G-Spec BB hitting Silencer

Davos

Hey ever one took my sniper for a fun a few weeks back and my BB strayed into my silencer and I now have a lovely little dent in my silencer. Now the Hop was now set to OTT. So has any one else had this happen?

You managed to buy or capture a whole sniper?!

Yes, well done, you've noticed "wrong thing airsofters say so often its become the norm #5318008", we'll ad that to the clip/mag thing, auto glocks "safe" position or need to pull the slide back when changing the setting, Deagle and ukara registration.

Now that's done, Its actually pretty common for a bb to hit the side of a suppressor unless its built with a tube or wire mesh inside, if you don't have one, just don't set your hop so high, and don't swing the muzzle around when you're shooting.

Also, if you falter at the start when you pull back the bolt you can accidently double feed. that can cause one to hit the silencer.

If the rifle is angled forwrds slightly he first one sometimes rolls down the barrel and sits in the silencer then gets smashed by the second causing bits to rip through the foam.

Just for clarity no you can't call a VSR a "sniper" without someone making a joke - its a mandatory joke in this sub-section. I tend to say "my VSR" for short. :D

---

On to the question: If you hammer it you of course you could break it. However its metal so I doubt it. Not 100% sure you'd get the dent out either though.

Basically you have 3 choices: live with it, hammer it, buy a new one.

I've used a hammer on 2 TM silencers that had been internally struck by BBs and it has worked fine, the dents are 100% gone, the finish was slightly damaged though so they needed a paint touch up.

Just don't start mindlessly whacking away at it and you should be fine. :)

Just for clarity no you can't call a VSR a "sniper" without someone making a joke - its a mandatory joke in this sub-section. I tend to say "my VSR" for short.

Of course you can't. It's not a 'sniper', it's a sniper rifle. Imagine if I started a thread on here that began "Hey everyone, took my machine out yesterday but got double-tapped with a hand and stitched up with an assault!" You'd think I'd gone driving, then got beaten up and arrested.

The word 'gun' or 'rifle' is key :)

Archived