KWA LM4 PTR GBB

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

Well at LandWarrior, the standard LM4 was £365, and the PTS was £490... I can see it being on the unfortunate side of £600... Still, considering mine tallies up to:

LM4 - £365

Rail - £100

MOE Stock - £60

MOE Grip - £25

BUIS - £15

Which makes £565. If you're after a plain-jane M4 or one with a few basic bits, it won't be a good idea. But personally I'd be quite happy to pay £6-700 for what you get with the package, assuming the complete rifle has the same specs as the one pictured.

Yeah tbh I think im after pretty much exactly that style setup with a few minor changes ( Will a GBB Spec UBR stock go on an LM4?) So it probably would be worth it.

Plus theres the Big Pimpin' factor, which cannot be ignored.

GBB UBR's go on LM4's, as long as it's a genuine PTS one, people have had issues fitting clone ones from what I've seen on t'interwebs.

Holy hot-damn that looks good; Definitely picking one of those up once they're released. Where's USCM to tell us how long it'll be? :P

To be honest if they're knocking that out as a whole gun, I might just pick up the entire thing - I get a bonus in March, and that looks like an excellent way to spend it. 

These are preliminary pre-production samples that are going to Shot Show for final approval by Mega Arms. They were rushed out the door by KWA to make the deadline and KWA did a really fantastic job on them. The guns will be complete guns. Not sure on MSRP yet. Since these are finished working units, the timeline should be pretty quick depending on KWA's production schedule. The rails are the PTS Rainier Arms (licensed) Evolution rails which are hard annodized, light and strong. We're still unclear if the guns will ship with this exact rail or if a new proprietary Mega Arms (licensed) rail will go with the gun. Mega Arms kinda went through a lot over the last year dealing with the LMT monolithic upper patent (which might be overturned if Colt's comes to pass thereby nullifying LMT's ... and Colt's own for that matter). As a result, the planned monolithic upper for the first series Mega Arms guns were set aside in favor of the billet style upper and lowers they already make. The skeletonized trigger is also a Mega Arms aesthetic. IMO, the PTS Mega Arms guns came out great. I have video of them being test fired but I don't know if I can share those yet. Performance is essentially the same as a regular LM4.

There will be other Shot Show announcements coming soon for other products. Some I'm equally excited about as I am about this Mega Arms release.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Since buying my LM4 I'm thoroughly converted to the KWA system, and the Mega Arms Carbine really does look awesome. The only minor gripe besides the upper receiver rail I can find on my LM4 is the KWA trademarks, and I've learned to live with those. The MA receiver looks all kinds of awesome, and I've already got mags. I'm a sucker for nice marks and detailing, and the MA carbine is covered in both, so I'm ridiculously excited. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind the 3 piece upper if it wasn't for the wobble in the rail; I'm about to attempt Akira's fix for that, but it is a little irritating. Not a deal breaker at all, and it's not like Airsoft guns are accurate enough for it to have much of a noticeable effect, but a one piece upper would just be even more of a reason to buy the MA carbine. Not like I need more reasons, it's an LM4 and it looks hella badass. That's entirely reason enough for me :P

The frog lube isn't damaging to your seals and other non-RS parts?  When I owned my WOC I had to steer far clear of real steel products because the majority of them are destructive to o-rings, plastics, etc.

I jumped on the grenade and tried out FrogLube when a lot of people were considering it, it's an excellent product. I've been using it in my LM4 maybe less than a month after purchasing it and it's great. A big difference is that it's not petroleum based like other real steel products and is even edible and bio-degradable. I've also been using it on my KWA HK45 and my MP7 (before I sold it) and never had a single issue with it. 

FrogLube is good stuff but it's basis of lubrication is for internal and frictional heat to consistently return it from a gummy like state to a low viscosity state. You don't really get that happening to the same degree with GBBs and therefore while FrogLube works, it's not working at the optimal state it was designed for. Since switching over to FireClean I've been curious to see how it'd work with GBBRs. It stays put on the moving parts better than most other lubes I've used and doesn't get gummy at all. I'm just not sure how it does with o-rings.

Interesting.  I am considering diving down the GBBR hole again; it's been a few years and it looks like maybe KWA has addressed a couple of the major problems that always made it a pretty un-fun experience for me.  Great posts here, keep it up!

I'd say go for it, especially in the US. I've had first hand experience of all the major GBBR platforms (Except the KJW), and the KWA hands down wins in my opinion. It's very reasonably priced for what it is, has steel parts in all the necessary places, a grin-inducing kick, a very well thought out design and easy to work on magazines, if you need to work on them at all.

I had a G&P WOC for a year, and whilst it was fantastic, I can't help but feel I got slightly lucky. Even then, the magwell required a bit of electrical tape to keep the magazines sitting properly and feeding correctly; It was also more prone to venting gas despite the much lighter bolt and required work to the hop unit. Whilst the externals were a little nicer, and with work the range and accuracy was very similar, the KWA has the performance out of the box, and still looks damn good.

The only gripes I can find with the KWA so far are the three piece upper receiver (not a big deal really, just a minor annoyance), and the trademarks, which are pretty much a non-issue.