KWA LM4 PTR GBB

So.. going by your post... you're telling us that, overall, you're not going to do anything?

:unsure:

It's bloody rare to say the least for a manufacturer to supply the 'best' in terms of handguards on a stock gun.  Buying a rifle with a plastic handguard (which will obviously be cheaper than if they'd supplied a rail) then choosing and fitting your own forend out of the myriad options out there ensures you get exactly what fits your preferences; better result all round.

Basically...yes :)

It's more in frustration that I want to do something, but don't see an option for me. It also seems like only the Mega Arms version is in stock anywhere.

It's not the cheapest of guns that's for sure, and I don't want to start investing in it, if it's not really any more efficient than a well tuned WE. I was lead to believe that not all airsoft rails simply fit straight on to the LM4?

As vain as it may sound, I'd have probably bought one already if they had a "prettier" offering ootb

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

Although my LM4s are working great for me, if you're that invested in the WE and the guns/mags you do have work well then perhaps just stick with it.  I've made the system transition and it probably cost me £1500 (at a low-end estimate) in money that I might as well have literally withdrawn from the ATM and set on fire.  Not saying that'll happen every time but most airsoft stuff is worth more kept than sold.

In terms of retailers' stock, that's just a matter of time.  Far as know the thread on the upper is the standard marui spec so 90%+ of the airsoft rails out there should fit (if we're talking freefloats, drop-ins the thread obviously doesn't matter).  External aesthetics.. well obviously that's all preference.  Personally as long as they can be changed I'm fine with just about any gun since I like working on them; I think the Mega looks awesome out the box because it's the most faithfyul replica of a modern/up-to-date non-military AR that exists, again all preference of course.

Although my LM4s are working great for me, if you're that invested in the WE and the guns/mags you do have work well then perhaps just stick with it.  I've made the system transition and it probably cost me £1500 (at a low-end estimate) in money that I might as well have literally withdrawn from the ATM and set on fire.  Not saying that'll happen every time but most airsoft stuff is worth more kept than sold.

In terms of retailers' stock, that's just a matter of time.  Far as know the thread on the upper is the standard marui spec so 90%+ of the airsoft rails out there should fit (if we're talking freefloats, drop-ins the thread obviously doesn't matter).  External aesthetics.. well obviously that's all preference.  Personally as long as they can be changed I'm fine with just about any gun since I like working on them; I think the Mega looks awesome out the box because it's the most faithfyul replica of a modern/up-to-date non-military AR that exists, again all preference of course.

I do have a good amount invested. However, I wanted a second M4 and have always wanted to try the LM4. I like the idea of not needing to do anything internally, and although I'm dubious about how much more gas efficient they can possibly be, i'd still like to try it for myself.

I think I'll keep my eyes out for a second hand one maybe with a few mags.

I swapped from WE and havnt looked back!

I do however REALLY WANT the Mega Arms version. I think it looks stunning, so chunky and agressive looking :D

I swapped to WE from WA systems and haven't looked back :). There are so many mixed reviews of the LM4 that i'm just never sure who to believe!

Personally I hate the look of the Mega Arms version, its fugly. The rail being the worst part, and the only part you can't change because of the upper! Stock LM4 or Magpul edition for me I think.

Well If you get one I could be tempted to swap my Magpul upper for the Mega Arms one :D

It really is quite gas efficient, never had a single drop of cooldown under normal shooting conditions. Only time I it got sluggish was when I put around 100 rounds through one mag - kept reloading BBs and little top ups of gas - even then it was sluggish but still able to happily shoot.

Only thing that annoys me ever so slightly is the trigger has a small amount of play before in engages but this is fixable, however It shoots so well I will not be stripping it until something goes wrong! lol

The best GBB site in Asia of course :)http://www.airsofttaiwan.com/shop/goods.php?id=1003

It's $480, but you get $57 off when you go to checkout for their "summer sale". I've already got one new toy on the way, but I'm very tempted as really want to try the LM4 and compare. If they only stocked the non-fugly mega arms version.

Wonder how different the KSC version is..

Well theres three versions I think. KWA US, KWA Asia, KSC.

KWA US the receivers is shorter to prevent it being used with RS parts.

KWA Asia is 1:1

KSC is 1:1 and has zero airsoft trades - i.e no cal 6mm, no made by KWA or whatever...

Other than that identical. Well if you decide to order the Mega Arms one then drop me a PM if they are the same size receivers I may well be inclined to trade uppers & RIS. Ive got a Magpul upper with a 11" Noveske Keymod RIS, may well even trade the lower too :D

No, but the PMAGS hold 2 less bb's, but look a lot sexier. 

There was this cool indicator mod over on the KWA USA forum when I had my LM4.

http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11432

_BMP6056.jpg

I presume that can be done to the standard GI mags too? I might do that with all mine! 

Is there any performance difference between the PMAG and STANAG?

Bolt hold open on the Pmaps when used with the Mega Arms can be an issue. The Pmags can cause the Mega Arms to lock back on every shot, thought this can be solved with a small amount of time and a file.

Definitly going to try the conversion shown above!!

Lee

Im with Bio. I love it, only thing that puts me off the length of the rail. Slightly too long for my liking, would prefer the outer barrel around the 11" mark

Its awesome because iy says MEGA on the side :D

On a slightly unrelated note how important (if at all) is re-crowing a cut down inner barrel?

Edited by bankz5152