SA58: Quality Power vs Classic Army

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea they had a rail on the other side! But I imagine they have a pair of bolts on the inside?

Utty, how in gods name is it possible to upgrade these guns with new wiring and suchlike? I wanted to overhaul the internals but at this point, im scared to even split the recievers apart again!

Edited by ollie_ty

How well is this supplied magazine wise?

CA have kind of a bad history when it comes to accessories.

So far I have only found hicaps, ans I don't like those.

I might go for a QP with folding stock, but if there are no low or midcaps available, then I won't buy it.

I had no idea they had a rail on the other side! But I imagine they have a pair of bolts on the inside?

Utty, how in gods name is it possible to upgrade these guns with new wiring and suchlike? I wanted to overhaul the internals but at this point, im scared to even split the recievers apart again!

There's no rail on the plain hand guard. :)

Don't be afraid bro, just open that sucker up again and practice arranging the wires until it's routine. I know it's kinda harrowing at first, but it's really no problem once you get the hang of it. Maybe it's worse with the folding stock version? I imagine so, have fun with that. I only have the fixed stock versions. :D

How well is this supplied magazine wise?

CA have kind of a bad history when it comes to accessories.

So far I have only found hicaps, ans I don't like those.

I might go for a QP with folding stock, but if there are no low or midcaps available, then I won't buy it.

Go to UNCompany and get your midcaps.

As for the 1000 round long hicaps - they look awesome, but they're really not that great. They certainly can't empty their load on a single winding (because they use the same mechanism as the 500 round mags, I guess).

There's no rail on the plain hand guard. :)

Don't be afraid bro, just open that sucker up again and practice arranging the wires until it's routine. I know it's kinda harrowing at first, but it's really no problem once you get the hang of it. Maybe it's worse with the folding stock version? I imagine so, have fun with that. I only have the fixed stock versions. :D

Ya the fixed stock version isnt bad at all, no worse than a G36.

I've put a midcap in a long 1000rd hi-cap and beeen using it quite some time now, no issues so far. It's not that difficult but you have to be verry careful with removing material. You have to remove a lot of material and the wand of the BB channel will become flinter thin. Never ever put BB's in the midcap to check it's function without putting it in the hi-cap shell first otherwise the BB's will burst through that weak flinter thin wand. The top of the midcap will not sit flush with the 1000rd hi cap shell but its only 1degree of.

But don't worry because of this the mag will fit verry secure in the magwell without wobble.

About the quality of CA SA58 midcap's.

I found the plastic to be of a softer kind and brittle, chips break of easily. Some of the plastic of my mag's are chipped. Also the magazine springs become weak over time. I always unload my magazines after a game. So far I haven't had any feeding issues with these midcaps. Holds on to wood.

• 3 weeks later...

you could try this, actually it is very easy to take out the gearbox.

Only upon reassembling the wires, which you will lack, can make it tricky.

And my FAL arrived today after being on vacation at hotel Customs for 3 weeks.

308kz14.jpg

• 2 months later...

Brought my QP FAL Carbine I bought for spare parts from the customs. I have to say it's a really nice replica and is almost 100% compatible with the CA. I did have to file off a bit of the chamber guide rod in order to fit the Lower Receiver in but not a big issue.

Is it worth the buy? Absolutely! No trademarks but basically the same as the CA with minor differences.

The issue I had is threads stripping all the bloody time! Ive had to epoxy nuts inside the receiver so i can actually screw in top cover screws. Also ive epoxied the front RIS screws shut because they started stripping aswell. Ive got a CA SA58 on the way, I think im just going to pop in a BTC Spectre so I dont have to hack away at EVERYTHING to get a MOSFET in there like I did with the QP.

The issue I had is threads stripping all the bloody time! Ive had to epoxy nuts inside the receiver so i can actually screw in top cover screws. Also ive epoxied the front RIS screws shut because they started stripping aswell. Ive got a CA SA58 on the way, I think im just going to pop in a BTC Spectre so I dont have to hack away at EVERYTHING to get a MOSFET in there like I did with the QP.

Guess what? Just a few minutes ago I've opened the Top Cover of the QP spare gun to check something and when I was going to screw it back on most of the threads were broken. Only 4 screws fitted and you can feel that there is next to no resistance when attempting to screw them tight. Good thing the CA does not have this problem.

Edited by Probotector
  • 2 weeks later...