KWA LM4 PTR GBB

Those of you who use a suppressor replica on your guns, coud you help share your experience, please? Does a tube with foam in it at the end of the barrel reduce the sound in any level?

Also does anyone know any reliable statement or information about the receivers being upgraded by KWA?

Edited by emp3ror86
  • Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

It does but not significantly, I did tests and from 15' away it reduced the decibels by 3db. Also it takes away some of the snap of the barrel report. From longer ranges the difference is a little more noticeable though its not significant mostly since most of the noise is the cycling. This was done with the AAC suppressor replica by PTS.

Im going to complete some modifications soon in attempts to supress the noise even more.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

It does slightly, realy you get more of the "hiss" that a real gun makes with a can. For an example of what I mean look for the level zero Heros vid where they are behind that long burm with a bunch of block 2 m4s using kac cans.

Edit: here you go

When I can get on my desktop I'll post the vid from my gun

Edited by -wigs-

I just had a look.  He's right.

PTS have done AAC stuff before.  So now they're working with KWA as well....??

They are indeed; PTS are working with KWA for the Mega Arms LM4, and they're also doing the Raptor C/H and a revised ASAP suitable for the LM4 as well... Good news all round!

Apologies for the double post;

When it comes to lowering FPS, what's everyone doing?

At the moment I've chopped the inner barrel, which is keeping it around 340-350 on colder days, but as spring is coming, I need something to drop it a bit more, and I'm also planning on picking up a Guarder 6.02. 

I know there's the heat shrink mod to the valve; Can somebody detail this at all? 

On another note, does anyone know if the Dangerwerx low power valve will work on this?

I had new flute valves made to decrease FPS. You can see them in my cqb-r review topic.

Guarder barrel will not work with new gen. hopup.

Yeah I did see that, they look like pretty much the same thing as the Dangerwerx valve which I can get hold of reasonably easily, I was just wondering if there were any size differences or anything between the stock one and the DW valve. Shame about the barrel; Are there any ~300mm's that'll work with the new hop unit?

Mine is has NPAS fitted, works well.

I've thought about an NPAS, but it's $89... I'd prefer to go the way of a flute valve if it's possible, but the adjustability would be nice. Take it no mods were required for fitting or anything?

No modifications were required but I have the Asian version of the LM4.

On another note, I've lost the ball bearing to my hop  :o

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Loose+Balls+&+Rollers-All+Hardened+Steel+Ball+Bearings/c23_5005/index.html

:)

*edit* I can't remember the size but I believe it's either 0.79 or 1mm.

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 1

DW Valve will drop you to low 300's, the best free method is to cut the rocket valve spring. 1-1.5 loops should do the trick.

Also just cut the RA-Tech barrel, its super simple and if you have no tools will cost you about $8 or so for the cutter and piece to crown it.

DW Valve will drop you to low 300's, the best free method is to cut the rocket valve spring. 1-1.5 loops should do the trick.

Also just cut the RA-Tech barrel, its super simple and if you have no tools will cost you about $8 or so for the cutter and piece to crown it.

I'd like to go for around 350 on a hot day ideally - I'll give cutting the valve spring a go once I get my TB and Chrono in, that definitely sounds like the easiest way! Thanks for the tip man.

As for barrel cutting, I use a hacksaw and my K-bar to scrape the burrs out - I've used this method on many AEG barrels, my WOC barrel and now my LM4 barrel. The end of the inner looks like utter , but the lack of a crown has never had the slightest effect on accuracy in any gun I've had. I won't go and say a properly crowned barrel is a bad thing, but in all my experience as long as it's cut square and the burring on the inside of the barrel is removed it's always been fine..

They are indeed; PTS are working with KWA for the Mega Arms LM4, and they're also doing the Raptor C/H and a revised ASAP suitable for the LM4 as well... Good news all round!

lol, KWA can fix the compatibility issue with a small re design of their reciever. it took me 5 minutes with a dremmel to make an ASAP fit onto the one i had.

Anyone else not having their bolt lock back when empty?

While troubleshooting, I noticed that when racking the charging handle quickly back and forth with empty mag inserted, the BCG would bump against the bolt catch and continue forward into battery. I removed the BCG and noticed the bolt carrier is rounded off where it would catch on the bolt catch. I'm going to square it up with a file and see if it holds up with further testing.

Edited by WTF?Shane

20130218_000456_zpsb844d81d.jpg

A couple of magazines went with the person I sold one of my three LM4's to. One 40rd mag went to a user off of a different site. 

I still have a total of 17 mags on hand. 5 brand new 40rd magazines, 5 used 38rd P-Mags, and 7 used 40rd magazines :P

I still have two LM4's....one LM4C and the other is a Magpul Version LM4.

Ended up selling one of my LM4C's to make room for an old gun I sold my buddy a couple of years back. It was a good trade off as I got my KJW M4 GBBR back...after a couple of years, the magazines are still leak free. Gun was wobbly. Cleaned the threads on the upper receiver, used spacers for the outer barrel...upper receiver is back to being as solid as when it was new. Cleaned the threads on the lower receiver and buffer tube. Applied blue loctite and voila....KJW M4 is back to being as good as new.

Everything was in tact. Did some extra modifications and pow! It's shooting 330-340 at about 60 degrees Fahrenheit using .20g BBs.  But yeah...$250 for my old KJW M4 CQBR with 3x 38rd magazines....was on the expensive side (as I sold the gun to my buddy for $300 when it was near new with a rifle case I did not get back and a missing plunger for the loading tool which is fine as I just use the plunger off of my KWA LM4 loading tool) but I don't care. I got a gun that I sorely missed back.