KWA LM4 PTR GBB

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

Just to be clear, you broke two products over the WEEKEND and the company that made them didn't get back to you over their WEEKEND? Do you work weekends? Most people don't you know. And it can take any company days to weeks to get back to customers regarding warranty issues. It happens all the time with any industry. I know it's frustrating when something you buy breaks, but not all companies have a dozen sales staff waiting on the line to address any issue. Issues are addressed by one or two people in the order that they are received. It's not perfect, but that's reality.

Regarding the sights, is it possible you over tightened/over torqued them on when installing them? I've seen that happen to real sights too. If you exceed the foot pounds / torque specs the material was designed for ... that unfortunately would fall into the category of user error. If installed properly and they broke due to a manufacturer's defect and it happened within 90 days of purchase, that's a definite warranty issue.

Bladerunner: that's weird. I've installed a few RS grips on mine without any issue. Are you using the LM4's OEM screw? It's possible that the new screw is too long and therefore the grip isn't fully attached. Perhaps you need some washers between the screw and grip to act as spacers? Can you elaborate on the wobble?

Edited by uscmCorps
  • Like 1

Probably because I have a 20% coupon code. also, the last time I drove to either one of those places down bellow, we were standing in line for almost 2 hours. Plus, I had my 3 year old toddler running around the store with my poor wife trying to keep up. With Kali gas prices, shipping is cheaper.

In all honestly, I'm quite excited about this platform. I believe it to be a progression. I own quite a few Magna & WE Techs M4s so I'm not biased. It will be very interesting what aftermarket and upgrade parts will be available for this platform. Although that 3 piece upper really needs to go.

I think this platform is a great platform because of it's gas efficiency. But other than that, we just need other manufacturers to adopt this platform! But oh well, i'll just stick to my gas non-efficient magna guns (my 2 Inokatsu's) and call it a day once everything is done...

It was just my frustration and disappointment I expressed in the wrong place and method which I am sorry for. According to my experiences with HK customer support, I am pretty much left with two broken original PTS sights. (I really would like to apologize to Magpul PTS in the end). I thought I bought quality products.

I was not forcing it, I have built and repaired a few AEGs and GBBs before. The first time I installed them they could take it. After I broke the first one the second sight broke so easily like it was made of cheap plastic. I was paying close attention and the line between breaking it and securing tightly just went gone. Or so small that my muscle control was not good enough to it. Which would be funny because I repair much more fragile stuff at work.

Sorry for the off.

Ive noticed that real steel stock pistol grips seem to be a slight bit too narrow for the LM4. they will attach and fit snug, but they don't sit flush with the receiver, which is a bit annoying since the KWA ones feel slightly off. I suppose I can deal with it though.

Ive noticed that real steel stock pistol grips seem to be a slight bit too narrow for the LM4. they will attach and fit snug, but they don't sit flush with the receiver, which is a bit annoying since the KWA ones feel slightly off. I suppose I can deal with it though.

What grip are you using? All the LM4's I have been seeing with real AR pistol grips, have been flushed.

What grip are you using? All the LM4's I have been seeing with real AR pistol grips, have been flushed.

Its a regular standard AR15 pistol grip. nothing special about it. But the grip itself is not quite as wide as the lower receiver on the LM4, so theres a bit of a step or space and it doesnt quite sit right.

• 3 weeks later...

Step by step on what you need to do, if you want to modify the bolt catch to engage better and how to enable a function with the charging handle that KWA forgot about.

Firstly, that's a fantastically produced video, exceptionally well presented, very simple to follow and the intro is quite frankly badass.

Secondly, seeing the ease of disassembly as well as the simplicity of the mod has really made me consider whether or not I should move away from the WA system and re-invest in the KWA.. I've been lurking in this thread, and the more I'm reading it, the more I'm beginning to think it'd be a damn fine idea. Has anyone got any news or rumours on a trademarked lower receiver? That and the sheer love of my gun are about the only two things holding me back...

• Like 1

Non-ATF approved items come through all the time. With that said, its still a gamble and is a matter of who wants to take it. There are quite a few non-ATF approved Asian version KWA Magpul editions floating around out there. If anything, I'd be curious to know what are the diffences between the two.

What that Magpul Edition needs is either a MUR or Noveske upper. I'd then be all over it.

The US Customs seizing copyright infringing items inbound into the USA is one thing. And is definitely a gamble. Them seizing non-ATF approved items that they have classified as illegal importation of firearms (regardless of our intended end use) is a risk on another level. I just worry about the day they may decide to escalate matters beyond seizure ... like fines or worse. Sounds extreme, but in this US political climate around gun control, and especially given recent events, it wouldn't shock me in the least.