KWA LM4 PTR GBB

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! I've recently acquired an LM4 finally and have a quick question to ask you! I want to change the barrel down to a CQBR, I heard the OEM outer barrel is a two part to take it down to a 10" but I don't want to start mangling the barrel if that isn't the case! Can someone please confirm this for me? I can see what looks like a join but im not sure. 

Also if it is a two part, whats the easiest way to get them separate? 

Cheers!

Hi guys! I've recently acquired an LM4 finally and have a quick question to ask you! I want to change the barrel down to a CQBR, I heard the OEM outer barrel is a two part to take it down to a 10" but I don't want to start mangling the barrel if that isn't the case! Can someone please confirm this for me? I can see what looks like a join but im not sure. 

Also if it is a two part, whats the easiest way to get them separate? 

Cheers!

It is a two part barrel, but in my case, it was exceptionally difficult to remove. It was threadlocked on, and I ended up ruining the extension despite wrapping it in electrical tape when using pliers... Might be easier for you, or heating the barrel could work. Either way, once it's removed you'll also need to replace or cut down the inner barrel.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the thread direction off the top of my head... I think it's negative, but I can't confirm that so find out first!

On the 14.5" LM4 carbine, the extension is about 5" in length. So once you remove the extension, the outer barrel is about 9.5" In length. The seam between outer barrel and the extension is normally concealed by the fixed front sight post. So if you want a 10.5" outer barrel you will need to cut down (or replace) the inner barrel, and swap the 5" carbine extension for a 1" long 14mm counterclockwise extension.

To get the barrel extension off, use a heat gun.

• Like 1

I don't know if any manufacturer currently makes a one piece KWA/KSC 10.5" outer barrel. The LM4 CQBR's outer barrel is also made up of the barrel plus the 1" extension.

The gas rod is pinned into the fixed front sight like it should be on a real AR from what I recall.

I don't know if any manufacturer currently makes a one piece KWA/KSC 10.5" outer barrel. The LM4 CQBR's outer barrel is also made up of the barrel plus the 1" extension.

The gas rod is pinned into the fixed front sight like it should be on a real AR from what I recall.

Thanks mate, I've got the pin out from the front sight. I was worried it could be attached at the receiver. Must just need a bit of a tug!

Nah. It's just press fitted into the upper receiver. If you twist the front sight a few degrees clockwise and counter clockwise it should slide right out with a little effort.

And as Shane pointed out (thanks Shane), Guarder (and I think DYTac too at one point) makes aftermarket CQB length outer barrels. When looking for aftermarket outer barrels, just make sure it is KSC/KWA GBBR compatible (most barrels simply just say "KSC compatible" since that's more common in Asia where the aftermarket manufacturers are based out of). That said, it's probably cheaper to just swap barrel extensions (IMO).