After years of using chest rigs and compact plate carrier's I finally decided to get an actual vest with a decent amount of molle webbing for CQB and Events. I searched around the web and came across the 6094 and made my purchase. Here is my review on the vest:

019-1.jpg

Purchase:

I decided to buy the TMC replica mainly because of price, I did not want to drop 150.00 on a name brand replica or 300.00 on the real deal. I made the purchase at EBairsoft.com for 63.00 shipped and received it on my door step about a month later (common for out of country orders). I honestly was not expecting much for the price tag but EB claimed it was 1000D Cordura and the reviews on the website and other forums were positive.

Quality/Build:

I was simply AMAZED by the quality of the vest for its price. This is absolutely not some cheap vest with crappy material and a poor sewing job.The thread and workmanship they put in the vest is a lot more then I expected from a chinese brand vest. I actually can't tell the differance in quality comparing my BlackHawk chest rig and the TMC pc. The buttons and buckles are also of good quality and all together the vest looks like it will really hold up to some abuse.

Sizing:

The vest comes in one size which appears would fit most "average" sized people, so unless you are extremely tiny or extremely big this vest should work for you. The vest is adjustable at the shoulders and the sides (at cummerbund) and provides a good amount of room at the shoulders for someone who is tall.

Comfort:

The vest did take some time to adjust to my liking, but once it was adjusted and I tried it on..I was pleasantly suprised by how comfortable it was compared to other vests like the FSBE, OTV, and CIRAS that I had experienced in the past. The front chest area of the vest is small and just big enough to get a SAPI plate to fit in the front. This design actually allows a lot of freedom and movement for your arms which makes it really comfortable to wear in the field. Like most vests the TMC 6094 has mesh on the inside that helps the body "breath" which helps prevent "over heating" during play.

Field Test:

I mainly bought this vest for CQB but found my self using it in bi weekly woodland games as well. I actually got the vest just in time for my first Lion Claws event and the vest was perfect for this particular game. The LC event was 99% CQB and the 6094 accommodated a camelbak, extra ammo, batteries, magazines, and many other items for extended periods of time and still remained comfortable. At no time did it ever feel "cumbersome" or over-heat my body.

Pouches & "Real Estate":

I got the vest alone with no pouches. I had my Khaki pouches and added them on when I got it. I put 3 double M4 magazine pouches on the front along with a radio pouch. On the left side I added two more double M4 magazine pouches, I carry a Tornado impact in the left side double m4 mag pouch. I also added a utility pouch on the right side for my AI gas can, dead rag, spare lipo battery, and lipo alarm. I also threw on a replica camelbak mule in coyote brown for events (mainly for bbs and energy bars). Last but not least I added a Condor one point sling and my SureFire light on the front of the rig. The vest provides a lot of MOLLE webbing for even more pouches, I have my vest fully loaded with more then what I would need and still have room! The 6094 is smaller and "tighter" then a CIRAS but provides just as much MOLLE real estate as a CIRAS.

020.jpg

032.jpg

Closing Thoughts:

I am VERY satisified with my purchase and give this vest two thumbs up,so far. I really want to see how the vest handles over time and with abuse but I have faith that it'll hold its own. I'm satisified enough with my purchase that I plan on picking up a TMC chest rig for woodland games.

If you have any questions on the vest or thoughts on how to make my future reviews better let me know below!!

Pics:

036-2.jpg

022-1.jpg

Edited by pa_mick