a guy at my local site has had one since they first came out in the UK, he has always run it on propane (with nineball gas routers, so higher FPS) and hasn't had a issue.

I do love the look of this gun but even with a mate how uses propane with no issue, the number of stories about people with issues is putting me off buying one.

randomly mine seems fine after its bizarre issue. So, despite blasting off the frame and jamming up, a strip down and reassemble (after seing no obvious faults or damage) its now working perfect. Bafflement...

I think stock I'd advise 134 or maybe the Abbey midweight gas - someone remind me what its called?

I think I'll look at green again when the AS reinforced nozzle is released. Will probably stop the nozzle breakage, but might still be putting other strains elsewhere - time will tell I suppose.

Abbey predator, if I'm not mistaken.

Perhaps your slide bend up a little (since it's plastic, kind of what you have to do to remove the BBU ) with an overly powerful shot and that caused it to skip the rails and jam. After that it returned to the original shape and now it's working fine?

Some bizarre things are happening with the XDM... how odd.

Could someone tell me what the trigger feels like? the hammer mech uses a somewhat similar system to that of the 5-7 and the trigger is the only thing about the 5-7 I absolutely hate...

The trigger of course has the built-in safety like the Glock, and it works fine.

When the gun is cocked, there's about 2mm of slack/take-up in the trigger motion before it breaks.

The break iitself is clean.

Other things I like: the grip with the medium backstrap--works well for me. The three large white dots on the sights. The significant recoil even on duster.