I bought a Hakkotsu Iron Face lower face protection masks around October of 2010. Ive read reviews posted online and watched video reviews on youtube. If you're reading this, odds are...you've done the same thing as I have.

There's no doubt that the Hakkotsu Iron Face lower face protection holds up well against airsoft guns shooting 400 fps with .20g BBs. Video reviews would show that they hold up against 500+ FPS airsoft guns. The mask is definitely worthy of field use.

Here are my personal opinions about the mask however:

1. The mask is soft but sturdy. It'll conform to the side of your face Better than mesh face-pro masks.

2. The mask has contact points against your face. BBs wont penetrate the mask, but you'll feel the hit when the BB hits the mask where it contacts your face.

3. The curvature around the nose area is non adjustable and is stiff. When the mask is worn, a few people have reported that the tip of the nose area digs into where it comes into contact with. For other people, its not an issue.

4. There's silicon padding where the front of the face would come in contact with the mask for added comfort.

5. No protection over the ears. These could be solved by wearing ear protection like Peltors or Howard Leight Electronic Ear Protection.

6. Depending on your facial feature. the mask might prove to be on the shorter side. This may expose your chin some (or a lot).

7. If you like wearing helmets or hats, the Hakkotsu Iron Face lower face protection will allow for this.

8. Because of the shape of the Hakkotsu Iron Face mask, Full seal goggles may not work properly unless the mask is worn higher on the face.What is meant by not working properly, is that there will be an open area around the nose area of the mask and goggles where a BB could enter. It'll be a slim chance, but there is a chance of that happening unless the mask interfaces with the goggles properly by pulling up on the mask. Pulling the mask higher for better goggle-mask interaction decreases the coverage of the chin area.

----------------

I have since taken my time into making this mask work with the goggles I currently use. I am currently using a set of Oakley SI Assault Goggles.

I have cut out material on the Hakkotsu Iron Face Mask so it goes over the "lip" area around the goggles. I have also cut out the elastic straps that secured the mask to my face. At this point, I am using the goggle straps to hold both the goggles and the Iron Face Mask. I secured the lower face protection to the goggles by bolting it onto the goggle system. Glue was also used in addition to this. The masks ability to flex some allows for the lower face protection to interface with the material on the goggles I have.

The shape of the goggles you use will dictate how much and which parts of the mask you need to take out so the lower face protection works better (and looks better).

End Result:

20120507_192540.jpg

20120507_192613.jpg

20120507_192552.jpg

20120507_214011.jpg

Lol Pedobear?

I had one of these on a whim, and whilst it does work well as protection, my enourmous gorilla-face didn't work with it - it dug into my nose and left my chin exposed and kept trying to slide up my face.

Yup. These are more suitable for people who require asian fit oakleys for proper fitting sun glasses. Haha!

I guess youre one of the people who these dont work well on cause of the nose bridge fit and you having a gorilla/hulk face (had to throw an Avengers reference in there...lol).

Mask works best on people with small-medium face and "small" noses.

Another thing that doesn't show is that if i open my mouth all the way...my lower set of teeth will be unprotected.

The mask offers minimum coverage on the face but protects all thats covered well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...