KWA LM4 PTR GBB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

Any comparison to Umarex/VFC HK416?

See how very few people have VFC GBBR good luck getting a comparison out of it.

My comparsion from experience

KWA LM4

Realistic Function: (how the gun operates):2.5/5 (Bolt catch do not behave the same, magazine catch is not flush with receiver when magazine seated, selector does not have positive click much like typical AEG)

Realistic Dimension:2.5/5 (Receiver is 0.25" shorter than AR-15, Buffer tube is longer to compensate, it's impossible to use ar-15 charging handle due to 3 piece upper design

Parts quality and finish:4/5 Receiver feels a bit like plastic due to the finish, steel internal aside from nozzle and trigger (aluminium AFAIK)

Gas Efficiency:4.5/5 Most efficient GBBR that use steel

Reliability (AFAIK): 4.5/5 All the issue that arise so far are easily avoidable. Make sure the key is well seated for hopup adjustment, do not overload magazine to 41 rounds

My personal complaint: Unrealistic function, magazine are way too heavy (heavier than a 30 round loaded GI aluminium mag)

WE M4 Open Chamber

Realistic Function: (how the gun operates): 5/5 Exactly the same in terms of operation

Realistic Dimension: Aside from the trigger box being off (so that conversion to AR is not possible) the gun is 100% compatiable with AR-15 some require modification trigger component will not fit thankfully).

Mag catch, handguard, grip, stock are drop in. Upper&Lower, Barrel, Front Sight, and Charging handle requires some mod

Parts quality and finish: 2.5/5, cheap paint receiver, pot metal internal parts (with steel reinforcement)

Gas Efficiency:3.5/5 Mag dump is possible but you will notice the decrease ROF

Reliability (AFAIK): 4/5 Long term, trigger component, bolt carrier and nozzle will require replacement

My Personal Complaint: Shoots too hot, internal parts will break

G&P WOC M4

Realistic Function: (how the gun operates): 5/5 Exactly the same in terms of operation

Realistic Dimension: Receiver is 3/16" shorter, aside from Receiver and Trigger component, AR-15 parts can fit with modification (ie removing retention tabs off charging handle so it can work)

Parts quality and finish:(4.5/5) As a wall hanger it will stay realistic and pretty, finish will wear off

Gas Efficiency: (2/5) Mag dump is not possible, 30 round mag dump is possible with heavy cool-down

Reliability (AFAIK): (3.5/5) Bolt carrier will be the first to wear out, nozzle will be shortly. Rest of the parts are relatively reliable)

My Personal Complaint: 1/3 of mag is made of crappy plastic, bolt carrier is pot metal, poor gas efficiency

King Arms M4

Realistic Dimension: Receiver is 3/16" shorter, aside from Receiver and Trigger component, AR-15 parts can fit with modification (ie removing retention tabs off charging handle so it can work)

Parts quality and finish:(3.5/5) Internal are potmetal completely whereas WOC has steel trigger component

Gas Efficiency: (2/5) Same as WOC

Reliability (AFAIK): (2.5/5) In addition to WOC's problem potmetal trigger = more parts to break

My complaint: WOC....WORSENED

• Like 1

yeah holding the KWA right next to my ino is like holding an AEG next to a real gun. I've tried 30 round mag dumps on my inok 2011 with the heavy weight installed and it was able to complete without the slowdown on CO2. Anyways, it's quite nice, and on CO2 it's even better!

Consider ino quality guns runs for $450USD, folks should consider it (Inokatsu ditch the 2nd manufacturer much like they did with Viper....Only the 2nd manufacture is now selling guns at $450-550USD)

Co2 is Co2, Propane is different. The fact LM4 works like Ino on propane is a big plus on its performence.

I can not agree with you more, my KWA PMAG's must weigh over 800g when full with gas.

However, they are ROCK solid.

It's actually lighter, the weight of KSC M4 vs KWA LM4 mag are the same, I'm guess the PMag are too. I think the weight is around 450g.

on my eb mags they can complete it without reducing ROF on GG with the heavy bolt. (Eb is the same mag that only holds 30) But as far as gas efficiency goes, LM4 can actually fire 2 full mags on 1 charge! You can't beat that!

Kull, when you fired the LM4, did the nozzle stick? is it suppose to? I fired the one from evike, and it stuck for some strange reason...

oh and the Taiwan Deer M4's are cheap and they don't have the forging line! and they don't have trades either... don't expect support from them... hence they are selling it dirt cheap!

Dumb question but does anyone know yet wether the LM4 will take a real steel buffer tube? Im guessing probably not, But Ive had this desire for a full sized M16 lately and Ive wanted to start looking into compatible parts to make that happen. I dont know anything about AEGs, but are the outer barrels compatible with this?

From the looks of it, no on the barrel though possibly on the buffer tube. I know you can use RS buffers and springs to increase recoil and I think someone actually did put a RS tube on his, I think I saw it on the KWA forum.

On a separate note, just got her in today and already kitted her up...

2012-06-19001028.jpg

From the looks of it, no on the barrel though possibly on the buffer tube. I know you can use RS buffers and springs to increase recoil and I think someone actually did put a RS tube on his, I think I saw it on the KWA forum.

On a separate note, just got her in today and already kitted her up...

you'll need spacer if you use no modded buffer. The stock buffer is longer to compensate the 1/4" loss at receiver length.

Kull, when you fired the LM4, did the nozzle stick? is it suppose to? I fired the one from evike, and it stuck for some strange reason...

Not as much as my WE M4

Just an FYI guys, the KWA PMAG is available and it's nearly $19 more then the standard GI magazine. I was waiting for these to come out but once I felt them in person it changed my mind. They're noticeably heavier, hold 2 less BBs, and now they cost nearly $19 more.

Also I changed my YouTube account so I figured I'd repost the Magpul ASAP sling mount video...

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Just an FYI guys, the KWA PMAG is available and it's nearly $19 more then the standard GI magazine. I was waiting for these to come out but once I felt them in person it changed my mind. They're noticeably heavier, hold 2 less BBs, and now they cost nearly $19 more.

WA (Standard) M4 mag: 450g

WE M4 Gen2 mag: 380g

LM4 GI mag: 550g

LM4 Pmag 750g

30 rounds of 62gr 5.56 w/ Aluminium GI mag: 480g

30 rounds of 62gr 5.56 w/ PMAG: 520g

Why am I surprise people pass on PMAG (functionality-wise)

• Like 1