KWA LM4 PTR GBB

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Hi there Gents,

I've been fiddling around with my KWA LM4 for a while now and I've been looking to upgrade the barrel. I ordered a RATECH barrel/hop combo a few weeks ago and have just gotten round to trying to fit it. Turns out the barrel is ever so slightly flared at the hope end which is meaning I can't get the metal hop sleeve over the barrel!

Has anyone else had this problem? And if not does anyone know how I can remedy it? I was thinking about ever so slightly dremelling the flare away but I'm wary of causing more problems!

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks

Thanks a lot for that mate, the push I needed!

I've since tried to adjust the stock KWA hop up and have managed to rip most of the adjustment teeth off the adjustment dial. Always make sure the adjustment wrench is sat 100% straight, lesson learnt! I'm going to take a file to the barrel tonight, see if I can get it working.

I haven't seen or heard of that before though with Taiwain QC anythings possible. I'd alsp just take a file to it to resolve the issue as I wouldn't see doing so causing any issues.

Also they do have a Maple Leaf hopup housing to go along with the Maple Leaf EVO2 hopup system. It allows more adjustment and is also CNC aluminum in comparison to the super weak and brittle pot metal.

Thanks Akira,

I've got a Ra-Tech complete system so I will give that a go first. I have a Maple Leaf rubber and adjustment arm in there already and I will be honest, I'm not overly impressed with it, still seems quite inconsistent even after a thousand or so rounds to bed it in.

Fingers crossed the RA-TECH is better or I will give the complete Maple Leaf system a go!

I would definitely recommend the maple leaf rubber, hop arm, and housing. After installing it, my hop was working perfectly.

I got the RA TECH set before the maple leaf and it was a pain in the butt.

I'm not impressed by the RA TECH barrel either. I might go back to the stock barrel or look at a Maple Leaf 6.03 barrel.

I've had the maple leaf hop bucking and steel tensioner in my gun for the past 9-10 months I believe. It was the first batch that ehobbyasia released last year as I was keeping an eye on it. The stock hop setup wasn't quite cutting it for me after several hundred rounds through the gun.

I've put thousands of rounds through my gun and my shots sail onto my scopes dot pretty much every time I pull the trigger. Over the weekend, the gun chronometer at 330 fps with .20g bbs using propane. It was probably about 65 degrees Fahrenheit then. I still elected to use .28g bbs. Gun had very good accuracy at ranges of 150-180 feet.

Those maple leaf bucking/steel tensioner kits require a lil bit of tweaking....depending on the weight of bbs you want to shoot through the gun. It is not a straight drop in. You may need to sand down/shorten part of the steel tensioner that protrudes out of the hop dial as in the past, I saw white residue on it which I believe indicates that bbs catch onto it when the bb gets chambered in. If such is the case, then the bbs shot may have gotten gouged affecting range/accuracy. Do keep note of this when installing it in your gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm still having some trouble with my accuracy/precision on my LM4

I have the following upgrades in my gun:

The RA Tech 6.01 tight barrel that came with a hop kit from before.

Maple Leaf hop rubber

Maple Leaf hop dial

Maple Leaf steel tensioner arm

I have no problems adjusting the hop to the desired level of spin.

My gun is still giving me grief with accuracy and I suspect that it might be the RA Tech Barrel. (bb flight is not consistent, hooks right now and then)

Are you guys using tight barrels or stock barrels in your LM4? What bbs are you running through your gun?

Edited by freon
  • 2 months later...

So after going through all the pages of this topic as best I could. I finally took the lunge and picked up a bog-standard LM4 from one of my local stores. This is my first GBBR, and I have some questions. 

1) How to you maintain this thing? The store recommended airsoft silicone spray for the mags, hammer, and nozzle, but the manual mentions not to use it and use oil. I'm gonna head down to a local RC shop to pick up some. I figure 30wt?

2) What's generally the first thing to break in this gun? I've heard that the bucking wears out first, but what does next. If no one can tell me this from experience, I suppose it's a testament to the reliability of the gun.

3) I'm the devil's minion (read: Left-Handed). I have the PTS ambi switch coming in. Anybody put one of those in? any issues? I've watched a video install videos and it doesn't seem like a problem, but if anyone has tips please let me know. 

4) So that Delta ring is difficult to move. Is it worth it to buy a Delta ring removal tool or is there an easier, cheaper way? 

I've put about 10 magazines through it and got it zeroed in with iron sights. Down the line I've got a red dot and other goodies for it. Loving the recoil on it and using it as a testbed for my team's foray into picking up a common GBBR. 

Thanks in advance. 

1: for the love of god dont use spray. Stuff is added to the spray that is bad for you O-rings. I use 15w for magazines and o-rings and the smaller moving parts and 35w for the BCG and upper receiver. One thing to keep in mind is to not over lube it. A small dab on you finger and spread that out over the parts until you covered the area in a very thin coat should be enough. And after eacht game take a cloth or paper towel and wipe down the inside of the upper receiver. the paint on the inside does come off with repeated use and can foul the mechanism

2:The first thing that broke on mine is the nozzle return spring. contact the KWA pro shop and order a couple of these just to be sure. (this is a general goor rule with GBBR parts when you need small parts always buy slightly more then you need for your repair box)

3: Should be quite straightforward

4: Get a delta ring tool It will save you tons of headache and wont ruin the delta ring. they can be had for 20 bucks on e-bay.

if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask here we are here to help :D

I have one of the Magpul ami selectors on my Mega Arms, installation was very simple, just push out the old selector and push in the new one. The only thing I don't like is the selector mechanism no longer has the nice, definite click between settings!

Hoping I can get one of the Bad *albatross* ones instead, if they every get made for GBBRs.

Later daze

Lee

Pretty certain PTS said they're also doing them, obviously licensed this time around.  I've got the Crusader set here which I picked up before seeing the PTS Magpul selectors, not sure whether I'll use them in my next LM4 but I'm planning on a test fit just to see if they work.

Strange you're not getting such a positive click any more lee, my PTS selector set were a very nice improvement over the stock selector in every respect including positive locking in different positions.

Pretty certain PTS said they're also doing them, obviously licensed this time around.  I've got the Crusader set here which I picked up before seeing the PTS Magpul selectors, not sure whether I'll use them in my next LM4 but I'm planning on a test fit just to see if they work.

Strange you're not getting such a positive click any more lee, my PTS selector set were a very nice improvement over the stock selector in every respect including positive locking in different positions.

I would have thought so as well,as I have always had good results with the PTS kit, when I'm not away working, I should probably compare the two and see if the selector section is different.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a KSC Asia Edition M4 a couple weeks ago. Really love the rifle, very solid compared to others. NPAS system is excellent, far better than the WE version.

Bought the EVOII hop system & barrel which I had a bit of trouble installing. Basically it wouldnt go together useing the provided hop chamber but using a Guarder hop chamber (which is infact the old style) it went together happily.

Ive done some tests over the past few days and I am very impressed. Its currently shooting 200ft (as measured by Google Earth) with Blaster Devil .30g on a flat trajectory even flatter and more accurate with Maruzen Super Grand Master .29gs. Accurate to a main size target at this range. (Propane, room temp, 340fps .20g)

Got a Maple Leaf rubber & steel tensioner on the way too, see what results I get from that!

• 2 months later...

So.. going by your post... you're telling us that, overall, you're not going to do anything?

:unsure:

It's bloody rare to say the least for a manufacturer to supply the 'best' in terms of handguards on a stock gun.  Buying a rifle with a plastic handguard (which will obviously be cheaper than if they'd supplied a rail) then choosing and fitting your own forend out of the myriad options out there ensures you get exactly what fits your preferences; better result all round.

• Like 1