KWA LM4 PTR GBB

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

You really need to tone down your intake of the KWA kool-aid, greatwatermelon.

This looks like a nice piece but let's not kid ourselves (or try to deceive others), that this is some spectacular, KWA-pixie-dust-sprinkled, ground-up design GBBR. It's a WA-system gun with all-steel internals, not exactly a revolution.

• Like 1

Whatever the hell system it uses, it's a reasonable price, it looks nice, the hop system is apparently good and it seems to work well so far. It'll be like all the other GBBR M4's currently available; Either good out the box or cheap out the box, but absolutely fine with the right user, the right parts, the right tuning and the right maintenance. And also the right price, obviously.

The KSC/KWA seems to come with a lot of good, including a lot of steel and solid mags - However, a steel BCG is a bugger in the UK, so if it is at least similar to the WA system and can be fitted with a modded or not WA alu bolt or carrier, it'll be a lot better for people in the cold.

Whether it's flawless, needs a tweak or two, or needs a full RA-tech makeover is what's important really... The fact it has a steel FCG and a decent magazine are a very good start though.

Brigg, you managed to have a proper shoot yet?

Honestly how can you revolutionize a GBB m4? Its highly unlikely we'll ever see a revolutionary m4 gas system so evolution is really all we're going to get. The fact that KWA giving us a great product right out of the box is great news.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Ummm NO, KSC R&D the M4, KWA made it better with further R&D. KSC is NOT a rebrand of KWA. Historically KSC did all the R&D and KWA did the manufacturing. Last 4-5 years, KWA began their own R&D team, Kriss is an example of that. Go read up KWA central.

Until someone have both side to side to compare I will say that's not the case, from reports, KWAUSA import the M4 and install upgrade, meaning core component is still the same. Just because you swap a baseplate from HK germany made to HK US made does not mean it's enhanced (in reference to US Heckler&Koch firearms and 922r)

Should I read the article I wrote, again? Apparently you did not read my own article correctly... Pay attention to past tense and present tense. This is middle school grammar.

Many of you tell me not to create facts, yet some of you guys are doing the exact same. I'll tone down the Kool-Aid, and come back later.

Edited by greatwatermelon

Should I read the article I wrote, again? Apparently you did not read my own article correctly... Pay attention to past tense and present tense. This is middle school grammar.

I used yours article as a starting point, you made some contradicting statement between the one you posted here and the one you wrote. And I do apologize my English is not the best, I guess I'm at a grammar forum.

And also, the whole ATF-approve is to me complete BS. There's no difference between ATF approved King Arms M4 GBB and non-approved King Arms M4 GBB.

Honestly how can you revolutionize a GBB m4? Its highly unlikely we'll ever see a revolutionary m4 gas system so evolution is really all we're going to get. The fact that KWA giving us a great product right out of the box is great news.

regulated HPA magazine....

Edited by kullwarrior

I am not just saying this because I own one, but the KJW system did deviate from the other GBB systems out at the time. It was most definitely more of a revolution than just an evolution. Its v1 bolt changed the game for GBB m4 reliability but took away from the look and feel of a realistic BCG.

The KWA, just from the videos, looks promising. I have a strong distrust for the WA system but I think it can be improved. It seems KWA may have done some things to improve its GBBr's skirmishability. In the vids I witnessed, I saw little cool down and the ability to empty magazines. I even saw FPS consistency I have to say I am somewhat impressed with. I also suspect that the recoil is much harder than the KJW's from what I saw. I would love to see an in depth review on performance.

it seems like it's a modified version of the WA system, which is a modified version of the real one. But why on earth are we still catching the carrier instead of the nozzle? (or the bolt on the real thing) Getting robust internals and good gas efficiency is key here! Hmm... If gas suffers from cool down, I wonder if we can use something else... like maybe caps? i.e. model guns? if it has enough force to drive a carrier back, then I'm sure it'll have enough force to expel a bb at decent velocities!

Not sure how much the bolt got heavier (as it is steel in KWA), but my KSC with a japanese BGC can send out a full mag on rapid fire on semi without problems. Cool-down is not a real issue with this platform.

I even used the gun in January in close to 0 degree flawlessly. My point is that the construction of the KSC one is great, reading all these improvements the KWA one has, you are really lucky in the US.

The KWA magazine if I see well is the latest generation one with polymer upper part.

It was introduced with the KSC M4 CQB-R which got most of the improvements you see in the KWA version now. And that was released last summer, almost a year ago only in Japan. The improved KSC hopup was also introduced with that gun. And with the STI pistol afaik.

If someone could show me the manual of the KWA, I could tell what other improvements have been made or carried over from the CQB-R.

Edited by emp3ror86

Why is everyone saying its a WA system gun? Im pretty sure the internals are not compatible at all.

They're not saying it IS the WA system, more that it appears to be a modified/tweaked version of it. There are definitely similarities in a few areas, but that doesn't mean anything is or isn't compatible... Spose we'll have to wait and see if there's any cross-compatibility on the platforms.

I received my KWA LM4 today and noticed something weird.

When the gun is not cocked I can only switch between semi and full auto, I can not switch to safe.

If I cock the weapon I can then switch to safe, semi, or full.

For this reason, I cannot have the weapon is safe and not cocked.

This dosn't seem normal to me, has anyone else run into this issue?

I received my KWA LM4 today and noticed something weird.

When the gun is not cocked I can only switch between semi and full auto, I can not switch to safe.

If I cock the weapon I can then switch to safe, semi, or full.i

For this reason, I cannot have the weapon is safe and not cocked.

This dosn't seem normal to me, has anyone else run into this issue?

It's intentional as the real AR is also unable to as well.

I discovered this when playing with a WE, technically makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure if there were specific mechanical reasons for designing it that way (on the RS) but if you think about it, why would you put a gun on safe when the hammer isn't cocked (excluding double action pistols)? If the hammer isn't cocked then the bolt/firing pin are fully engaged so the chamber is either empty, or closed on a fired round. When the hammer is cocked and the bolt closed the firing pin is either going to hit air, or a round so that is when you want to have something stopping you from pulling the trigger (mechanical safety).

Yes indeed. As stated before, AR platforms in the real world cannot be put on safe when not cocked. Every Gas M4 Ive encountered replicates that same action so rest assured, there is nothing wrong with your LM4

The only AR in the exception list is H&K416, and it's MR (Match Rifle) series.