KWA LM4 PTR GBB

I could see an M16 length barrel being desireable to a lot of people, myself included. Since the stock barrel covers the 14.5 and 10.5 inch barrel lengths Im not sure it would make much sense to produce those.

Also, Dangerwerx, Do you do any custom orders? I am in need of an aluminum (Or similar metal) gas bulb for a VFC Mp5, as the plastic ones keep blowing in half on me.I could provide several plastic ones for reference. Is it possible to contact you for something like this?

Gas bulbs blowing apart is a common problem on the Mp5 if you install an aluminum loading nozzle.

Edited by Brigg
  • Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

So far RA-Tech and KM Head make inner barrels, no one has a 100% compatible outer barrel. The Guarder and other KSC made outer barrels fit with some modification.

Hmm, No outer barrels yet... I'll look into that.

I'd like to made a consistent SPR as well as an indoor shorty M4.

I could see an M16 length barrel being desireable to a lot of people, myself included. Since the stock barrel covers the 14.5 and 10.5 inch barrel lengths Im not sure it would make much sense to produce those.

Same here

Also, Dangerwerx, Do you do any custom orders? I am in need of an aluminum (Or similar metal) gas bulb for a VFC Mp5, as the plastic ones keep blowing in half on me.I could provide several plastic ones for reference. Is it possible to contact you for something like this?

Gas bulbs blowing apart is a common problem on the Mp5 if you install an aluminum loading nozzle.

Shoot me a Pm, lets take this off the thread to keep it clean.

Sorry double post forgot the pic with the can.

Digging the finish on the can. There are so many ways to achieve that affect. Which route did you take to get that result? Your's came out great!

I've been contemplating reproducing my Magpul FDE AEG with an LM4 since I've mostly switched over to this platform. So many projects, so little time. LOL

I really like the BCM Gun Fighter Grip. LMK if you want any help with stippling the grip. I do my own grips often (pic 1, pic 2). I'd do it FOC.

i tried cooking it on a stove before painting it to see it i could just get it to acctualy burn but it was no dice even after getting almost red hot. so i just painted it with a bas or tan krylon and dusted the tip evenly around until it looked "burned". i think it came out pretty good.

as for the stippleing, i did it to the stock a2 grip after sanding the finger nub that alwyas just seemed to cramp my hand after extended use, did the same to my kjw glock. now i just have to stipple all my grips cause i love the feel.

Have you guys done any hop up accuracy mods to your KWAs? If so, what?

I'm of the belief that the accuracy of the gun depends on 3 factors working together: barrel, hop, and bb consistency.

Using the same bbs on my KJW, I have near pinpoint accuracy and consistency so that eliminates the bb problem.

What were your results from changing the barrel and/ or messing with the hop? (I have the KWA LM4 Magpul edition)

Thanks!

Edited by freon

I like the look of the laser at the rear, however in that position I was seeing a lot of splash from the laser on the rail and as you pointed out, my hand would block it if I changed shoulders. My support hand would also block the IR laser and I'd see even more obvious splash on the rail when using NODs. This is definitely where rail real estate can be an issue. A rail too short (like a carbine rail) makes placement very limited.

Jump to timecode 1:30 in this video to see the gun with laser in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHWvy6rEDfo&list=PLuFas0M4aXSSjfi3A79er6Bu1FqwHf8U4&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Configured as is, it works, but could be better. I later moved the laser to the front of the rail and have used it in that way since.

(Quick note about the video: It was a CQB Team Tactics Course taught by Tyler Grey, recently retired US Forces Tier 1 Operator. The Course was tailored specifically for RS shooters. Student demographics: LE/MIL personnel, former PSD contractors, and RS shooting enthusiasts. In these scenarios, all participants are told to ignore the incoming hits they receive and follow through with the exercise to understand the fundamentals of CQB movement and the inherent risks involved with executing these maneuvers.

This video is the condensed version of the helmet cam footage covering just the action of the drills and none of the lengthy after action debrief with the instructor. Performance-wise, some things were done right but there were several mistakes throughout too. See my youTube channel to see the full videos including the AAR debrief after each drill by the instructor.)

I've been looking for an M203 to fit on the LM4 for a while now, And finally got a chance to test my friend's Dboys 3-in-1 on it. To my surprise, we actually got it to mount fine. I had tried the Echo-1 flavor of the 3-in-1 in the past and it didnt work.. So I ordered a Dboys, and hopefully it wasnt jusrt a fluke that my friend's fit.

Are there any other ways to reconcile the LM4 barrel with something like a CA barrel mounted M203 though? Im wondering this out of curiousity because Im not sure if i wasted my money or not, as I have a CA M203 sitting on the shelf. I know the obvious answer is to get a rail mounted 203, however, those sit far too low for it to be comfortable, or natural, to use.

Also, Dangerwerx, I sent you a PM.

Edited by Brigg

The issue was the CA army doesnt actually stay on the LM4 barrel. in the back near the barrel nut, the 203 prongs dont match the barrel, which wouldnt be as big a problem, except that the lug that sits inside the barrel nut notches sits too low. meaning there is not way for it to stay securely.

There would have to be an adaptor made for the LM4 barrel like you need for most other guns in order to use the CA. But none exist, and the LM4 barrel has a taper where it would sit, so its not even a question of simply dremelling an existing adaptor to be larger.

I think I found the culprit. I don't know why KWA used a ball-bearing spacer but I know this to be a poor choice for a hop spacer. I'm getting me the RA tech hop unit to replace.

This is a dated picture of my LM4. I replaced the MOE (not fond of it at all) with a Noveske Rail. It went on nicely but the screws to hold the rails in place were a bit too long and needed washers. I've since replaced the aimpoint with a T1 and added a small flashlight.

Working on:

• Aimpoint magnifier
  • suppressor
  • hop and barrel unit

KWA_LM4_MPE_02_zps734b0d0e.jpg

you know now i need to go mess around with my peq, i like it where it is now but for how i run the switch for my scout light i can hit it fine with my support hand shooting from my strong side (righty) but i cant for the life of me hit it running the other shoulder without reaching over the peq.

too far back and the lazer hits the corner of my front sight, too far forward and i cant hole the weapon the way i like. i took some vids down range to see the change in tone with and without the foam filled can and there is definatly a difference, ill upload them later and post them up

Edited by -wigs-