Marui hints their new products for the 51th hobby show

kenxin

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do they (seemingly) have to reveal 4 weapons at once every time? Do they have some superstition about it within the company?

Anyway, I think we've had some pretty good stuff come out the last few times they've done 4-blocks of announcements, the SCARs in particular. Maybe this time we'll just get High Cycles, colour variations and accessory packs, but that should mean that next time around it'll mostly be awesome. Hopefully...

They show a couple at a team because of this. This right here; discussion. People hypothesising as to what the products are (AEG or GBB; High Cycle or repaint etc) - it keeps their brand name on the tip of peoples tongues, and in short is free advertising.

The art of the teaser is powerful with TM :D

Four items has a greater chance for appeal than 1. A P90 is a marmite gun, but when paired with an M9 then it gets at more of the market.

To be honest, I'm not aware if it is indeed always four, but it's simple math - increase your chances of getting a bit of buzz about your products

It was a mainly rhetorical question to be honest, you're looking in to it a bit too deeply. They have been keeping to the same pattern of releasing 4 teasers at once for quite some time now and it just struck me as a tad odd.

Most companies unveil each new product individually as they roll out of development, TM just does it in batches of 4. They're such a big name that they've really no need to try and create additional hype when they release anything new because it all gets snatched up like hot cakes anyway, that's all I'm saying. Not like it's a bad thing, I quite like getting a bit of intrigue and suspense every couple of months waiting to see what they'll come out with next.

I believe I could answer this one. From being an otaku with years of studying Japanese culture, Tokyo Marui's choice in advertising style stems from the Yonkoma or 4 panel comic. Though they don't necessarily follow the form or sequence of meaning (foundation, development, climax, conclusion) they still stick to 4 as it is considered a well rounded number or whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

they still stick to 4 as it is considered a well rounded number

Actually 4 is the pointiest number. Well-rounded numbers would be like 3, 6, 8, 9 and the most well-rounded = 0.

Smile :)

I thought we were talking about the teasers, and that was a part of the teaser. . . so.

Agreed thou, that PPK was TM trolling at it's best.

What's next? announcing a railed M9 and making it an electric blowback ? please....

ohwait.

To re-jig your current model is to say it is no good, which doesn't help sales. Unfortunately that's the way many companies look at. TM had the perfect opportunity to change the design with the anniversary editions of the Biohazard pistols, however they chose not to.

People have been calling out for redesigns on M9's and FAMAS for years...I just can't see them bothering. Doesn't seem like their style to undermine current products, even though they really could do with the R&D department giving them some time :(

Considering that TM is Japanese company, that insistence on 4 is some really weird 'tepting the fate'. Like someone insisting only loading 13 rounds per magazine. It'd be... odd.

After all, japanese have long associated 4 with 'Death'/'Shi'.

I'm mostly curious on the P90, kind-of wish it was GBB...

The P226E2 is different enough from what they currently offer in order to get away with it. I would be highly surprised if they made the changes to their current P226 as well.

As I said, they had the opportunity to re-jig their M9 series with the emergance of the STARS anniversary pistols...but they chose not to. Again, they would have been different enough for it not to interfere with other models.

High cycles are the same story - if you change a little, without saying "We're going to make huge improvements because our stuff NEEDS them" then you're sorted. It messed KWC around a bit due to them discontinuing the V1's of their NBB pistols - it ###### off a LOT of people

Archived