KWA LM4 PTR GBB

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

You could email or call them, I have a complete secondary bolt from them. One shoots 350fps for CQB and the other 400fps for field use.

To clarify, the 350 FPS bolt was one you worked on, right? When you got it from KWA it was identical in performance and all?

Edited by John_234

For winter operation: have you guys tried cutting recoil springs?

Edit: I wonder why the why the LM4 version of the lightweight bolt is not released yet when they are made in the same factory. :)

But I also do not understand why the US market had to wait half a year for the CQBR outer barrel which was in production a year before the release of the LM4.

Edited by emp3ror86

For winter operation: have you guys tried cutting recoil springs?

Edit: I wonder why the why the LM4 version of the lightweight bolt is not released yet when they are made in the same factory. :)

But I also do not understand why the US market had to wait half a year for the CQBR outer barrel which was in production a year before the release of the LM4.

The wait more then likely was just so KWA could spread around their releases for the year instead of having a giant gap between the LM4 and the Vector.

My LM4 is still having double feed problems on full auto. I havent been able to sort them out and KWA has been out of stock on all the parts I wanted to try replacing. So mine is more or less stuck on semi auto. It suits my playstyle though so its not the end of the world I suppose.

I understand the financial and business decisions behind their actions yet I do not agree with it.

You need to provide more information about the problem. What type of magazines do you use? What quality BB and what type of propellant? Do you see any damage or deformation on your magazine feed lips, nozzle or on the feed ramp of the receiver?

I was bored so I polished the face of my Guarder steel trigger to a mirror finish. The pull is EXTREMELY smooth and the best part is if you pull the trigger right before the breaking point and release, it'll reset.

I'll let you guys know if this causes any damage.

Also my trigger, disconnector, and hammer have no signs of damage after my last trigger job.

That idea sounds really good. Akira, could you show a picture about the polished part, please?

emp3ror86, I believe it is the same spot as the AR-15 triggers. You would polish the very front face of the trigger bar and where it contacts on the hammer, (sorry for lack of nomenclature) the little notch face on the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Awwww shucks <3

Back on topic, does anyone use anything heavier than a .3 in their LM4? I've bought some Madbull .4's, but the standard bucking isn't really providing enough lift, and I feel I could get another decent chunk of useful range out of it... If anyone runs .36's or .4's, any suggestions?

See I've been using .3's, but frankly at my local site I need something with a bit more wallop... .4's are travelling a decent distance, but with no upward flick. I imagine with a bit more hop I'd get a decent bit more range, and with excellent accuracy 'n all. Wondering if another bucking might not be a bad idea.

Failing that, I may just invest in a red bean...