WOC based DMR build

Sallinen

Ok, so what I want to build is somewhat like this, with 20" outer barrel and Troy 15" Alpha rail:

DSC04094.jpg

What I want to know is that are the delta ring and buffer tube and pistol grip compatible with real steel?

Also, are the Iron airsoft WA compatible outer barrels any good? If not, does any other manufacturer make a 20" outer barrel? If someone knows, it would be nice to know if there is a big difference in quality between real steel PRS stock and airsoft GBB PRS.

Also any suggestions for a good monopod or pretty much anything would be appreciated.

IA make fairly good parts, it SHOULD be fine.

Pistol grip is RS comaptioble. I'm fairly sure Buffers and delta rings are too. If not you can probably mount a RS one.

Bear in Mind, Prime and Iron Airsoft Receivers are slightly longer as per the RS than WA receivers. G&P M16A1/M733 bodies are primse spec, the rest are WA Spec

Receiver threading is RS spec, so you should have no issues installing the rail; I'd like to say the same for the buffer tube, but I can't state it as fact - I'm sure someone can confirm that or not though. Pistol grip, as Whitehawksan says, is definitely RS compatible :)

Thanks for the info.

Going to have a real delta ring for the gun with Alpha rail when I can afford it.

The receiver is going to be G&P MUR style.

Stock will have to wait for a while, I am not sure about beeing able to afford everything at once.

And for internals, lots of Daytonagun win ^^

Yes G&P buffer tube will take a milspec stock, check out the thread I made titled "G&P WOC Queries" should answer a few questions for you! I'm in the same position as you, building a WOC DMR. Just blew 900 on parts........ :(

Drop me a PM if you need a hand, on my phone at the moment so linking is difficult.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good for now. Will drop you a line if I have a problem. I think I might need some help sourcing some little parts later on, if they dont come along with the receiver set they sell in airsoftglobal. The gun will be partially assebled in USA, with the upper somewhat completed, with or without the rail.

Will add information about the newer DTG M4 kit when I get my hands on it.

Does anyone know where to find this gun in the USA?:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=32083

If it can be found.

I would save some serious money if I didnt have to pay its shipping from HK to USA and from there to Finland...

Found navy WOK in stock at dentrinity, will go with it and save some hassle etc. It still has to be shipped to USA though..

• 2 weeks later...

Went with the V.P.R

This is what I am going for: http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/nokiarnp/IMG_0138.jpg

Except the pistol grip will be Ergo grip.

It is on its way to US to be fitted with Daytonagun M4 internals and 500mm 6.01 inner barrel with R-hop.

Still need to get the optics, visionking 1.25-5x26 rifle scope seems to be a good temporary solution until I get the cash to get a better scope.

dmrwoc.jpg

The current state of the build, I will have to try the pistol grip before I change it, changed m' mind.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iKqMLV_M4&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Chrono video by Tony, who built this. The fps in video was measured with 0.28 BBs.

The gun will shipped to me soon :)

Gun sports 6.01 inner barrel with R-hop.

Reall excited to get my hands on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Received the basegun the day before yesterday. If anyone has questions and would like to know something, feel free to ask. Would also make easier for me to make a small review if I knew better what people wanted to know, as this is very different from most of the other gunsystems.

A few pics here: http://imageshack.us/f/706/dsc0652p.jpg/

Just click next.

• 3 months later...

Havent really had time nor funds to progress this build so its still in the making.

Interesting thing was that when I finally got to chrono this thing with a proper chronograph, I was very satisfied with the result.

The FPS was pretty much what I was going for, (128-130PSI, can be used up to 150 PSI) 115m/s with 0.28g BBs, which still has some margin for finetuning. But what really impressed me was the consistency. Every shot was between 115.2-115.7m/s

Also when the gun is willing to work with the magazines properly, the range and accuracy is astonishing, thanks to the 6.01 inner barrel and r-hop. Still have to bite the bullet and buy better magazines for the gun as the G&Ps dont want to work well enough, even though they are all limited to max 90 BBs from the original 140. I was thinking Marui short regular magazines.

The problems with the gun shorting ie. shooting FA on semi was solved by changing to a better lubricant and letting the guns parts wear in. Front end has still some need for adjustments as the outer/inner barrel have little play between them.

Externally its the same as in pictures except I bought a standard DPMS pistol grip, which I am going to stipple to my liking.

Internally I have few gripes about the system. The bolt travel distance is a tad bit too short to my liking, just a bit shorter than in Sun Projects for example. Also I have a little modification I have to try once I get an extra part to try it on, atm this particular part creates a little air pocket which slows down the bolt when it is hitting forward, which results in a dampened, less striking sound. I dont know how this affects the consistency, if I end up shortening this piece, but I'll have to try once I get my hands on it. I have already done the same thing to my AK which performs nicely, though cannot comment on its consistency as its hop rubber has been torn for a long time. which hasnt managed to bother me yet.

Archived