GBB Spring

futbolpunk

Is this the spring that goes on the guide rod that pushes the slide forward? If so, your FPS will be decreased since it will take more gas to push it back. Usually adding a high flow valve will help, and give you a nice crisp blowback with either better FPS or the same as before. That turns it into a gas hog however. Just, like r1ckchard has stated, search around on retailers for the proper spring. Now if I'm talking about the wrong spring, sorry. I'm not as good with GBBs as I am with other guns heh.

Well, I looked around redwolf and WGC, but I didn't know what it was called, nor did I find any springs for GBBs (I could have sworn I had seen them before).

Gee, thanks for the pointless flaming, even when I obviously didn't have a *fruitcage* clue.

Tripod, yeah, it's the spring that pushes on the slide. If it will use more gas, that's the last thing I need because my M93 has a metal slide allready and it takes a lot to move that beast. Thanks.

That would be the recoil spring as you correctly guessed in your earlier post. Some GBBs have 130%, 150%, 170% recoil springs, others have one that's just "enhanced." By upgrading the recoil spring, you shouldn't be using anymore gas, but more of the gas may be used in moving the slide.

If any of this info is wrong, feel free to correct it.

Yeah yeah that's right. It's basicly what I said, however I did it less clearly. Basicly more gas will go into the blowback chamber than behind the BB in order to compress the recoil spring. Otherwise you'd have an NBB that you have to cock each round. If you want to keep or improve your FPS, with a better recoil, then use green gas, "enhanced' recoil spring, and high flow valve. You may even get improved FPS.

DENTrinity is a good place to look for parts like that.

When my glock mag catch died they not only had the stock KSC catch they also had several alloy versions. They seemed to have the same variety of every other GBB part you can think of.

I also bought my metal slide, recoil spring, and blowback springs at the same time. When it comes to random small spares DENTrinity seem to be the place to go.

What gun is it for?

The normal path of events is as follows:-

Buy metal slide for GBB.

Discover recoil action is now sluggish.

Buy stronger recoil spring.

Discover gun now either doesn't cycle properly or fails to lock back when mag is empty.

Buy or adapt valve hi-flow or (if you weren't before) use green gas.

Relax and smile at creating cool gun.

You did mention it ;)

You might want to consider high flow valves and/or a stronger hammer spring, too, as they will release MORE gas per shot, allowing the gun to have enough to fire at decent fps and STILL push the slide through a full cycle.

The problem isn't likely to be reduced fps (there's not a clever little computer in there saying "Right the spring's strong, so I need to save this much gas for blowback"), but insufficient force in the cycle.

The blowback happens once the BB's been fired (that's what the blowback engine, does basically), so the SAME amount of gas will be used to fire the BB, but you might NOT have enough to push the slide back with enough force to complete the cycle).

Cheers

Archived