ACM/BE M500 Shotgun - Help

ScubaSteve

Good day to you!

Hopefully I am posting this in the right section... if not feel free to blast me into orbit!

Project - M500 Upgrades

I recently got my hands on a Both Elephant M500 gas shotgun and the performance is some what... lacking.

I have seen a modification that will allow me to change the gun to fire only 3 rounds instead of 5 for better FPS for range increase in this case, but I would prefer to keep it shooting 5.

Now, I have googled the s*** out of this subject and so far came up with scraps and hearsay so I was hoping someone out there might be able to help.

The info I have gathered so far is as follows:

Mosquito molds high flow valve - should help reduce velocity deviation

There was also a forum somewhere that mentioned the KWA glock mag valves could be used as a replacement for the fill valve in the m500 too.

Can anyone make any suggestions on how to go about upgrading?

Regards

Steve

Replace the o rings, and grease the *suitcase* out of them. Then grease them some more.

Mines been under a bed for nearly a year now and still has gas in :)

I've heard about glock mag valves too, on here, but damned if I can find where!

As for upgrades, a hop can be modded I believe, but before doing anything, try it with .25 ammo, it should give you a tighter group and a bit more range. It did in my 3 anyway!

Thanks for the info guys!

Ok, so first things first, new o-rings and grease her up good and proper.

Anyone had experience with the 3 round mod using the tube? I keep reading the results are quite impressive for range increase. Essentially I will be using her for building to building and CQB Assaults so she needs a little range.

I've got three of these, two 6mm and and one 8mm. The 8mm has the better build quality IMO and all of them hold gas for weeks on end.

Speaking from my experience here's what I did:

Re: power and flow constancy, get yourself a box of O-Rings from Maplins, I've found them to be the best ones. Replace all the O-Rings in the gas block. Make sure the rotating BB chamber is well lubed, but dont lube the area where the BB might contact. Put an O-Ring on the barrel behind the C-Clip. Dont worry about putting hop in it, you only need 20 odd meters (At least I think that will do you). With one BB and using Propane I get 508 FPS from the 6mm and 414 FPS from the 8mm (Using Xcortech X3200 set to the correct mm and weight) The does vary from shot to shot, but not by a great margin, a few FPS each way. If you are going to be rapid firing you shotgun the pressure wont really have time to equalise so the FPS will vary alot more (at least that's my understanding, if I'm wrong someone please put me right :)

When I did the three shot mod to the 6mm one, you have to be careful what you use as the spread on my shotty can vary widely from shot to shot. I put this down to my use of a little metal tube to limit the BB's that is probably affecting the flow of gas through the rotating BB Chamber. Sometimes my group will be tight, other times it will look like a triangle by the time its hit 20 meters.

One thing is for sure though that if you get the gun gas tight at some point the charging arms will probably break. I've just got an order of custom made charging arms in so if anyone wants a set that are made of hardened steel and already made to fit the Chinese M500 please feel free to PM me.

These are just my experiences, I know people have vastly different results with these shotguns. Personally I love them :)

FL

the glock fill valve thing doesnt work, the threading it different. i have fill valves up the *albatross* and couldnt fing one to replace the origonal. i have tried the mosquito molds valve twice and couldnt get it to work. the oring it comes with doesnt fit the chamber right. i have never thought the stock performance was bad though. but i have used 3 6mm ones and they all permormed differently.

While i'm on...

I'm considering putting a full stock with pistol grip on instead of the plain full stock you grip on to. Does anyone know where to get one?

If I do get one, might pop a ris pump on with verticle grip :D

midwayuk do them :)

Right, so I have the gun in my house now! Woop Woop!

Got myself some o-rings and a nice big tub of grease...

Had a look at the valve, looks a little buggered if you ask me... is there anyway to get a replacement original, or maybe a better upgraded one?

Top marks on the stock link btw, looks awesome! Considering I paid £30 for the shotgun, the 50 on the stock would even things out, but first things first, need to get this running!

Archived