What to do when your Local community and fields take a turn for the worse?

Megalomaniac

This site owner might try to put 2 and 2 together though, especially if our OP starts up his new site around the same time. It's significantly reduced if our OP just runs games for the sake of playing good games rather than profit but still, he becomes a visible target for the suspicion.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention that the world is small, and there's a thread here about it.

The way I see it, a site needs both facilities and players. They're no good without either one. Money is the operative word to a business man, and if people are still paying away to a site that needs work, then there is little to no incentive. If you say nothing, and start running games where you're injecting money directly into the site and improving all of the time, then you will be in direct competition with this current site, and as you said...when there was competition, it was a far better place - it makes you get your act together.

Sites need capital constantly injected into them or they stagnate and fail. Even the best sites need a tonne of money thrown at them in the way of cleaning, and keeping things up to code...it's just a shame that it is not always done :(

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the information you've given in your post im asumeing the place your talking about is strikeforce sports correct?

ive had similer issues with them ): i had a rifle put in for work at there shop and they forgot to ship out the battery with it , also the quality of there staff has dropped exponentialy , i used to know all the staff and they were all so nice and they gave discounts randomly all the time , now i feel like im bothering them when im in there shop.

If you opened up a new airsoft field in the area i promiss you i will play there constantly ! around the Huntington area would be awesome !! :)

paul doesn't have a complete monopoly. i work at the other pro shop in LI and there's armed forces somewhere around here which is another CQB place (however tiny i have heard).

while he is an *albatross* and would try that kind of *suitcase*, he has dont nothing against me and my shop except for slandering us on the internet indirectly. it appears he got eagle eye shut down and LIA shut down because their own stupid plan to get me to shut down backfired. its not clear if it was at all pauls doing to get cousins shut down.

if you want to open a field come over to my shop and talk it over with my boss. we are trying to put something together amongst a few of our best customers and friends but its damned expensive in Nassau county, even just for a warehouse.

otherwise, carpool with me up to CT every once in a while and *fruitcage* the fields around here. SFS indoor has issues previously stated, SFS outdoors is full of poison ivy and paint and armed forces is tiny. there's just not enough land on long island. there's also a couple of cool fields i have heard of in northern NJ that we could hit up.

Civic Duty is to Report him! But my Business Sense is not to, His complacency is one of your best allies. Report him and after the circus show is over he will be running a newly refurbished CQB site, lessons learnt and with a enemy/competitor to focus on crushing, you!

If it was me I would open a (CO-OP) based site, 8-10 equal share holders with a Chinese Parliament decision process, this will increase start up resources and delegate "day to day" running of the site.

This guy probably started out just like you, an Airsofter!

He who does battle with monsters needs to watch out lest he in the process become a monster himself. And if you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss will stare right back at you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

he wasnt an airsofter and still isnt. he sells air balloons to the government. he opened the store for his son, who is an airsofter, or something like that.

No wonder I see NY guys coming down to Jersey for games.

Not sure where you are in NY, but are you anywhere near the Zulu field? Made the drive up there once and it was a pretty cool place and the staff seemed understanding. Was game CO so I spent most of my time in their town though.

Archived