangement, and if it was down to looks alone I think I'd be buying this in an instant. But hell...

I don't buy a boltie because they look pretty (the last one I did that with was the DSR-1, and that shot like a child's pea-shooter). I buy them because I have to have them shoot like a laser (Like my trusty VSR...).

So what's it like? Anyone got one? I assume the new mag arrangement is similar to the Marui L96. The gumpf says it was developed by Marui, so it's a rip off of that I guess.

Is it compatible with any parts? Hop, cylinder innards etc?

Secondly, This REAPS system hop rubber.

Anyone used it? Is it as good as the reviewer seems to make out? My old nine ball rubber is getting a bit tired in the Vizzer, so looking for a decent replacement.

As soon as my pay cheque that arrived yesterday clears I will be ordering the m40a3 + spare mag. It looks to all intents a vsr compatible rifle judging by RedWolfs video. It is probably an optical ilusion on the video but the trigger mech housing appears slightly shorter in the first shots but I will be installing my Noobies Mtrig (or an mtrig clone) to this anyway along with my TDC hop unit. The loading ramp is an unknown I have not use a TM L96 so I am not familiar with it or it's weaknesses if any.

I have been looking to upgrade my ageing VSR for a while but the lack of furniture options has always been a pain so i'll give this a punt and see how it fares.

well, will be good to know how it fares when you get it.

Especially on the compatibility front. It's be nice to know that I can stick some other parts inside such as the Zero Trigger and a decent hop rubber.

I know what you mean by the lack of furniture options. I ended up putting a Well (thumbhole one) stock on mine, nice and comfy, but still would like something a little more.

Here's a discussion about REAPS

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/203464-reaps-promises-60m-shots/

As for the M40A3... Why do they call M40A3 anyway??

It looks good but I'm worried for the quality of the parts and the compatibility of parts like trigger/sear. Most companies mean VSR compatible the ability to use VSR cylinder/spring/piston.

IMHO you should wait a bit to read a review and see some detailed photos of the internals.

Wolf

Archived