Marui hints their new products for the 51th hobby show

kenxin

Recoil P90 would be bought so fast the retailer wouldn't even get a chance to unpack the display model.

And if it is a new M9 with adjustable hop I would be praying it is compatible with the old models. Mag/barrel wise.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been digging through japanese blogs and such.

The consensus so far is something like this:

- P90 is either a colored re-release or a high cycle.

- the MP7 is a complete set with accessories or just the accesories (there is minor talk about it being GBB but people are speculating like crazy)

- The M9 is probably the electric model announced last year. (there is minor talk about it being a re-make of the m9 GBB with adjustable hop)

- the m66 is probably the same model announced last year

Hyperdouraku also prepared an article about it (for those who can read it):

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/hobbyshow1205/teaser.html

Remember, all this is speculation.

Much like the M733 release when the BHD film was popular; Reckon the Mp7 could be some sort of a seal team 6'd up version (Aimpoint + M3 flashlight)? What with Act of Valor and the recent instance of Bin Laden getting a robocop facial, they could be chucking on a few accessories to try and make a quick buck?

*edit* I speculate the following;

P90 - High cycle version, or just standard variation line stuff with OD/Tan lowers, and I'd guess the railed upper as opposed to the RD.

Mp7 - Includes some generic 'Block II' accessories, marketed in a box with DEVGRU all over it.

M9A1 - I can see TM just putting a rail on their standard M9... Either that, or electric kid's version. I can't see them re-doing the whole M9 system without doing the standard M92 first, or alongside...

Revolver - I'm with the 'Same old TM revolver, slightly different looks' crowd.

I was sad to see no FN FNP :( Maybe KWA will make it.

If its another AEP it will suck just like the last one did.

Recoil P90 then I may have to buy that. If the body is a better material than the 'old' one I might buy that aswell lol.

Sad to see nothing really exciting.

I hope the mp7 is a gbb, just so I can watch everyone go nuts about it. :D

If it's a GBB, the first picture I'll be uploading of mine will show it in the custom Mp7 shaped wedding dress I'd have already had made.

I want it to be GBB now simply to make hwagan do the wedding dress :P

Besides for that, GBB doesn't interested me much if I'm being honest. I actually prefer that TM stick with what they're good at. I.e. squeeze the largest and best possible AEG engine, even if that sometimes does mean AEP, into the shell of just about any SMG or rifle by using ingenious solutions to fit it all in.

P90 - High cycle version, or just standard variation line stuff with OD/Tan lowers, and I'd guess the railed upper as opposed to the RD.

I imagine you're right on that one, I really can't see it being a recoil P90, there is next to no space behind the gearbox for any kind of recoil mech and from what I remember very little above or around the gearbox shell itself.

I want it to be GBB now simply to make hwagan do the wedding dress :P

Besides for that, GBB doesn't interested me much if I'm being honest. I actually prefer that TM stick with what they're good at. I.e. squeeze the largest and best possible AEG engine, even if that sometimes does mean AEP, into the shell of just about any SMG or rifle by using ingenious solutions to fit it all in.

Buy me a Bomber MRP and I'll make a wedding dress for that if it's not? :P

Still - TM make the best GBB pistols on the market - I can see what you mean when it comes to full size GBBR's with massive bolts and complicated FCG's and the like, but if TM could cram the guts of their G18 into an Mp7, you'd instantly have a winner. Then they could do an Mp9, all sorts of awesome SMG's.

I imagine you're right on that one, I really can't see it being a recoil P90, there is next to no space behind the gearbox for any kind of recoil mech and from what I remember very little above or around the gearbox shell itself.

The only way I can think is the bit above the gearbox, but that's where the battery goes... I can't see any logical way to make it a recoil, gotta be an HC or variation line methinks.

I have been wondering of late why, since everyone seems to be jumping on the GBBR bandwagon, why TM haven't - if they came out with an M4 or an AK using their GBB system they would clean the floor with everyone else.

I have been wondering of late why, since everyone seems to be jumping on the GBBR bandwagon, why TM haven't - if they came out with an M4 or an AK using their GBB system they would clean the floor with everyone else.

They have the recoil line of AEGs, releasing a range of GBBrs would just be a way of saying 'Hey look guys, our AEGs are actually pretty *suitcase* for realism and we were wrong all along to follow the AEG route'.

If that M9 is an EBB I will have to commit vehicular homicide to vent my feelings. The 92FS is so overdue a redesign it's not even funny any more; I literally cannot find the original release date. Anyone know when it was?

However as i think with the Series 70 occasionally it is a hot 20yr old with the desire to wear no clothes and have a mind dirtier than mine ;)

Nobody has a dirtier mind than you.

I would be rather extatic for a TM GBBR.

Theres a 0.000000000000000000001% chance and all my hope that the P90 is actually a GBB. :D

We can all speculate but we all know it will be a high cycle P90, another crappy AEP with some bits attached.

Expect the worse then you cant be dissapointed.

I see nothing of interest here, I'm sad to say:

~P90 with a new lick of paint and (maybe) the high ROF gubbins...Well that's awesome*, let's hope you've sorted the POS hicap magazines then.

~M9 with a rail....Revolutionary!*... and if it's their EBB one that's super califragilistic revolutionary

~Mp7 with all the tat....Bet that'll be cheap* and will greatly improve on the stock performance of the AEP

*1000 Metric tonnes of weapons grade sarcasm.

Only the M66s raise even the vaguest smile- but in truth, they too aren't exactly the most world-shattering new models....The only thing they do alleviate is the low supply of Tanaka M66s.

Archived